watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri...

Started by AnOldBrownie, October 20, 2018, 06:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Seri will be what Drinkwater was to Leicester, the playmaker in chief as he's got the best passing range of anyone in the team

Spirit of 2000

Seri won't close down relentlessly and tackle - don't see hardly any similarity between him & Drinkwater tbh.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 15, 2018, 12:03:02 PM
Seri won't close down relentlessly and tackle - don't see hardly any similarity between him & Drinkwater tbh.

You do realise it was Kante doing the majority of the work in that respect don't you? You just don't like Seri as you've made abundantly clear in the majority of your posts so I don't expect you to see any positives in what he does

Spirit of 2000

Seri neither has the workrate or ability to tackle. His main attribute from France is his passing stats. Yes he's a good player - in a good side that sees plenty ofthe ball. I didn't say Seri was a bad player, he may though have a bad attitude, but his the wrong type of player for us right now and I can almost guarantee you that he won't fit with how Ranieri wants to play - a manager who has publically said numerous times that he doesn't play possession football.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Smooth talking and a good package sold Seri a Ford Fiesta when he thought he was getting a Rolls Royce.
He clearly mentioned his move as being a 'step on the ladder' and he thought he was moving into the Premiership shop window for either a short or long time. The Khans also see him as a profit waiting to be made as regardless of his form with us he will be in demand when the time comes.

All that having been said let us hope that the new boss gives him a necessary kick up the backside to play with some commitment for the club that pays his wages.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 15, 2018, 09:29:01 AM
Quote from: Baszab on November 15, 2018, 09:24:13 AM
Give johansen a chance - he may not be too PL quality but he will give everything and chase and press

High energy & box to box, likes a tackle. I think Stef Jo will be one that benefits from Ranieri coming in and will start to feature.

Yeah he could be useful. Not sure he's a starter but def someone to bring off the bench.

Andy S

If you watch last weeks game against Liverpool their second goal was down to another midfielder who hasn't covered himself in roses so leave the knocking of current players for a while and you might see some improvement

alfie

I do wonder if Slav making the point that the incoming players were not his, made him feel not valued.

Just a thought in my head.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

AnOldBrownie

Someone explain to me ANYTHING that Seri has done that benefited the team when he didn't have the ball at his feet.

I'll wait.

ok...maybe Claudio will bring something out of Seri Slav wasn't able to.

The comments about on the ball passing are great and all, but that can be done by Cairney.   It's not going to be done by both of them when neither is great at off the ball stuff and Seri is worse of the two.

And yes...I DON'T like Seri.    He's one of the defensive deficiencies that led to a good coach being sacked.    You want to know who SHOULD have gone?   It wasn't Slav.

HV71

Quote from: alfie on November 15, 2018, 10:36:21 PM
I do wonder if Slav making the point that the incoming players were not his, made him feel not valued.

Well it would me Alfie - especially if I was the only one with a real football pedigree. Must feel quite surreal. If a surgeon was about to make the first incision and a porter came into the Theatre and said ' don't do that do this' that would be regarded as bizarre and undermining as well as perhaps a little stupid. That is not to say that any coach / manager should have total power  - but far better that they have the football input and someone else counterbalances it with a financial / deal input

The Rock

It gives him and out, and it should. I don't think he felt not wanted though.

Interesting to see the large minority here that question Khan Jr. and recruitment. It went Pete tong for a reason and SJ was and has been a pretty successful manager.

Deep down, we just might have needed to mix it up. Seri might come good, and that might go for anyone.

Moltobueno

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 15, 2018, 10:40:29 PM
Someone explain to me ANYTHING that Seri has done that benefited the team when he didn't have the ball at his feet.

I'll wait.

ok...maybe Claudio will bring something out of Seri Slav wasn't able to.

The comments about on the ball passing are great and all, but that can be done by Cairney.   It's not going to be done by both of them when neither is great at off the ball stuff and Seri is worse of the two.

And yes...I DON'T like Seri.    He's one of the defensive deficiencies that led to a good coach being sacked.    You want to know who SHOULD have gone?   It wasn't Slav.

So now it's Seri's fault we have a new manager?  063.gif

davew

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 15, 2018, 06:57:13 AM
The 3 of them cost £50m from what I remember at the time. Anguissa 27m. Seri 20m and MLM 3m.
Whatever the price for each of these players was, it was £50m ill spent!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

It is Khans fault all was Rosie last season when Hilda used Yorkshire T/Bags,they told her the cost was mounting up and she would have to cut down and use Sainsbury's cheap own brand...Its been downhill ever since.☕☕☕

Bassey the warrior

Everyone starts with a blank slate now. Let's give them some games to make amends.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 16, 2018, 07:47:26 AM
Everyone starts with a blank slate now. Let's give them some games to make amends.
Agree. I think if people were willing to give Slav more time then they should be willing to give the players more time.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 16, 2018, 07:47:26 AM

Agreed. 082.gif

bigalffc

Quote from: Statto on November 11, 2018, 08:28:30 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 11, 2018, 04:08:55 PM
Remember..this is a 27 million pound signee     

Until you can put the fee to one side, you can't have a rational debate about it.

I think 90% of fans would admit that he's not currently playing like a £30m player. I'd admit that, and that he needs a spell on the bench.

However I'm sure 90% of those who watched him earlier in the season would maintain that if he's up for it, he's a quality player who'd walk into the first XI at 12-15 premier league clubs.

Clearly he's lacking enthusiasm at the moment, but that's what happens when you go from being one of the most sought after players in Europe to losing on a cold afternoon in Cardiff, in the space of a few months.

He's still one of the top 5 players we've had in the last 40 years IMO, even if it was for just a few games before he lost his mojo. So some of the comments on this thread seem a bit ridiculous.
This quote is the ridiculous one. Seri would not make the bench in any PL side at the moment
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Statto

Quote from: bigalffc on November 18, 2018, 01:05:15 AM
Quote from: Statto on November 11, 2018, 08:28:30 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 11, 2018, 04:08:55 PM
Remember..this is a 27 million pound signee     

Until you can put the fee to one side, you can't have a rational debate about it.

I think 90% of fans would admit that he's not currently playing like a £30m player. I'd admit that, and that he needs a spell on the bench.

However I'm sure 90% of those who watched him earlier in the season would maintain that if he's up for it, he's a quality player who'd walk into the first XI at 12-15 premier league clubs.

Clearly he's lacking enthusiasm at the moment, but that's what happens when you go from being one of the most sought after players in Europe to losing on a cold afternoon in Cardiff, in the space of a few months.

He's still one of the top 5 players we've had in the last 40 years IMO, even if it was for just a few games before he lost his mojo. So some of the comments on this thread seem a bit ridiculous.
This quote is the ridiculous one. Seri would not make the bench in any PL side at the moment
blimey. let it go man, let it go
i know i touched a nerve with you the other day
but surely even you don't believe the sentence you've just typed
why humiliate yourself further by repeating this?
we all make throwaway comments without thinking from time to time, or use hyperbole we know isn't true
repeating it, and harassing me, will just compound your neuroses

toshes mate

Quote from: HV71 on November 15, 2018, 10:49:59 PM

Well it would me Alfie - especially if I was the only one with a real football pedigree. Must feel quite surreal. If a surgeon was about to make the first incision and a porter came into the Theatre and said ' don't do that do this' that would be regarded as bizarre and undermining as well as perhaps a little stupid. That is not to say that any coach / manager should have total power  - but far better that they have the football input and someone else counterbalances it with a financial / deal input
++++ many times over.

Jokanovic held the poisoned chalice from the start and knew it would eventually kill him.