more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time to change the Head Coach

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 20, 2018, 04:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: toshes mate on October 21, 2018, 04:55:01 PM
You will get your new coach if the Khans agree Jokanovic is the flaw, but the problem we are encoutering may be much more serious than one single personnel change can improve upon as we have seen in the past.  Indeed even the Club Captain disagrees with that analysis.

To get a feel for what McDonald and Jokanovic are talking about, if not in as many words, it's instructive to watch the first goal scored against us yesterday, where Chambers is not concentrating on the man he is marking at all.  He is caught watching the ball and not his target and by the time he reacts Murphy is clear and in an incredibly dangerous position.  Chambers is rendered superfluous by his complete inability to concentrate the very thing he is being paid to do.   That isn't about coaching, tactics or anything else, it is sheer disregard for his professional job.  If he was a doctor then God help his patients.   And the problem is that Chambers is not alone in this disregard.   Why is a very good question and I do not see any answers in this thread.

tosh - a decent coach can make a decent back 4 out of 4 of fosu, bryan, ream, odoi, christie, le march mawson. also i think betts will be fine behind a functioning back 4.

the only one who is crap is chambers.

sorry but i dont buy the argument we have a bad set of defenders, they just need organizing. i may be wrong, but thats my take on it.

toshes mate

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 21, 2018, 05:26:27 PM
tosh - a decent coach can make a decent back 4 out of 4 of fosu, bryan, ream, odoi, christie, le march mawson. also i think betts will be fine behind a functioning back 4.

the only one who is crap is chambers.

sorry but i dont buy the argument we have a bad set of defenders, they just need organizing. i may be wrong, but thats my take on it.

I don't disagree with you about the back four - if they all concentrated on their jobs.  Only Odoi and, to a lesser extent MleM, have shown reliability if not that something extra the PL normally demonstrates.  Ream looks distressed as he has in the past.  Mawson needs game time but must be better than what we have seen of him so far.  Bryan has been unfortunate because of his injury. TMF looks raw and is perhaps still a developing player.  Christie is not, in my opinion, a wing back and is therefore flawed as a replacement for Fredericks.  If the back four are unbalanced for any reason at all then the whole team suffers because people get nervous about being in possession and more mistakes occur.   We know that from last season.

If SJ cannot turn it around then you will get your new coach but don't be surprised if, looking at the longer term, it makes matters just as bad. 

cottage expat

I would give him the next two games. If we lose both, I think he'll be gone.

Riverside

Sadly people change as well

Joka looked haggard in his post match interview and I think he does not know what to do

With his changes in formation as well as personnel it is clear that he is uncertain of what he wants to players to buy into .

Last 2 seasons even swapping players it was always clear he knew what he wanted then to do .

This is not the confident Joka of the last 3 seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaySmith

He must feel stressed - he knows he carries the can, and his job is on the line if we don't improve. I'm sure khan wants to protect his investment, though I don't think he'll make a knee jerk  response.

Well he stuck with Slav before when things weren't going well, and Symonds was sacked mid -season when he didn't achieve a promotion target.

But  severe stress  goes with the territory- and he's paid to deal with it. But  it can be a brutal business, football - you either get results or you're out. Similarly, there's always be a place for the Big Sams and  Pulises,  because  despite their general unpopularity with fans for their style of play, they  have track records of keeping smaller clubs in the Prem..

Riverside

Quote from: cottage expat on October 21, 2018, 06:28:33 PM

Fulham tell Jokanovic he has two games to save his job

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e2ab84ac-d54e-11e8-9c20-5eb2e7b96a26

toshes mate

Quote from: Riverside on October 22, 2018, 09:50:20 AM

Joka looked haggard in his post match interview and I think he does not know what to do

With his changes in formation as well as personnel it is clear that he is uncertain of what he wants to players to buy into .

Last 2 seasons even swapping players it was always clear he knew what he wanted then to do .

I believe it is exactly the Jokanovic of the last 2.5 seasons.  He is human and of course he is going to react and respond to performances that fall short of his standards.  He was described in much the same words as you have used ('lost the plot' was one expression I heard and read about him) after Brentford away last year (the Brentford home game elicited many negatives too).  I see the same guy, the same belief in his methods, a guy who could have cashed in on a new contract but has, instead, chosen to delay and concentrate on what he does best and that is knock players into a shape he can use to get to the targets he sets himself.  He doesn't bang his head against brick walls.  He urges people up to his standard, gives them chances to show what they can do and sends them away to work harder when they let him and themselves down too badly.

He knows his fate is no more in his hands today than it was in his first half season when relegation was always just a couple of defeats away.  He thrives on that adversity in the same way he thrives upon accomplishment.  When we win he is already concentrating on the next game, which is the exact same thing he does when we lose.

Andy S

Obviously if we continue to lose we will need to change something but that time is not yet. So let's take our fingers off the panic button. Go back in time we had a manager called Bobby Robson. He was sacked and left us for a very successful career at Ipswich. Look what happened to us.

HV71

Quote from: toshes mate on October 22, 2018, 10:27:04 AM
Quote from: Riverside on October 22, 2018, 09:50:20 AM

I believe it is exactly the Jokanovic of the last 2.5 seasons.  He is human and of course he is going to react and respond to performances that fall short of his standards.  He was described in much the same words as you have used ('lost the plot' was one expression I heard and read about him) after Brentford away last year (the Brentford home game elicited many negatives too).  I see the same guy, the same belief in his methods, a guy who could have cashed in on a new contract but has, instead, chosen to delay and concentrate on what he does best and that is knock players into a shape he can use to get to the targets he sets himself.  He doesn't bang his head against brick walls.  He urges people up to his standard, gives them chances to show what they can do and sends them away to work harder when they let him and themselves down too badly.

He knows his fate is no more in his hands today than it was in his first half season when relegation was always just a couple of defeats away.  He thrives on that adversity in the same way he thrives upon accomplishment.  When we win he is already concentrating on the next game, which is the exact same thing he does when we lose.

Well said - he is a man of principle who isn't just in it for the money  ( or he would have signed a new contract with all the benefits that would give him). I like that in someone it is to be admired and not pilloried. He has made some awful mistakes this season but that is also how he allows his players to play . They now need to come together and repay him for everything he has given them - for they are richer ,both in terms of their playing ability , and their pockets.

sumofallparts

I like Slav - huge respect for who he is and what he has done.
BUT - no 1 priority is to stay in the PL. One man is not bigger than the club.
So, if the current trend isn't reversed in next 2, 3 or 4 games - I think change is needed within the next month.
Like it or not - we have no choice is we keep losing, shipping tons of goals and don't have a plan for the rest of the season.
We have to stop leaking goals. Draws and some 1-0 results our way and the points will build.
Like him or not - it all points to Big Sam.
B4 the naysayers start, his football isn;t my choice either - BUT - i'd rather him + premier league and the alternative....

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: sumofallparts on October 22, 2018, 03:45:08 PM
I like Slav - huge respect for who he is and what he has done.
BUT - no 1 priority is to stay in the PL. One man is not bigger than the club.
So, if the current trend isn't reversed in next 2, 3 or 4 games - I think change is needed within the next month.
Like it or not - we have no choice is we keep losing, shipping tons of goals and don't have a plan for the rest of the season.
We have to stop leaking goals. Draws and some 1-0 results our way and the points will build.
Like him or not - it all points to Big Sam.
B4 the naysayers start, his football isn;t my choice either - BUT - i'd rather him + premier league and the alternative....

Surely we can be a bit more imaginative than Fat Sam. He's just so so dull.

hovewhite

For so many,it's about surviving in the P.L watching a few wins every season.
I would prefer a mid table lower division team winning rather than losing every week so for me a know brainer.

ramon_rbb

more of 100M and 25 in 9 matchs, defence it´s a "sangria".
I was very excited for the team and Jokanovic, but this situation it has become great.
What a team in downhill you score four goals, it´s worrying, this season it makes me remember the disaster of season 2013/14.
Regards from Seville and sorry for my English.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: Riverside on October 22, 2018, 10:22:14 AM
Quote from: cottage expat on October 21, 2018, 06:28:33 PM

Fulham tell Jokanovic he has two games to save his job

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e2ab84ac-d54e-11e8-9c20-5eb2e7b96a26

Fulham have Not given Jokanovic just two games (in reply to such reports ) according to Sky...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11532489/slavisa-jokanovic-not-given-fulham-ultimatum-according-to-sky-sources

But unofficially it would not surprise me if he has those two games.