watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

You should read out team suggestions for the Cardiff game

Started by St Eve, October 21, 2018, 08:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Chambers at right back - that worked. Betts undropable - that worked. Johansen in the middle because he's fast - that worked. It's clearly not easy being a coach

Kent Cassandra

How dare you criticise the criticisers, its their job to lower moral and they are doing a damn fine job.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

davew

Quote from: St Eve on October 21, 2018, 08:38:46 PM
Chambers at right back - that worked. Betts undropable - that worked. Johansen in the middle because he's fast - that worked. It's clearly not easy being a coach
Confused???? I thought the majority of people who posted on the "Team in" thread before the game were not happy about the team selection, well I was certainly 1 of them!! Hope this was posted as a sarcastic comment, otherwise like Joka I have lost the plot!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

Quote from: davew on October 21, 2018, 09:24:45 PM
Quote from: St Eve on October 21, 2018, 08:38:46 PM
Confused???? I thought the majority of people who posted on the "Team in" thread before the game were not happy about the team selection, well I was certainly 1 of them!! Hope this was posted as a sarcastic comment, otherwise like Joka I have lost the plot!!

They did. I am sure like politics fans will always find posts to defend their particular bias. But most people are aware that naming a different back four every week is a mistake and that particular defensive lineup against Cardiff a bad mistake. I hope that Joka decides to name a back 4 and stick with it however poor a particular player plays. As long as it isn't Chambers who frankly is appalling wherever he plays in every game. Give them a chance.

The Mirror are saying that Joka has the next two league games to stop the rot. That is hardly exclusive journalism because many on here have said the same thing. While others have side different things with differnt time tables. It never works to quote what others may have said to back a view point or show how wonderful a player or coach is. I am afraid there are so many different opinions I can find one to back any eventuality.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

It's esdy to be wise after the event, although I agree a lot of posters did say prior to the match that they were not happy with the line up, and I can understand that, and they were proved more or less right.
But understandably, there were posters who thought the line up was horses for courses and why not, as Jok also thought that.
He picked the lineup, nobody on this board went into our dressing room and nailed the team sheet to the back of the dressing room door, only Jok did that.
He selected the side, unfortunately some players let him down, others did not though.
So nobody in this forum is wrong, it's all about opinions.
Also I thought his substitution of Seri was wrong, the one guy that can create. After that it went from bad to worse.
But the bottom line I think is, that there is only so many times the manager can make errors of judgement before his number comes up.
This poor performance and defeat v Cardiff just ranks up the pressure on him.
But they don't get any easier with both Bournemouth & Boscombe on Saturday.
So Jok is a man on a mission, to find a clean sheet with a win tagged to it, or at least a win, even a draw is starting to sound pretty good.
Today onwards he will be looking and analysing which players he can rely on in a battle, and the ones that are too milky and hide under a blade of grass.
I would still give him to Christmas as we at least owe him that for getting us here.
I genuinely hope he and the players who are good enough, can climb the table.
But the players also have to take responsibility as well as the manager.
But hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

We really need a settled back four, just as long as it is not the one that played in our last match. But then I am saying that every week.

bahay18

We played Cardiff City . The team he put out was more than capable of beating them . We made some of their players (reid , murphy , patterson) look like world beaters. This wasn't a step up in class like the arsenal , spurs , city games. So for me , the buck stops with the players on this one and they need a long hard look at their own effort and performance . Players need to take responsibility for where they stand (i.e chambers on the first goal , where was he ?) , making strong challenges , closing down , going with runners etc. Christie after the arsenal game (and o'neil) said he was following instructions , but if a player runs past you and there is no one behind to cover , you go with the runner regardless of instructions and discuss it later. its basic stuff from the players and they need to wake up. Joka has proven to be a good coach , the improvement he has made to the likes of fredericks , ream , odoi , cairney and mitro to some extent is there to be seen . The players need to stand up and being counted .

..FOF..

Look at the Bournemouth suggestions now.

People were screaming for Ryan to be given a chance, but now hardly to be seen even in the subs choice.

It is already hard to take risk on papers, in an online forum, so Joka probably facing a ton of pressure.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: bahay18 on October 22, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
We played Cardiff City . The team he put out was more than capable of beating them . We made some of their players (reid , murphy , patterson) look like world beaters. This wasn't a step up in class like the arsenal , spurs , city games. So for me , the buck stops with the players on this one and they need a long hard look at their own effort and performance . Players need to take responsibility for where they stand (i.e chambers on the first goal , where was he ?) , making strong challenges , closing down , going with runners etc. Christie after the arsenal game (and o'neil) said he was following instructions , but if a player runs past you and there is no one behind to cover , you go with the runner regardless of instructions and discuss it later. its basic stuff from the players and they need to wake up. Joka has proven to be a good coach , the improvement he has made to the likes of fredericks , ream , odoi , cairney and mitro to some extent is there to be seen . The players need to stand up and being counted .
:plus one: I'd like to think that after the Cardiff game the players locked themselves in a room and had a no holds barred frank talk amongst themselves. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

JoelH5

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 23, 2018, 05:20:10 PM
Quote from: bahay18 on October 22, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
:plus one: I'd like to think that after the Cardiff game the players locked themselves in a room and had a no holds barred frank talk amongst themselves. 

And why has it taken this long?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

hovewhite

The players should be ashamed of there lack of respect to every fan that made the journey to Cardiff .