Main Menu

“I’m ready to return” – Fulham summer signing wants to leave

Started by Friendsoffulham, October 21, 2018, 12:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Quote from: Statto on October 21, 2018, 11:05:01 PM
Quote from: Milo on October 21, 2018, 08:35:54 PM
Quote from: SuperFulham323 on October 21, 2018, 08:12:02 PM
Shame because he's a good keeper. Also, it's not as if Betts has shown anything better than him this season

Betts has been far more commanding of his area than Fabri. He had one poor game this weekend..

Whilst his general shot-stopping might be half decent, Surely it's universally accepted on here that Betts' command of his area (along with his kicking) is terrible

Kicking - I believe you're right. General consensus was that he was a slight upgrade on Betts. Indeed likely he would improve further with more game time.

Command of the area depends on how you quantify it. For me it means how well you communicate to your defence and how good you are coming off your line to catch crosses, claim through balls etc. Fabri has struggled with English since arriving while Betts has always been very vocal. I saw the Celta game and posted after that I was worried about Fabri's decision making coming off his line for their fourth or fifth goal from a free kick. It proved to be a good spot as he did a similar thing against Palace to concede their second a week later.

His defence will be less confident in him as a result and that will mean uncertainty around the penalty area.

Statto

Quote from: Milo on October 22, 2018, 08:23:50 AM
Shame because he's a good keeper. Also, it's not as if Betts has shown anything better than him this season

Betts has been far more commanding of his area than Fabri. He had one poor game this weekend..

Whilst his general shot-stopping might be half decent, Surely it's universally accepted on here that Betts' command of his area (along with his kicking) is terrible

Kicking - I believe you're right. General consensus was that he was a slight upgrade on Betts. Indeed likely he would improve further with more game time.

Command of the area depends on how you quantify it. For me it means how well you communicate to your defence and how good you are coming off your line to catch crosses, claim through balls etc. Fabri has struggled with English since arriving while Betts has always been very vocal. I saw the Celta game and posted after that I was worried about Fabri's decision making coming off his line for their fourth or fifth goal from a free kick. It proved to be a good spot as he did a similar thing against Palace to concede their second a week later.

His defence will be less confident in him as a result and that will mean uncertainty around the penalty area.

OK I agree for vocal communication Betts is good

It's his catching and coming for crosses I think is poor

I suppose command of area is a combination of the two

Milo

Quote from: Statto on October 22, 2018, 08:42:03 AM
Quote from: Milo on October 22, 2018, 08:23:50 AM

OK I agree for vocal communication Betts is good

It's his catching and coming for crosses I think is poor

I suppose command of area is a combination of the two

I think this is where "he's one of our own" and the idea he's on the brink of the England set-up etc comes in. Just pushing him in front of Fabri in the pecking order?

toshes mate

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 21, 2018, 12:18:54 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on October 21, 2018, 12:15:19 PM
Well he was certainly a mistake. He never looked comfortable but then who would behind our defence? At least he was given a chance. Well a few games anyway.

The mistake has been letting Bettinelli play over him during Rico's embedding in time.
"The mistake"?  Really, when he is now reported as wanting a return ticket to Turkey?  Or was that an early indication that coaches has identified a player who was unlikely to work hard enough at settling in at a new club?   Some transfers work and some don't, but it is better for all concerned not to have people who do not want to at least try to fit into their new environment or who have tried and failed to do so.

Andy S

I think a few of our players are not too happy playing the ball out from the back every time. A goal keeper likes a good punt up pitch as 1 it relieves stress and 2 relaxes concentration for a while. Football should be a mixture of everything

EJL

The fact that he was given three (?) games in English football before Bettinelli came in is absolutely LAUGHABLE. Better keepers have taken longer to adjust, and he came in with plenty of pedigree and should've been given time on the pitch.

Twig

Quote from: EJL on October 22, 2018, 03:06:08 PM
The fact that he was given three (?) games in English football before Bettinelli came in is absolutely LAUGHABLE. Better keepers have taken longer to adjust, and he came in with plenty of pedigree and should've been given time on the pitch.

Some of his rushes off his line were also laughable.