watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Praise for Odoi

Started by Facts Not Fiction, October 21, 2018, 07:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

Through out all our defensive nightmares, he has been easily our most solid defender.

Making him a CB seems to have rejuvenated his career, and good on him.

Such a shame that Ream seems to be struggling hugely with PL football.

Bassey the warrior

I agree with all of this. I'd add that he's had to cover for right back most games as well, as our right back is often caught out of position.

Mickeyboro

Not our most naturally talented player but undoubtedly makes the most of what he has. Simon Morgan comes to mind ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kent Cassandra

At this point I would stick to Odoi and Ream as I think the pairing has proved itself in the past and have a good chance of doing it again.
Ream has been recovering from injury and Mawson is not up to speed yet.  I think chambers who has been a defender in the premiership with a top club has been disappointing.
Bryan could be great if he stays fit. Fosu Mensah is talented but young and inexperienced and needs time and games.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

davew

Odoi not our most talented defender (on paper), but on performances whatever position he is selected to play in, certainly our most consistent! We just need 3 others to accompany him and then maybe, just maybe we can climb the table!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

I think the time has come to stick with the same defenders every week to at least give them a chanceto settle. Odoi would be the first name on my list. Now I am not sure who makes up the rest but whoever it is and however poorly they play for goodness sake keep them in for more than one game. Let us try and get some consistency instead of changing every week

Starting next week. I don't want Chambers anywhere near the side.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Chutney

Agree, I think its largely psychological also, the others all look defeated as soon as we receive a shot on target against us, Odoi never stops fighting.
C O Y W

RaySmith

Agree with the above posts - we need Odoi to play.

toshes mate

My particular liking of Odoi's playing character goes back to his earliest appearances when he never tried to overdo things or overplay his role.  He gets on with his job to the extents of his capability and never lets you down.  Those things were personnified in his Play Off Final appearance when he certainly didn't deserve to be sent off (unless referees show consistency and call every foul or simulation correctly and with the right weight).  He gets on with his job and saves his flourishes for more appropriate moments.  I wish his personality and character could be cloned and dispatched among some of his team mates because it would up their game significantly.

hovewhite

Odoi for me is the only defender to transfer his form to the premier league 1st name on the CB position,the rest of em still on holiday.

Milo

Quote from: toshes mate on October 22, 2018, 08:29:06 AM
My particular liking of Odoi's playing character goes back to his earliest appearances when he never tried to overdo things or overplay his role.  He gets on with his job to the extents of his capability and never lets you down.  Those things were personnified in his Play Off Final appearance when he certainly didn't deserve to be sent off (unless referees show consistency and call every foul or simulation correctly and with the right weight).  He gets on with his job and saves his flourishes for more appropriate moments.  I wish his personality and character could be cloned and dispatched among some of his team mates because it would up their game significantly.

Agreed! We wouldn't be where we are now with 4 Odois in defence.

Carborundum

I tend to arrive early and watch the players warming up with the football.  Based on two years of watching him, I'm fairly sure he is one of our most talented players with a football.  That flick on against Newcastle simply couldn't have been done by almost all our squad. He is very very comfortable with a football.

He's not quite the full Augbamayang however.  His warming up volley routine is jaw-dropping. 

Horsfield_No9

Agreed. Even after the Arsenal horror show he was the one who I thought proved he CAN cut it in the Prem. Keep going, Denis!
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

filham

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 21, 2018, 07:13:01 PM
I agree with all of this. I'd add that he's had to cover for right back most games as well, as our right back is often caught out of position.
Our right back is rarely seen in position.

Denver Fulham

Denis seems to be a great dude and I commend his efforts so far, but he has not been our best defender.

New Kid on the Block

I agree with all these posts. I've always rated Odoi, and have said so, several times. He's got a great leap for a little 'un. However, I do remember not so long ago, he was the 'Scapegoat of the Week', pretty regularly.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Denver Fulham on October 22, 2018, 01:16:53 PM
Denis seems to be a great dude and I commend his efforts so far, but he has not been our best defender.

How do you figure that? He's the only one who looks like he has anything about him.

bobby01

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on October 22, 2018, 02:23:23 PM

How do you figure that? He's the only one who looks like he has anything about him.

Not our best, well I have not seen anyone else match his commitment and standard.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on October 22, 2018, 02:23:23 PM

Le Marchand has been our best defender this season, even though Slav insists on playing him out of position at LB frequently. He made a bad pass in two straight games that led directly to goals, so some on here slagged him off, but metrics suggest so and so does the eye test.

Denis was a stopgap solution at CB in the second division for us. If he's now penciled in as our regular Prem starter, Slav and Tony Khan have much to answer for.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 21, 2018, 11:11:03 PM
I think the time has come to stick with the same defenders every week to at least give them a chanceto settle. Odoi would be the first name on my list. Now I am not sure who makes up the rest but whoever it is and however poorly they play for goodness sake keep them in for more than one game. Let us try and get some consistency instead of changing every week

Starting next week. I don't want Chambers anywhere near the side.
:plus one: Starting next week and ending ending in 2050.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.