more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lineup for Bournemouth

Started by bornafulhamfan, October 21, 2018, 02:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on October 21, 2018, 09:35:13 PM
After 6 hours deliberating (or drinking) I cannot come up with a winning team selection, my best suggestion is to pick a team that will not concede 3 or more goals, that way we might achieve a draw!

Play all 3 keepers and hold on for  0-0,or even better just board the goal up.

MrFFC

Changes are needed

Rico
Fosu-Mensah Mawson Le Marchand Bryan
                       Anguissa
                     Cairney Seri
   Sessegnon                           Schurrle
                         Mitrovic

Subs - Bettinelli , Ream , Odoi , McDonald , Johansen , Vietto , Kamara

I love Ream but he is really struggling since his injury. Odoi has been part of a defence that ships goals every game.

Rico certainly deserves a chance. I haven't been impressed with Mawson but surely with regular starts he will improve. I like Le Marchand at cb we should try build that partnership.

We have really missed Fosu-Mensah, Bryan & Cairney for me & if we are to have a chance of getting a result Saturday we need all of them 3 fit & available

Come on you Whites!! :)

DevonFFC

Quote from: MrFFC on October 22, 2018, 07:54:51 AM
Changes are needed

Rico
                       Anguissa
                     Cairney Seri
                         Mitrovic

I love Ream but he is really struggling since his injury. Odoi has been part of a defence that ships goals every game.

Rico certainly deserves a chance. I haven't been impressed with Mawson but surely with regular starts he will improve. I like Le Marchand at cb we should try build that partnership.

We have really missed Fosu-Mensah, Bryan & Cairney for me & if we are to have a chance of getting a result Saturday we need all of them 3 fit & available

This would be my line up, on paper the strongest players in each of their positions.

This line up should unless forced play the next three games to give some consistency and time to gel and stop with the chopping and changing

Milo

Interesting that Mawson's last game was a shambles against Watford but he starts in almost all our formations.

I suppose the only way is up now.. so no harm in bringing in players and trying to get them in form.

hovewhite

Quote from: DevonFFC on October 22, 2018, 08:00:16 AM
Quote from: MrFFC on October 22, 2018, 07:54:51 AM
Changes are needed

Rico
                       Anguissa
                     Cairney Seri
                         Mitrovic

This would be my line up, on paper the strongest players in each of their positions.

This line up should unless forced play the next three games to give some consistency and time to gel and stop with the chopping and changing
I would pick that team Mawson would be replaced by Odoi who is the only defender that has turned up this season that would be my side.

Madman Maddle

Rico
Odoi - Ream - Marchand
Surele - Anguissa - Seri - Cairney - Sess
AK47 - Mitro

Rico can't do any worse and has to get a chance at this point. Odoi and Ream have been our best performers. Marchand has made some mistakes early on but looks more composed than Chambers and Mawson. Cairney next to Sess should be a good connection given their blind understanding. Anguissa protecting for Surele who is always a threat to score. Two strikers for quicker transition. Kamara running on Mitro's rebounds. Can't stay married to our style from last year when it doesn't work anymore.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on October 21, 2018, 02:21:54 PM
If all are fit, I would go with this:

Rico
Fosu-Mensah Odoi MLM Sess
Seri Zambo Cairney
Schuerrle Mitro Vietto

Subs:Betts, Mawson, Bryan, Kmac, StefJo, Ayite, Kamara

Seri needs dropping - his attitude and lack of anything in recent weeks are not acceptable.
Rico
Fosu-Mensah, Mawson, Ream, Bryan
Anguissa, Cairney, Sessegnon (R) - yes in midfield, he can tackle and pass a ball.
Vietto, Mitro, Schurrle
Subs Betts, Odoi, Le Marchand, Seri, Stef Jo, KMac, AK47

Matt10

I am not sure where we're at with the injuries, so I'll assume Fosu-Mensah and Bryan are still out. Going to try something a bit different and utilize a 4-4-1-1. Think Schurrle has that capability to pick up spots in the middle, and can connect with Mitro in more advanced positions. We know he can shoot wherever he would like to as well. He's got enough stamina to drop back into a 4-5-1 defensively as well. Only question is the CM positions where I am not sure about Seri, but he needs to be paired up with a box-to-box player. I keep going back and forth between Johansen and Anguissa. I know many don't like Johansen, but he does create chances, and does get back in the box defensively. On the other hand, Anguissa is strong, but I just don't trust him on the ball. In every match he has played, he has lost the ball that created a direct chance for the opposition. However, we need size in a very small midfield, so I'm giving him the nod. Also going to switch him up with Seri so when Seri comes back defensively he can use the inside of his right foot to make tackles and not the outside of his foot or weaker left. I think Betts can keep his spot for another match, but needs to sharpen up quite a bit. Ream has been playing a bit more scared, and some of the things he pulled off last year, aren't happening this year.

Betts
      Christie    Mawson   Ream   LeMarchand

Vietto    Seri   Anguissa   Sess

Schurrle
                    Mitro

Subs: Kamara, Johansen, McDonald, Cairney, Fabri, Chambers, Odoi

bahay18

Mawson was clearly signed as first choice CB. He has proved he can play at this level and needs games . Got to have a run even if he is struggling . Joka has tried every other player in defence and all been equally as bad . I would go with Mawson and Ream in the middle. Bryan was signed as a left back , got to him a chance if fit . No more square pegs in round holes. Schurlle has scored some great goals but is he providing any cover going the other way ? the central midfield 3 seem to be having to cover an awful lot of ground . I thought ayite did well when he came on against watford . Betts is struggling but lets face it , he is facing upwards of 20 shots a game , he can't stop them all . He has also been man of the match in several games despite the amount we have let in  .

vietto and schurrle are probably better attackers but they need to cover the wide areas as well  . At the moment it reminds me of when Symons was trying to play Hugo up front with McCormack and Dembele in the wide areas . We scored loads but the poor full backs got hammered , same is happening here .

Betts , mensah,mawson,ream,bryan      seri,cairney, anguissa , sess , mitro , ayite

SuffolkWhite

No idea what players should be in the team if honest but its the tactics I want to change, 442 and the RB and LB are just that not wing backs. It may not be as attacking but at least it would give stability at the back. Also the whole team need to defend as a whole.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Camel Club

Great to see so many suggested formations that are not 4-3-3. I just hope SJ is thinking along the same lines. Surely he must realise that creating a more solid, cohesive unit using the players at his disposal doesn't have to compromise his attacking instincts/beliefs? It might just mean that against the teams around us we might just win a few games 3-1 (or even 2-0!) rather than be involved in 6 goal thrillers every week which could go either way.

bahay18

i think it needs to be 4-3-3 when we attack but 4-5-1 when we defend .

Woolly Mammoth

After 6 hours deliberating (or drinking) I cannot come up with a winning team selection, my best suggestion is to pick a team that will not concede 3 or more goals, that way we might achieve a draw!

You may have hit on an exclusive unique way of picking a team.
Perhaps you could advise Jok to select his team by deliberating during and after 6 hours of drinking.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The old mucker

I think  we have to have mlm and mawson as cb  and Bryan and Foss and actually stick with this back four regardless of Saturday's result

Riverside

Whatever the team can we make sure that we are the 12th man
Let's be behind the 11 that are playing for us
And not get on their backs

Tipping point when home advantage transforms into home disadvantage

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a6adc498-d566-11e8-926d-96790161a92a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKLondon

3-5-1-1
Rico
Odoi-Mawson-MLM
TFM-Seri-TC-Zambo-Sess
Schurrle
Mitro

Sort the defensive need first:
Wing-backs who understand defending.
Wide CBs who can cover as fullbacks.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 22, 2018, 05:45:46 AM

Play all 3 keepers and hold on for  0-0,or even better just board the goal up.

I have looked up the FA Rules of the game, and it appears you cannot play three keepers at the same time in goal, plus the referee might also notice if he happens to be looking in that direction.
So I cannot see that working.
Also boarding up the goal or attempting to board up the goal is apparently illegal, therefore that alone could cause Fulham FC be charged for bringing the game into disrepute.
What I did learn when I was reading the Rules of the game.
Apparently nobody is allowed to bring a Flamethrower on the pitch whilst a match is in force.
I never knew that, you learn something new every day.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

personally i would just forfeit every game until the window opens and we can buy some decent defenders. our goal difference would be a lot better off if we took the statutory 3 0  loss in every game
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Robbie

I think we should play 1-5-4-3 and hope they don't notice!
😉😉👏👏👏👏

Fulham1959

Macedo
Cohen - Langley
Mullery - Dodgin - Lowe
Leggat - O'Connell - Cook - Haynes - Key