more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time to change the Head Coach

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 20, 2018, 04:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Shoot me down, abuse me . I don't care

I'm not one of the pessimistic posters on here usually.

I think the players we purchased are good enough but I think Slav has been found out.

The 3 most damning aspects are:

- defence is chaotic
- he keeps changing the team every week
- he's playing the same style he did in the championship and he does not have a plan B

10 games is a lot. We can say don't worry we will improve, but we are showing no signs of learning from our mistakes. In fact we are getting worse

@jolslover

I like Joka, I think today the starting lineup and the second sub specifically were inexcusable. Terrible decisions. Is it too late if we give him the next 2 games and he loses them?
STH H3

alexbishop

Second half management that really got me...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

@jolslover

Today wasn't Jokas Fulham. We weren't trying to play the passing game, We didn't play with attacking fullbacks. I love his style so I will always defend him when he tries to play good football but today we didn't even try that. We had the players to beat Cardiff so why did we adopt a defensive approach from the off?
STH H3

Aaron

Quote from: @jolslover on October 20, 2018, 04:58:31 PM
Is it too late if we give him the next 2 games and he loses them?

I never really liked that approach as it just seems to prolong the inevitable anyway.

Asotosyios

Let's bring Allardyce or Moyes or Pardew....or all 3 of them!

@jolslover

Quote from: Aaron on October 20, 2018, 05:01:26 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on October 20, 2018, 04:58:31 PM
Is it too late if we give him the next 2 games and he loses them?

I never really liked that approach as it just seems to prolong the inevitable anyway.

I think if he can get the defence to click then we would be a good side. But I am starting to lose faith that he can do that and his in game decisions / starting lineup today baffled me.
Atleast if we do get rid I trust the Khans to bring in someone impressive rather than one of the usual merry go round suspects (Sam/Pulis type)
STH H3

Sgt Fulham

The system doesn't work in this league. It leaves us too exposed at the back and the defence cannot adapt to it. It's such a shame because I've loved watching us the past 2 years but we're going nowhere without a change.

Mince n Tatties

The point is we've been dreadful all season,yet we keep hearing every week the same excuse from lots of posters"We have been playing the top sides,we have winnable games coming up" really?

KJS

Sorry Slav but your time is up !!! It's obvious that he cannot coach a defence and it's time to make a change before its too late

davew

Quote from: Asotosyios on October 20, 2018, 05:01:43 PM
Let's bring Allardyce or Moyes or Pardew....or all 3 of them!
Don't think any of them are good enough or quick enough to play in our defence
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 20, 2018, 05:04:08 PM
The point is we've been dreadful all season,yet we keep hearing every week the same excuse from lots of posters"We have been playing the top sides,we have winnable games coming up" really?

Cardiff wasn't 1 of them was it?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham Tup North

You cannot win the League by Christmas, but you can be relegated!! 😵
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

Garth and Dion saying on Final score what we all know,our defence are a joke.

snarks

Gutted. But we were poor last year until November, and the year before come to think of it

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: snarks on October 20, 2018, 05:15:48 PM
Gutted. But we were poor last year until November, and the year before come to think of it

Different ball game now though, no easy games in this league.

Camel Club

I think most will agree with you Slaphead  I still believe this squad of players are capable of finishing on the top half of the PL but unfortunately not with SJ.

Statto

Disagree. I'm not happy by a long way but

A) We're still nowhere near being adrift  of(ie 3+ points away from) 17th, which for me is the deadline by which you need a change. I reckon we could lose the next 3 games and still be within 1 win of 17th.

B) Jokanovic has always, at both Fulham and even at Watford, taken until about November to get his teams sorted. Thereafter they've been very good, more than compensating for the earlier poor performances.

C) We've made a higher number of new signings than most clubs, and as I said in the summer, overall we signed them later than most clubs. 5 on deadline day FFS! Madness from Tony Khan. An extra allowance has to be made for that IMO.

D) I don't buy this "his style doesn't work in the PL" argument. It does. It's the same style all the successful teams play. Generally speaking in this league, the more possession, passes, and pass completion you have, the more points you get. 

E) We have an international break in 3 games' time. That's a good opportunity to change, if we're going to. A new manager isn't going to come in this week and sort us out by next Saturday.

For me he gets the next 2 games. If we don't win either of those THEN he has to go.

Kent_Fulham

Agree. I've never called for Slav to go before, but sadly and reluctantly I think change is now needed. . You can't expext to avoid relegation when you are on course to concede 100 goals in a season.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: snarks on October 20, 2018, 05:15:48 PM

Yes snarks but this season we will not play Burton or Barnsley.

And we dont look like we are learning from our mistakes