more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I’m confused about the slicing

Started by The Rock, October 22, 2018, 02:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

SJ even mentioned it in his interview.

We played and beat the same Cardiff team last year. We are better than they are really.

Now, Ream, and Betts, are slicing balls for corners like you on Sunday morn after a big night out.

What's their problem? This isn't getting used to a system, are they hexed?!

..FOF..

I think what he meant is that the players have to go back to basic.

Probably the 100million tag is haunting them.

Fulham76

Bettinelli's distribution/kicking has always been terrible. Nothing new there.

RaySmith

Confidence is so important in football, and we seem  severely lacking in it at the moment.

Gone is the fluid team of last season, playing opponents off the pitch.It was broken up with  players, some of whom were on loan, going back to their clubs and others leaving, and new players coming in with little time to integrate them into the  team.

This needs to be sorted out asap, but I have faith and confidence in our manager, and our ownwer to back him.

A couple of scruffy wins will do wonders for our confidence and morale, though.

A positive is that we're still scoring - with two  more classy goals  at Cardiff- shame about the defending though.

Lighthouse

Also confused about the lack of blocks and interceptions. There seems to be an awful lot of ball watching. Especially as the ball goes past them. Plus the Ream slips and falling over. It does seems that too many players are not able to do the basics well enough.

But once we manage to slice a ball into their net or score any lucky win then who knows? It might be a simple confidence thing. But as has been said before. We do need to have players playing in the same side for a few games instead of this constant chopping and changing. I am not sure half of them know where they are supposed to play or what they are supposed to be doing half the time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Al the basic errors has to be a confidence/fear thing - which  is also to do with things  like not being played in position , and not feeling part of a team, where your role is clear, and you know  exactly what the players around you will and can  do-
because these are top pro players, who surely know how to control or block a ball,  read the game and  mark opponents, and give a successful pass, or clear their lines.