watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If he plays Bettinelli one more time

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, October 20, 2018, 06:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

I will drive down to Motspur Park and hand Slav his P45 myself.

Proved a point, moaned, spat his dummy out that he wasn't being played, has come in, been given time, and has been just as bad, if not worse than the others.

I'm sorry, but you've got Rico sitting there, who practically won the Europa League in 2014-15, yet he persists on playing Bettinelli, who is Championship standard, if that.

@jolslover

Very real. Saw a Cardiff fan tweet this. Invalid Tweet ID
STH H3

Jimsbeerbelly

The only reason why fans want Bettinelli in goal, is because he's home grown, and are blinkered by the fact, that he's a bang average keeper.

I've got nothing against the lad, thought we'd see a change after Arsenal, but he gets thrown in again today, and adds to the calamity stability of that back 4.

I've seen enough, sorry.

Deeping_white

When people see replays of the first and third goal, and the third goal in particular, I'm not sure how even his biggest fans can defend him anymore. Remember back to Palace's opening goal which Fabri conceded, which was an absolute bullet in the top corner, and he got a right kicking on here for not saving it when Betts apparently would've, well I raise you cardiff's third goal today as an example of Betts perhaps not being as good as some on here think he is

Mince n Tatties

Went down in slow motion for the 3rd goal.
Terrible goalkeeping.

mcbride5912

I believed Betts should be given the chance to be our starting keeper and was glad when he eventually got that chance. Unfortunately he hasnt made performed well enough to maintain it and i think its time to try someone else.

P.S Betts shanking that back pass out for a corner in the first half was something special

..FOF..

Betts is just there until Rico have learned some English.

....which I think he should already picked up a few simple or important one by now.

Mince n Tatties

His performance last couple of games has been far worse than Fabri's debut,yet that lad was slated for his..

hovewhite

Supporter of Betts,but time for Rico has come,Betts back to L plates.

Fulham1959

I've only seen the highlights but I don't think he was at fault for any of the goals.

The first one was hit into the ground (or took a deflection off the defender - I'm not certain) and wasn't as easy to save as it appears to many.  The slow-motion goal was just one of those things.  So easy to criticise a goalkeeper - we rarely see it from their angle which is (quite obviously) at ground level and often obscured.

Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if he was rested.  Sometimes a change is needed just to shake things up.

Football fans are so predictable :  now Jokanovic is useless, Ream is useless, Bettinelli is useless, etc.   Wembley and promotion was clearly a fluke.

Deeping_white

He's to our defence what Button was last year, they're probably shitting themselves every time the ball goes near him as his distribution is sub championship standard and he's stopped making what should be routine saves

Nero

Poor lads probably suffering from shell shock playing behind that defense, perhaps Fabri wasnt that bad its just the defence is so shocking the keepers have no chance when the forwards have the whole of the goal to aim at

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 21, 2018, 10:11:17 AM
I've only seen the highlights but I don't think he was at fault for any of the goals.

The first one was hit into the ground (or took a deflection off the defender - I'm not certain) and wasn't as easy to save as it appears to many.  The slow-motion goal was just one of those things.  So easy to criticise a goalkeeper - we rarely see it from their angle which is (quite obviously) at ground level and often obscured.

Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if he was rested.  Sometimes a change is needed just to shake things up.

Football fans are so predictable :  now Jokanovic is useless, Ream is useless, Bettinelli is useless, etc.   Wembley and promotion was clearly a fluke.

Open your eyes to the reality.

Bettinelli has been at fault for a minimum of 2 goals in 2 games.

Ream has been incredibly poor this season.

Jokanovic has lead a team to concede 25 goals in 9 games.

This is reality, not the fantasy world you think we're currently in. We're getting worse each week.

Statto

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 21, 2018, 10:11:17 AM

Plenty of us recognised those players' limitations even before the season started. I always had doubts about Ream and Mcdonald at this level, never thought in a million years that we'd see Odoi at CB at all this season, and I said after the Burnley game Betts' kicking is inconsistent with the allegation that he is a professional footballer.

filham

If only our defensive problems could be simply solved by a change of keeper I am sure Jocanovic would have done that by now. It is more complex and involves central defenders, full backs, midfielders as well as tactics.

JakeFFC

I think a change is needed and Betts is one of them.

Personally I feel Betts wasn't to blame for the goals that went in. He was wrong footed for their 3rd. I would like to have seen him get closer for the first but also see those type of goals go in every week.
I do however believe that he isn't that top 10 team keeper we all want him to be (and that's where we want to be so need the players for it).

The Cardiff game the defence were, once again, shocking. Ream, as much as I loved him last year has had a terrible start. At fault for their second by missing the touch/even trying to take one instead of clearing it. The 3rd him and McDonald needed to communicate. One shouts and wins that ball simple. As is, no talking Ream didn't get there, knocked it away from McD and Cardiff goal. 
We wont talk about the 4th goal, that's a slip, it happens, but still his fault sadly.

While the Keeper may not be at fault for all the goals, the defence is his responsibility. He should be shouting to get his defence to push out together. He is the eyes for Odoi for their 4th (as well as Odoi himself). Maybe a fresh voice and new eyes will change the way the defence respond. At the moment they need a LEADER. We don't have one sadly IMO.

I do think though that we still have the quality to change it around. I would Swap Betts for Fabri or Rico. Play MLM and Mawson together every day in training at CB and build that partnership and Odoi/FM RB with Sess/Bryan LB. Stick to that and don't change for the next 4/5 games.

toshes mate

Quote from: JakeFFC on October 22, 2018, 11:46:10 AM

Personally I feel Betts wasn't to blame for the goals that went in. He was wrong footed for their 3rd. I would like to have seen him get closer for the first but also see those type of goals go in every week.
I do however believe that he isn't that top 10 team keeper we all want him to be (and that's where we want to be so need the players for it).

The Cardiff game the defence were, once again, shocking. Ream, as much as I loved him last year has had a terrible start. At fault for their second by missing the touch/even trying to take one instead of clearing it. The 3rd him and McDonald needed to communicate. One shouts and wins that ball simple. As is, no talking Ream didn't get there, knocked it away from McD and Cardiff goal. 
We wont talk about the 4th goal, that's a slip, it happens, but still his fault sadly.

While the Keeper may not be at fault for all the goals, the defence is his responsibility. He should be shouting to get his defence to push out together. He is the eyes for Odoi for their 4th (as well as Odoi himself). Maybe a fresh voice and new eyes will change the way the defence respond. At the moment they need a LEADER. We don't have one sadly IMO.

I do think though that we still have the quality to change it around. I would Swap Betts for Fabri or Rico. Play MLM and Mawson together every day in training at CB and build that partnership and Odoi/FM RB with Sess/Bryan LB. Stick to that and don't change for the next 4/5 games.
For all the goals that go in the goalkeeper is the last line of defence.  Every goal against has arisen because someone in front of the goalkeeper has failed to do their job.  The better sides we have played have carved out opportunities that would have resulted in goals against better opposition but most of our goals against this season have been errors committed in the wrong places by players who really should be better than they have been.

JakeFFC

Quote from: toshes mate on October 22, 2018, 11:54:26 AM
Quote from: JakeFFC on October 22, 2018, 11:46:10 AM

For all the goals that go in the goalkeeper is the last line of defence.  Every goal against has arisen because someone in front of the goalkeeper has failed to do their job.  The better sides we have played have carved out opportunities that would have resulted in goals against better opposition but most of our goals against this season have been errors committed in the wrong places by players who really should be better than they have been.

I completely agree.
The only way to sort this out and cut out the errors we are making, gifting the opposition chances is to go to a Roy style of training where its repetitive and boring but everyone knows 100% what their role is, where they are going and what they are doing. This will mean players should be able to say in their sleep what they should be doing.
Need to get that understanding and organisation back. That will only come from a consistent team selection.

john dempsey

people singling out betts should calm down,
as far as i can see looking at our defence is like
looking into a cesspit and saying that turd is causing the stink
when in fact it is all the turds contributing to the stink.

elgreenio

I do think he's between the sticks purely because of his communication at the moment and I imagine we'll stick with him and see how Rico does in the Carabao Cup game.

I'm sceptical that Rico is becoming better and better with every game he doesn't play though.

touch my camera through the fence