watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri...

Started by AnOldBrownie, October 20, 2018, 06:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

A highly touted midfielder...who imo has been invisible most of the season.     He's new to the system...but his lack of pace...lack of agressiveness...lack of size... can't be overcome by a couple of good through balls a game and the occassionally good corner kick.

Since his give away to City that resulted in a goal he hasn't looked like a premiere league player.   He looks indecisive and timid.

@jolslover

He was the best of our midfield 3 today no doubt. The other two haven't impressed in a single game they've played IMO.
STH H3

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: @jolslover on October 20, 2018, 07:08:41 PM
He was the best of our midfield 3 today no doubt. The other two haven't impressed in a single game they've played IMO.

So not leading directly to an opposing goal is the low bar for the midfield now?   Ayite was better than him, and Ayite was forgettable. 

Buffalo76

Apart from a wonder goal against Burnley he's been a mixed bag 4 me. Wondered what Barcelona potentially saw in him supposedly last year. Maybe 9 games in isn't long enough 2 judge him though. New country, new league etc.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Buffalo76 on October 20, 2018, 08:42:08 PM
Apart from a wonder goal against Burnley he's been a mixed bag 4 me. Wondered what Barcelona potentially saw in him supposedly last year. Maybe 9 games in isn't long enough 2 judge him though. New country, new league etc.

He was brought in to play in the system and style we had last season when we were by far the best footballing team.
This season we have tried to play the same easy, difference is we are way in quality to be able to play the style we want to. Seri is on a different level to the rest of the midfield and you can see it when you watch him live some of his quick flicks and round the corner passes, granted some don't come off but some of that is don't to the guys in the team not thinking as one like we did last season.
Is he small, yes. Is he slow, not when I have seen him.

It is fae to early to write the guy off, he has the quality like many of the other members of the squad but it seems they are either not on the same wave length or not sticking to the plan and that opens up a whole different can of worms

The Old Count

99 posts and most of them slagging off one player. 

davew

Quote from: The Old Count on October 20, 2018, 08:53:41 PM
99 posts and most of them slagging off one player. 
That is almost as good as my ratio of postings re Rui Fonte who now seems a cheap acquisition at the price! I will have to do an audit of my 8k + postings which I think will confirm that not one of them has been critical about Seri, until now that is! When I watch some of these 20m + continental players under perform and really don't seem suited to the PL, I wonder if the whole thing is a circus?? Taking Mitro out of the equation as we did need a striker as we didn't have anybody else, the other 75m has been spent on players who have so far made a pretty poor return on their investment and I am not sure how many of them I would keep at Fulham after the January window, at the moment Bryan would be the only 1 and he is injured, Fulhamish!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Is there any way we can blame Craig Kline for this debacle.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 20, 2018, 09:43:43 PM
Not at all I answered that on another thread, don't you read all my posts these days (lol)?

Statto

First 4/5 games I was convinced he was one of the top 10 players ever to wear our shirt

Most of our new players, even Schurrle, are yet to play a good 90 mins IMO, but Seri is the exception. If he is playing crap it's clearly a morale issue rather than a lack of talent 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on October 20, 2018, 09:48:57 PM
Not at all I answered that on another thread, don't you read all my posts these days (lol)?

Sorry, I must be slipping, after watching today's display, the last few hours have not been my finest.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 20, 2018, 10:10:08 PM
Quote from: davew on October 20, 2018, 09:48:57 PM

Sorry, I must be slipping, after watching today's display, the last few hours have not been my finest.
Nor mine!!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from a publication after the Arsenal game.

"That said, he looks a different player without Tom Cairney beside him.

With the skipper injured, Seri is the man to get Fulham ticking along and to win the ball in a box-to-box midfield role, and I think he needs someone like Cairney next to him to bring out the best in him."

That was last game.

That was before he got subbed out of the game against the poorest (well, on form Fulham may be the poorest) EPL squad.

For the $$$ he's being paid I would have expected a box to box mid to own against a team like Cardiff.   Instead, he was constantly overrun in the first half.  I saw him play two really good through balls and he took a corner.

Slav made mistakes yesterday, yes...but Seri looked outclassed by the poorest side in the league.  He was the least visible of our midfielders.

Yes, McDonald and Johannson were poor.    They are championship level midfielders.

What's Seri's excuse?

And yes, he may very well play better when Cairney is back.    So, the whites signed a midfield player that needs another player to make him shine?

davew

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 21, 2018, 08:42:11 PM
Quote from a publication after the Arsenal game.

"That said, he looks a different player without Tom Cairney beside him.

With the skipper injured, Seri is the man to get Fulham ticking along and to win the ball in a box-to-box midfield role, and I think he needs someone like Cairney next to him to bring out the best in him."

That was last game.

That was before he got subbed out of the game against the poorest (well, on form Fulham may be the poorest) EPL squad.

For the $$$ he's being paid I would have expected a box to box mid to own against a team like Cardiff.   Instead, he was constantly overrun in the first half.  I saw him play two really good through balls and he took a corner.

Slav made mistakes yesterday, yes...but Seri looked outclassed by the poorest side in the league.  He was the least visible of our midfielders.

Yes, McDonald and Johannson were poor.    They are championship level midfielders.

What's Seri's excuse?

And yes, he may very well play better when Cairney is back.    So, the whites signed a midfield player that needs another player to make him shine?
Not his fault

Que Seri Seri,
Whatever will be will be,
With or without Cairney,
I will still get my money!!

Facts Not Fiction

When you are forced to play the role of the creator, a role which he is not accustomed to, without additional support, you may look overrun.

filham

In the early matches I thought Seri was a class act, he seems to have deteriorated slowly as the season has gone on. Maybe he needs Cairney with him but the I thought he was capable of taking an injured Cairney's place.

bahay18

cairney always offers a get out pass to the team . it was the same last year , without him the system doesn't work . I thought Seri could take on that role as well but so far he seems more of a box to box player . When you watch his clips from france on youtube he has a lot of space and time to do all the flicks , not going to get that here and needs to adjust and do the flicks when the situation allows. But clearly the guy is a good player , good touch and great range of passing .

MJG

Coming across at the moment similar to a really good player playing in a rubbish sunday league team and trying to do too much and cover too much.
Still think hes contributing and was shocked he was subbed for Ayite because just a few minutes before he did a blindside cross field pass as good as any in the match.

Make no mistakes hes a quality player, but like any good player they dont look great in a stuggling team. Its no so much he needs Cairney, he just needs other to start playing as well.

Thoughts of dropping him are for me a big mistake.
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2018, 11:17:05 AM
Coming across at the moment similar to a really good player playing in a rubbish sunday league team and trying to do too much and cover too much.
Still think hes contributing and was shocked he was subbed for Ayite because just a few minutes before he did a blindside cross field pass as good as any in the match.

Make no mistakes hes a quality player, but like any good player they dont look great in a stuggling team. Its no so much he needs Cairney, he just needs other to start playing as well.

Thoughts of dropping him are for me a big mistake.
I have to concur with this, especially the deliciously accurate first sentence with which SJ would likely have a good wry smile about.

Seri has, on many occasions, impressed me and not just the obvious moments.  He has found it just as hard as anybody else would to fit into a system that grates rather than smoothly engages.  I'd prefer to judge us when we really come together according to the plan.  It'll happen overnight sometime just as it has done in the past two seasons.  No real reason for it to happen apart from little things like young Sess opening his account for the season. You never know the button that makes it work until you press it either by design or chance.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

seri is a very good player but he has come to a team that is not as good as he was led to believe and it has become a morale problem plus to a certain extent an attitude problem.

He is capable of playing in far better teams than Fulham and I cannot see him being with us for very long.

Fulham have brought in assets on the field and with rising prices several could eventually be sold for a higher price than we paid for them and Seri may be one of the first that we will cash in on.

The Khans have been shrewder with their spending than they have been given credit for but that will only help their money rather than ourPremiership status.