watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-In support.

Started by bog, October 22, 2018, 03:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

My list of managers who I was glad to see the back of is:- Vic Buckingham, Alan Dicks, Don MacKay, Lawrie Sanchez, Martin Jol, Rene Mulensteen (as he was a coach not a manager) and Felix Magott with Bobby Campbell almost on that list. Kit Symons needed to go but he had steadied the ship and I will always have time for Kit. I do not wish to add Slavisa to this. In just two and a half seasons he took us from being an absolute rabble to an unforgettable day out at Wembley and back into the Premier that included a phenominal 23 game unbeaten ruin.
   Some will be saying we are now back at being a rabble. (Rabble Without a Clause?) Well, obviously, I am not content with what is going on, I have no ideas of what is going on behind the scenes,  but I am sticking with Slavisa to give him every opportunity to sort it out. No this is not misplaced loyalty. 

Thank you and good night.

092.gif         

Lighthouse

The big difference between this season and the last two seasons is this. We were missing important parts of the team jigsaw. Joka was unable to make things work until a forward and a full back were brought in in January. This season the argument goes that the team has let him down. Nobody would argue with that. But also a team that is changed EVERY game. With subs that make origami a worthwhile pastime. A team selection that did away with attacking intent against the worst side in the league. Bar us.

It all looks confusing from here, looks confusing for the players and I'm not convinced the Coach has a clue what to do. Nobody wants the club to fail. We all genuinely want to see our Coach find a solution. The argument that a change would do more harm than good is valid. But to look this poor. To feel this bad as we did under Felix or Dicks. It just seems that frustration is giving way to feelings of hopelessness EVERY game.

I support the club above all else. The coach has to show some clue to those who doubt him he knows what he is doing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whitesideup

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 22, 2018, 03:26:17 PM
The big difference between this season and the last two seasons is this. We were missing important parts of the team jigsaw. Joka was unable to make things work until a forward and a full back were brought in in January. This season the argument goes that the team has let him down. Nobody would argue with that. But also a team that is changed EVERY game. With subs that make origami a worthwhile pastime. A team selection that did away with attacking intent against the worst side in the league. Bar us.

It all looks confusing from here, looks confusing for the players and I'm not convinced the Coach has a clue what to do. Nobody wants the club to fail. We all genuinely want to see our Coach find a solution. The argument that a change would do more harm than good is valid. But to look this poor. To feel this bad as we did under Felix or Dicks. It just seems that frustration is giving way to feelings of hopelessness EVERY game.

I support the club above all else. The coach has to show some clue to those who doubt him he knows what he is doing.

Joks has a couple of good years to his credit. And he does not go from being a great coach to a bad coach in the space of a few games. Things aren't going our way. Uncharacteristic individual errors are plaguing our team and that can't and won't continue.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1) Mawson's reputation as a centre-half is good and maybe he will come good.
2) We now know that Chambers can't play at full-back against pace (or maybe not at full-back at all) so do not anticipate that event happening again.
3) The real ale bar is still open.

Onwards, in a things-can-only-get-better kind of way.

bog

I seem to recall that Slavisa has not signed a new contract and said he wants to see how we go. I wonder if things do not improve at all he would walk away. Most managers trade a new contract when things are going well so that if results do dry up then they get a nice big fat pay off.  He has to decide on a back four from the games played and stick with it. 

092.gif

hovewhite

At the minute frustration before every game expecting us to be well beat and feel like the cherries turn up ,turn is over with slav struggling.
The worrying thing about our defenders seem not capable of basic defending,
Blocking,
Tackling,
Marking,
Knowing when not to getting touch tight,
Skills that I learnt at school.
They should be able to do those basics.But they appear not to able to the basics that's why we are looking on to conceding 110 goals plus.