watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If he plays Bettinelli one more time

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, October 20, 2018, 06:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJS

On this years form Betts has been atrocious why Southgate called him up to the England squad and Slav continues to play him is beyond belief!!

The time to get him off the pitch is now

bahay18

He is facing 20 odd shots a game , normally from close range.  Doesn't matter who is in goal when being bombarded like that . But certainly didn't cover himself in glory at the weekend.

nose returns

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 21, 2018, 10:11:17 AM
I've only seen the highlights but I don't think he was at fault for any of the goals.

The first one was hit into the ground (or took a deflection off the defender - I'm not certain) and wasn't as easy to save as it appears to many.  The slow-motion goal was just one of those things.  So easy to criticise a goalkeeper - we rarely see it from their angle which is (quite obviously) at ground level and often obscured.

Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if he was rested.  Sometimes a change is needed just to shake things up.

Football fans are so predictable :  now Jokanovic is useless, Ream is useless, Bettinelli is useless, etc.   Wembley and promotion was clearly a fluke.

i do not like the herd like abuse of betts. however he could have done much better for the third. but i feel for him because he really does need the team to defend consistently, every week we find new ways to mess up in front of him. he is surely not to blame for the number of goals we are letting in and I have seen many dreadful keepers at fulham over the years, and he is not amongst them.

just coming back to fabri, now his performances to date were pathetic. if he gets another chance and and manages to get on the end of any crosses at all that at least will be an improvement. if he times hios charges out of the penalty area to when necessary rather than thinking he is an auxilliary sweeper, that too will be a step forward. fabri is an ok shot stopper from what isaw, but they all are at this level, it is absolutely everything else he did that fills me with fear.

rico, we have not seen enough to know.

@jolslover

Quote from: nose on October 22, 2018, 01:23:11 PM
I've only seen the highlights but I don't think he was at fault for any of the goals.

The first one was hit into the ground (or took a deflection off the defender - I'm not certain) and wasn't as easy to save as it appears to many.  The slow-motion goal was just one of those things.  So easy to criticise a goalkeeper - we rarely see it from their angle which is (quite obviously) at ground level and often obscured.

Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if he was rested.  Sometimes a change is needed just to shake things up.

Football fans are so predictable :  now Jokanovic is useless, Ream is useless, Bettinelli is useless, etc.   Wembley and promotion was clearly a fluke.

i do not like the herd like abuse of betts. however he could have done much better for the third. but i feel for him because he really does need the team to defend consistently, every week we find new ways to mess up in front of him. he is surely not to blame for the number of goals we are letting in and I have seen many dreadful keepers at fulham over the years, and he is not amongst them.

just coming back to fabri, now his performances to date were pathetic. if he gets another chance and and manages to get on the end of any crosses at all that at least will be an improvement. if he times hios charges out of the penalty area to when necessary rather than thinking he is an auxilliary sweeper, that too will be a step forward. fabri is an ok shot stopper from what isaw, but they all are at this level, it is absolutely everything else he did that fills me with fear.

I don't care about the 3rd, it was the misplaced passes and shanked clearances throughout the game. One of his clearances went out for a corner. This is the area Rico and Fabri are huge upgrades on Betts. Shot stopping I think all 3 are fairly even.
STH H3

FFC1987

I'll say this. I was critical of Fabri and thought it was wrong to drop him when they did but Bett's came in and stepped up. I do think now, he deserves to be dropping and allow Rico a chance. I agree with a previous poster that he's likely still in the team due to his communication positives over other keepers. He's played well enough to warrant a call up so people claiming he's been appalling every game are just incorrect.

Woolly Mammoth

To a certain extent, a Goalkeeper, any Goalkeeper is only as good as the defence in front of him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 22, 2018, 02:35:49 PM
To a certain extent, a Goalkeeper, any Goalkeeper is only as good as the defence in front of him.

Depends how you evaluate a performance. His distribution has been appalling recently and thats not his defences fault.

hovewhite

The more important question is,has he got command and direction of the 18 yard box at the moment I don't think he has and think he needs time out to recover

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 22, 2018, 02:38:09 PM

Depends how you evaluate a performance. His distribution has been appalling recently and thats not his defences fault.

You may say that, but we do not know what communication if any there are between keeper and his defenders. None of any of our defenders appear vocal enough.
Are defenders going wide to split the opponents forwards, are they calling for the ball.
I played in goal for a very long time, for good teams and for bad teams, I enjoyed being busy. But from a keepers point of veiw poor defending and defenders can give any keeper the jitters, especially when the communications are few and far between, suddenly the uncertainty can spread to the keeper, and then everyone starts lacking confidence in each other and themselves.
But it's for the manager to sort this out, don't blame Betts for being selected, and it does not help anyone's performance when the manager is chopping and changing every week, and the Keeper let alone the players do not know who they are playing with in the next game.
No wonder there are times they look as though they are playing with strangers.
Jok has to get his act together ASAP, because there is glorious defeat, and then there is the kind of defeat last Saturday which is unacceptable in anyone's eyes. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 22, 2018, 03:16:34 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 22, 2018, 02:38:09 PM

You may say that, but we do not know what communication if any there are between keeper and his defenders. None of any of our defenders appear vocal enough.
Are defenders going wide to split the opponents forwards, are they calling for the ball.
I played in goal for a very long time, for good teams and for bad teams, I enjoyed being busy. But from a keepers point of veiw poor defending and defenders can give any keeper the jitters, especially when the communications are few and far between, suddenly the uncertainty can spread to the keeper, and then everyone starts lacking confidence in each other and themselves.
But it's for the manager to sort this out, don't blame Betts for being selected, and it does not help anyone's performance when the manager is chopping and changing every week, and the Keeper let alone the players do not know who they are playing with in the next game.
No wonder there are times they look as though they are playing with strangers.
Jok has to get his act together ASAP, because there is glorious defeat, and then there is the kind of defeat last Saturday which is unacceptable in anyone's eyes.

I still at this level, you should be able to kick a ball to the same shirt more often than not. His slice will be highlighted as well. he didn't have a good game. He put his hands up and admitted it. I like him but I'd likely sit him out if Rico is doing well in training.

WindyCity

[/quote]

To be fair, SJ is accountable, some of his lineups and in-game decisions, and the teams' dreadful 2nd half showings fall on his shoulders to a certain degree.  And Ream has been useless so far, whether not fully fit or capable at PL speed, he lacks.  And the goal keeping, and acknowledging some very poor back four defensive play, has not been very good at all.  This is the Prem, changes and or improvement must be seen soon, or it's back to the Championship in short order. 

Twig

Agree with all of that nose.

nose returns

Quote from: Twig on October 22, 2018, 06:41:48 PM

Agree with all of that nose.

Thank you. One other thing that needs so be said... whatever goalkeeper we play, if the back line changes every week there is no chance any of them will ever gel. SJ really has been poor this season in that respect and that is despite injuries he has simply made to many changes and no matter what, that will happen again this saturday!

I think SJ is panicing, that is what it looks like to me, and he needs to go back to basics and pick what he believes is our best team and formation and run with it for a few weeks. Kmac and johansen do look out of their depth and their names on the team sheet are a concern for me. I really do not understand the ochestrated attacks on betts are, he has recieved a  number of MoM performances and southgate has called on him. I think the whole team looks a bit shell shocked and it ios the manager's responsibility to sort it out.... and whilsty I thought £100M spending was good, the lack of top class full backs and a proper strikr to partner or understudy mitro was an error... Despite 4 goals I am not impressed with schurlle, he does far too much stuff that seems self centred rather than team based, mitro runs himself into the ground for the team. And finally we so miss TC, his biyt of quality is a real miss.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 21, 2018, 10:43:48 AM

Open your eyes to the reality.

Bettinelli has been at fault for a minimum of 2 goals in 2 games.

Ream has been incredibly poor this season.

Jokanovic has lead a team to concede 25 goals in 9 games.

This is reality, not the fantasy world you think we're currently in. We're getting worse each week.

You are a wum Facts.

Ream is coming back from a back injury and has only played 234mins in 3 games. One against Everton and one against arsenal the top form  team in the land.

Give it a rest pls.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Enfield

perhaps his family were being held hostage?

MikeW

Skattszofc:  We have let 12 goals in the past 3 games.  Ream has been culpable for at least half of them.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

AnOldBrownie

Correct.   David De Gea has great reflexes, is good with both his hands and feet.    One of the top 4 keepers in the world.

West Ham put 3 goals past him.

BUT, I've seen David get beat for goals.  Goals that ANY keeper would have been beaten by.

I've seen Bett's uselessly concede goals that a better keeper would have defended.   

You're right that the defense needs to help him way more than they have though.

Andyb

Betts normally posts a picture on instagram day before to suggest he's playing. No picture yet..... RICO TIME!!

FFCSteve

WTF!
Are either of the other two keepers better than Betts?
I recall many wanting Betts back at the start of the season!
People amaze me stating the bleeding obvious! The whole team are only as good as the rest of the team!
Defensively we have been awful, but it's not just there! Midfield has been terrible as well!
The keeper needs protection from his defenders, as defence needs the midfield to take pressure off of them!
A lot of you sound like it's all the keepers fault!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Twig

Quote from: Andyb on October 26, 2018, 06:28:47 PM
Betts normally posts a picture on instagram day before to suggest he's playing. No picture yet..... RICO TIME!!

That's a shame.