watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would We be Happy With A 0-0 Draw Tomorrow

Started by filham, October 19, 2018, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

A goalless draw against Cardiff would give us a precious away point that would keep us out of the bottom three and would be our first clean sheet of the season and would indicate that perhaps Jocanovic has changed tactics and added a little more emphasis on defence.

Would we be happy with this result, no not really. Having spent £100 million on new players and playing the best football in the Championship last season surely we should be beating teams like Cardiff with a comfortable margin.

Lighthouse

Depends on how the game plays out. I am worried that another defeat would bring out the two sides of fans. One saying we never do well against big physical sides and the other saying it is the end of the World. I would like to see us play a whole match well and be in with a chance. They have adapted better than we have if you look at their results. They are not conceding a hat full of goals each week. I just hope we make no obvious silly errors or tactically play like headless chickens. Usually in the second half.

90 minutes plus of good consistent football please. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SuffolkWhite

Any point away from home is ok no matter who you play. I have a feeling Joka may tweak his style, also our attack are due some goals. COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

F(f)CUK

No. Sadly our previous results make this a must win game for me.

filham

A 0-0 draw would mean only one win in nine games, the pressure to win at home to Bournmouth next week would then be enormous.

Jimpav

Dreading tomorrow already.

A 0-0 with 20 Cardiff shots on target would be a good result, a 0-0 with 3 Fulham shots on target would be a disaster.

A draw would hurt Cardiff more than us, but make no mistake this is a proverbial "6 pointer."

JakeFFC

I wouldn't say this is a must win game (although important) for us its a mustn't loose game.

Any points we drop and Cardiff gain over us are crucial as it drags us down and pulls them out a bit.

Depending on how the game goes I would take a point, e.g we are 3-0 down at half time after yet another slow start. But otherwise a win is the only aim.

David Allen Crankshaw

If we can't win at Cardiff there isn't much hope for us winning any other away game.

ex-Pat

Quote from: filham on October 19, 2018, 12:20:09 PM
A goalless draw against Cardiff would give us a precious away point that would keep us out of the bottom three and would be our first clean sheet of the season and would indicate that perhaps Jocanovic has changed tactics and added a little more emphasis on defence.

Would we be happy with this result, no not really. Having spent £100 million on new players and playing the best football in the Championship last season surely we should be beating teams like Cardiff with a comfortable margin.

A Draw, you're kidding right ? need to win this game, enough already.

Woolly Mammoth

A win would do us a massive favour, a draw would be a decent result. As this match would be, and believe me, no picnic.
Obviously a defeat would start the alarm bells ringing. But still plenty of matches left to get our act together.
However, even if Cardiff win they will only be level with us, but if others win their matches, we could be bottom at the end of the weekend.
I would rather be bottom in October. But not bottom in May, and nowhere near bottom.
I say this from the heart of my bottom, I mean the bottom of my heart.
Nevertheless, I have enough confidence to feel we can win all three points tomorrow, but it's all on the day.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

Any away point is a good point when stuck at our end of the table.

That said they are there for the taking.  Ralls and Gunnarson out means they are light in midfield.  Let's hope their manager doesn't know any dastardly tactics for bypassing midfield play. 

Some hope!

Robbie

If we can't beat Cardiff we are in trouble.

Sgt Fulham

Second easiest game all season. We simply must win.

davew

Quote from: Robbie on October 19, 2018, 05:35:09 PM
If we can't beat Cardiff we are in trouble.
Couldn't blame them if they were saying the same about us.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Bassey the warrior

I'd take that but it's definitely winnable. If we keep a clean sheet that's progress.

filham

No goals tomorrow would also mean only two goals scored in four games, signs of a goal drought. Think I would prefer 3-3 so that we can continue to worry only about our defence.

The Swan

Whats the point of playing away to a team in the bottom three and not expecting a win.

Cardiff play rubbish so do we at the moment but we must go there with the will to win.

Remember last Boxing Day we won 2-4. We have got so many more good players ( I think) so we should be able to win.

I will be very disappointed if we don't win.
The Swan

davew

Quote from: The Swan on October 19, 2018, 08:33:11 PM
Whats the point of playing away to a team in the bottom three and not expecting a win.

Cardiff play rubbish so do we at the moment but we must go there with the will to win.

Remember last Boxing Day we won 2-4. We have got so many more good players ( I think) so we should be able to win.

I will be very disappointed if we don't win.
So will I, they might play rubbish but they still got automatic promotion, we shouldn't forget that!! We spent 105m in the transfer window, how much did they spend and they are only 3 points below us? While we think we have lost a few points so far this season which we shouldn't have, so have they and have performed better against 1 or 2 of the top teams that we have also played, so we have no devine right to rubbish them or think we are better than them, on paper we have a different class squad, in reality at the moment we are are slightly less rubbish than them!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SP

Really hoping Mitro gets some decent supply tomorrow, I think he could be the difference.