Tomo

GK: Rico

RWB: Odoi
CB: Ream
CB: Mawson
LWB: Le Marchand (Bryan if fit)

CDM: McDonald
CM: Seri
CM: Cairney (Johansen if Cairney unavailable)

RW: Schurrle
CF: Mitrovic
LW: Sessengon

Bettinelli has to go, he could have at least saved a couple of those opportunities that were missed, there was always questions over his shot-stopping abilities vs Button but people overlooked this because his distribution was far superior. Let's give Rico an opportunity he was 1st choice in one of the best teams in Spain for a reason.

My reason for this back 4 in particular is that it's very defensive Le Marchand and Odoi do not offer much going forward and we need to solidify the defence. Quite often with Christie in the RWB position he'd be caught out way past the half way line. If Joe Bryan is fit I'd slot him in for MLM and drop Mawson and move MLM across.

In terms of the midfield trio, I feel that Anguissa despite his physical attributes just does not fit our passing game. McDonald I feel offers a bit more in terms a 'cool head' Anguissa is rash and makes questionable decisions with time and confidence this will improve however as this is such a pivotal game I don't feel we should drop K Mac. Seri is also very important we looked terrible after he was taken off. Cairney.. if rumours are to be believed then he is apparently going to be fit, it's no surprise to me to see that since he has been injured our performances have been diabolical - this man makes us tick even a 50% fit Cairney would improve the side.

I think Sess deserves the nod over Vietto for his goal and performance vs Cardiff, he's also better at tracking back than Vietto however Schurrle needs to chip in but we cannot drop him as he is one of our biggest goal threats going forward.

If you offered me a point now, I'd take it. If you offered me a clean sheet I'd rip your hand off.

COYW's.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Moltobueno

Rico

Christie/FM   Odoi    Mawson    Bryan

Cairney     Anguissa    Seri

Schurrle    Mitrovic     Sessegnon

Subs: Bettinelli, MLM, McDonald, Johansen, Ayite, AK47, Vietto

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: @jolslover on October 21, 2018, 07:12:46 PM
Don't understand why people want Ayite over Vietto?
I rate Vietto so highly honestly think he's a great asset. Ayite on the other hand is a championship player.
Anyone with this opinion want to give me there reasoninig
I do acknowledge Ayite may help the fullback out more, from a defensive point of view but I think going forward there is no contest as to the better player.

On board with you. I've not been to away games but at home I think he's been our most consistent player, 4 assists (most in the league?) Should be one of the first names on the sheet. A rare shinning light.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

alfie

Quote from: Riverside on October 22, 2018, 05:04:05 PM
Whatever the team can we make sure that we are the 12th man
Let's be behind the 11 that are playing for us
And not get on their backs

Tipping point when home advantage transforms into home disadvantage

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a6adc498-d566-11e8-926d-96790161a92a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0001.jpeg
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Kent Cassandra

Alfie I read the article in the Times and I agree that home fans can make a positive difference.
It is also true sometimes the reverse is true and the tipping point can often be quite sudden.
Standing in the stand at Cardiff I was shocked with the mass exodus of our fans when the fourth goal went in
and wonder what that has done for the players confidence.  We beat Burnley 4-2 at the cottage earlier and I
didn't notice any exodus only more support.

Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

WhiteJC

my team against Bournemouth

Rico

Fosu-Mensa          Ream        Mawson       Bryan

Cairney        Anguissa       Seri

Schurrle       Mitro        Sessegnon

Subs: Betts, MLM, KMac, Odoi, Christie, AK47, Vietto

the back 4 is all dependant on who is fit.
Rico needs to be given his chance, Betts I'm sure will eventually regain his first place however, stating the bleedin' obvious, we need to stop shipping goals and whilst I don't think Betts was responsible for any(?) we need to try something/someone different.

richnj

Yes, the defense is a bit of a shambles.. but look at the stats last game; 22 shots from Cardiff, only 9 from us..  5 on target for Cardiff, 4 on target for us.

40% possession from Cardiff. 22 shots.  The problem is the defensive mid, just as much or more so than the defense.  There is no excuse for allowing 22 shots off, and the only way you get 22 shots is because you can't keep them away from your final 3rd.

As for lineups - look at our best performers first.  Odoi and MLM were the best in defense.  Ream had a slip that led to one goal on a counter - don't fault him for that as he got back and blocked a shot, and then 6 other Whites in the box did stop an easy goal. Alfi was better than Chambers in his half he played.

KMac is just not playing up to snuff. Seri doesn't seem to be engaged, mainly because he doesn't have a partner to work with.  Johansen.. sorry, he just seems to run after the play.

Vietto only played 8 minutes before average activity was one of the best on the pitch. 

Schurlle, Sess, Mitro - they need to stay where they are.

I'd be torn on throwing Rico in there out of nowhere.  And after the Fabri leak about him thinking he made a mistake - it'd seem like he was being rewarded or catered to.

So,
Alfi, Odoi, Ream, MLM
Cairney - Zambo (or Aiyte)
Shurlle- Seri - Sess
Mitro

But that Cairney-Zambo/Aiyte pair needs to sit defensively and distribute.. not chase the ball, and run around all over the place like our midfield has been doing, which leads to our defense being on their back heel.

..FOF..

In the fight for promotion towards the end of last season, we were beaten by managers who put faith in a few youngsters in the 2nd half.

So here is my choices again and with reserves this time;

Rico
Steven    Mawson    Odoi    Bryan
       Anguissa    Johanson
   Schurrle    Cairney    Ryan
                 Mitro

Subs
Luca Ashby-Hammond (brother Taye also a keeper, maybe sibling rivalry like the Sess can produce another consistent performer)
Ream
Mortiz Jenz (called the Denis Odoi of our under-23)
MLM
McDonald
Matt O'Riley (highly creative)
Harvey Elliot (to wake Mitro in case he gets bored on the field)

Spirit of 2000

GK Rico, RB (if fit) Fosu Mensah, LB Bryan (if fit), CB's Ream & Mawson. CM Cairney (if fit) & Anguissa, LM Ryan Sess, RM Christie, No.10/Attacking mid, Schurrle - CF Mitro. 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1) with Sess & Christie in the midfield wide areas who are able to track back and help defence. Schurrle playing off of Mitro. Subs Betts, Le Marchand, Odoi, KMac, Seri, Vietto, Kamara.
Chambers somewhere near Finsbury Park getting bus back to the Emirates ....

MrFFC

My team

Rico
Fosu-Mensah  Mawson  Le Marchand  Sessegnon
                      Anguissa  Seri
    Schurrle            Cairney              Kebano
                              Mitrovic

Subs - Bettinelli , Ream , Christie , McDonald , Ayite , Vietto , Kamara
Come on you Whites!! :)

filham

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 22, 2018, 09:48:51 PM
Macedo
Cohen - Langley
Mullery - Dodgin - Lowe
Leggat - O'Connell - Cook - Haynes - Key

In that line up you have or best ever player, without any doubt, and our best ever full backs, All english internationals.

filham

A good team selection should be made on the basis of good recent individual and team performances. I am afraid that there just havn't been any of these so we have to select players on there reputations and we have seen that is not working.

I am going to leave it to Jocanovic all though I am aware that doesn't work either.

Milo

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Milo on October 26, 2018, 01:32:51 PM
Quote from: milis on October 26, 2018, 01:30:22 PM

I like the look of this!
I'll be amazed if Cairney starts. And that formation invites Bournemouth just to waltz straight through us.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Milo

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 26, 2018, 01:46:10 PM
Quote from: Milo on October 26, 2018, 01:32:51 PM

I like the look of this!
I'll be amazed if Cairney starts. And that formation invites Bournemouth just to waltz straight through us.

Up to a point.. we played it against Arsenal first half and they didn't know whether to attack or defend...

Matt10

Like the concept of a 5-3-2, but no big frames in the middle of the field would be a risk. Could it be a 4-1-3-2, or 4-1-4-1 in defense? Moving Mawson forward in defense.

RogFFC

Rico

Odoi   Mawson   MLM 
TFM                                 Sess

Anguissa
        Cairney Seri Schürrle

Mitro

On paper if someone would have given us this team as a starting 11 for the season ahead at the beginning of the Summer transfer window, most of us would have bitten their hand off. There is absolutely bags of quality in that team...

We WILL come good and prove to be a rounded and quality side... it's just a case of who will be in charge when it happens. I back it to be Slav (for the next 2 games at least) and I think this extremely talented, yet very frustrating, groups of players will turn it around on Saturday. COYW!

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Matt10 on October 22, 2018, 12:41:43 PM
I am not sure where we're at with the injuries, so I'll assume Fosu-Mensah and Bryan are still out. Going to try something a bit different and utilize a 4-4-1-1. Think Schurrle has that capability to pick up spots in the middle, and can connect with Mitro in more advanced positions. We know he can shoot wherever he would like to as well. He's got enough stamina to drop back into a 4-5-1 defensively as well. Only question is the CM positions where I am not sure about Seri, but he needs to be paired up with a box-to-box player. I keep going back and forth between Johansen and Anguissa. I know many don't like Johansen, but he does create chances, and does get back in the box defensively. On the other hand, Anguissa is strong, but I just don't trust him on the ball. In every match he has played, he has lost the ball that created a direct chance for the opposition. However, we need size in a very small midfield, so I'm giving him the nod. Also going to switch him up with Seri so when Seri comes back defensively he can use the inside of his right foot to make tackles and not the outside of his foot or weaker left. I think Betts can keep his spot for another match, but needs to sharpen up quite a bit. Ream has been playing a bit more scared, and some of the things he pulled off last year, aren't happening this year.

Betts
      Christie    Mawson   Ream   LeMarchand

Vietto    Seri   Anguissa   Sess

Schurrle
                    Mitro

Subs: Kamara, Johansen, McDonald, Cairney, Fabri, Chambers, Odoi

I'd go with this but have Odoi at RB.