watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri...

Started by AnOldBrownie, October 20, 2018, 06:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pieter A’dam

I really like this player, very good passer and most games he has been our best midfielder in my opinion. He's been unlucky that TC has been injured, and to give Seri some credit; its hard to play well with Stef and kmac on your side. Especially kmac has been so disappointing, too slow and can't pressure at all because of his lacking pace.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 20, 2018, 06:44:56 PM
A highly touted midfielder...who imo has been invisible most of the season.     He's new to the system...but his lack of pace...lack of agressiveness...lack of size... can't be overcome by a couple of good through balls a game and the occassionally good corner kick.

Since his give away to City that resulted in a goal he hasn't looked like a premiere league player.   He looks indecisive and timid.

its difficult to look good in a bad team. and his fellow midfielders do not give him to much support.

nose returns

when serri left the fioeld it was 2 2.
the change was unexpected as Kmac and Stefan J were far worse in terms of contribution and for ayite was a sensless and suicidal thing.

as far as seri is concened he is obviously a class act but struggling like so many to settle when the line changes quite so often. but for sure when he walked off, our chances of getting a result left the field with him.

Statto

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on October 22, 2018, 12:16:04 PM
seri is a very good player but he has come to a team that is not as good as he was led to believe and it has become a morale problem plus to a certain extent an attitude problem.

He is capable of playing in far better teams than Fulham and I cannot see him being with us for very long.

Agree, I said something similar on here the other day but got shot down by someone interpreting it as me saying we shouldn't sign talented players. What i meant is you need a mix of prima donna flair/luxury players and more humble grafter-types for a healthy dressing room, particularly if you're going to be losing most weeks and having to scrap against teams like Cardiff.

I also said on here previously that I don't see this team having the heart for a great escape. we have the quality to finish mid-table but if we're still around 17th with a handful of games left, we're nailed on to go down IMO 

Matt10

Quote from: nose on October 22, 2018, 01:17:18 PM
when serri left the fioeld it was 2 2.
the change was unexpected as Kmac and Stefan J were far worse in terms of contribution and for ayite was a sensless and suicidal thing.

as far as seri is concened he is obviously a class act but struggling like so many to settle when the line changes quite so often. but for sure when he walked off, our chances of getting a result left the field with him.

That's actually a really good point. Seri and Johansen were looking pretty composed on the ball for the most part. We even had some decent possession at times. Again, it's one of these questionable subs that makes or breaks sometimes. Ayite not a bad player at all, but not Seri type playmaker. We were left with McDonald and Johansen. Part of our past strengths was having two creative midfielders (Johansen and Cairney) and one CDM who can put a body on players. Think it was too early to be pulling Seri, but I remember at the time I was upset with Seri for being so poor defensively, however I didn't expect Ayite to replace him.

FFC1987

Thought his passing was poor until the second half, especially first 20 mins. As he started to get into the game, he was taken off in what was probably Slav's most ridiculous sub I've seen in a while.

@jolslover

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 22, 2018, 02:36:05 PM
Thought his passing was poor until the second half, especially first 20 mins. As he started to get into the game, he was taken off in what was probably Slav's most ridiculous sub I've seen in a while.

+1
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

Taking Seri off on Saturday was a self inflicted wound, and I could not comprehend the reason for this decision, and what happened after he left the field of play showed what an error of judgement that was.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

I said it before and I'll say it again, I don't think KMac and Johansson are good enough in the same team at this level. Great in rotation but they don't quite cut it as a pair. We need that middle of Seri/Cairney/Johannson and KMAC/Anguissa. I just don't see quality with KMac and johansson played together.

AnOldBrownie

We know that Seri can play when he has the ball at his feet and he gets rid of the ball before a more physical player can dispossess him.

I'm going to watch him today to see what he does when Fulhum lose possession.

If you're a midfielder, and you know your back line is weak...YOU HAVE TO DO MORE DEFENSIVELY.    I haven't seen him do very much of that this season.   Especially since the City game.

Paul Pogba and Kevin De Bruyne are attacking midfielders.    They are both also expected to be defenders...or at least be in the correct defensive position, when the opposing team has the ball.    They aren't expected to just watch the ball when it's possessed by the other team.

I'm watching you Seri.  I'm expecting some of those mid-field 50/50 balls to be won by you and for you to help us get more attacking opportunities than we got last game.

Statto

Does Cairney win a lot of 50/50 balls then? TC is the benchmark he should be judged against

AnOldBrownie

I'm still waiting to see why everyone is up Seri's tail, yet Anguissa can do nothing good.

Of the two at least Anguissa at times looks PL quality.    All I see Seri do most of the time he's in the game is chase the ball.

He wasn't missed today at all, and I'd argue the team looked less effective when Cairney was subbed for him.

Bassey the warrior

Seri has been poor of late and couldn't have any complaints after being dropped. He needs to learn you don't get as much time on the ball here. Still, I believe he has the ability it's just the mindset.

Nick Bateman

Seri is probably the worst signing Fulham have made.  He is still living on that single woinder goal and is the main reason we have little midfield possession in our games.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Nick Bateman on November 11, 2018, 02:01:51 PM
Seri is probably the worst signing Fulham have made.  He is still living on that single woinder goal and is the main reason we have little midfield possession in our games.

I don't see why more people haven't seen this.   I'm sure Slav has.   It's blatantly obvious that Seri isn't a Slav player.   

Slav is always going on about needing to be bigger, stronger, faster in the premiere league.   Which of those boxes does Seri check.

He's not even good at possession ball.   

I'd be looking to move him during the transfer window and I'd spend 30 million on a quality holding mid that has pace.

Robbie

Rubbish again today. Got caught. No vision. No fight.

Spirit of 2000

No coincidence that we had our best half of football for ages when he wasn't on the pitch. No passion or fight ... looks like he doesn't want to be here. Bad attitude... get rid in January.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: The Old Count on October 20, 2018, 08:53:41 PM
99 posts and most of them slagging off one player.

You're right.    Because imo he's the most glaring problem on the squad.

Apparently one of my favorite young players (Timothy Fosu-Mensah) is also poor (mentally) but Seri is way more important to the success of this squad than Timothy is.

Seri just doesn't look physically able to compete at this level...and I've said so since the first City game.

• Retain possession
    Obtain possession

Seri isn't good at either at this level.

hovewhite

Quote from: DevonFFC on October 20, 2018, 08:50:38 PM
Quote from: Buffalo76 on October 20, 2018, 08:42:08 PM
Apart from a wonder goal against Burnley he's been a mixed bag 4 me. Wondered what Barcelona potentially saw in him supposedly last year. Maybe 9 games in isn't long enough 2 judge him though. New country, new league etc.

He was brought in to play in the system and style we had last season when we were by far the best footballing team.
This season we have tried to play the same easy, difference is we are way in quality to be able to play the style we want to. Seri is on a different level to the rest of the midfield and you can see it when you watch him live some of his quick flicks and round the corner passes, granted some don't come off but some of that is don't to the guys in the team not thinking as one like we did last season.
Is he small, yes. Is he slow, not when I have seen him.

It is fae to early to write the guy off, he has the quality like many of the other members of the squad but it seems they are either not on the same wave length or not sticking to the plan and that opens up a whole different can of worms
I doubt if slav bought him in!

JoelH5

He's a good player but much the same when we went down last time, he's a player who you don't want in a relegation fight. We looked a lot better with him on the bench. Same team and setup for Southampton hopefully
I was there, standing in the Putney end