watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can Slavisa turn it around?

Started by Bassey the warrior, October 22, 2018, 03:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

..FOF..

If he is given 2 games like reported, then my answer is no:)

hovewhite

I'm not sure any manager is told by any chairman they have a small number of games to save there job.

toshes mate

Quote from: hovewhite on October 25, 2018, 07:14:31 AM
I'm not sure any manager is told by any chairman they have a small number of games to save their job.

I am pretty sure that in most cases you are right and it isn't just about winning games is it.  It is more than that, perhaps something like the underlying ethos and morale of the whole camp compared to what an owner truly wants.

Interesting to note Pochettino's comments after the Champions League match last night which are very similar to what Jokanovic says when the hoped for doesn't appear and the end, accepting blame, and shielding individuals. In a sense, business at a new stadium is dependent upon a club doing well in the competitions that'll fill it up - all of them - and so Pochettino is reminding everyone that it is up to him to get results or else.

bog

If ever there was manger who I want to be able to turn it around it is Slav. It is just 5 months since he gave us that unforgettable day at Wembley. 

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on October 25, 2018, 04:50:18 PM
If ever there was manger who I want to be able to turn it around it is Slav. It is just 5 months since he gave us that unforgettable day at Wembley. 

092.gif

Exactly I agree 100% wholeheartedly, but Jok is not a manger, which is a trough on a farm for instance.
I can only imagine you mean a Manager which is someone who controls and directs and makes decisions, and delegates, and is responsible for the performance of a group of people and/or an Institution.
Thank you and Goodnight.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

Off the ball, the team gets overrun.    Players don't look like they know where they should be or what they should do when the opponent is attacking. 

I'm not sure if Slav will be able to figure out how to fix that part of his scheme without the help of a defensive minded coach.

I think he's earned the chance to try though.   I'm not one for getting rid of a coach that got the team promoted the year before.     He needs better players. (defensive minded)

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 25, 2018, 06:45:09 PM

092.gif

Exactly I agree 100% wholeheartedly, but Jok is not a manger, which is a trough on a farm for instance.
I can only imagine you mean a Manager which is someone who controls and directs and makes decisions, and delegates, and is responsible for the performance of a group of people and/or an Institution.
Thank you and Goodnight.

Lol. I was never any gawd at speeling.

Thank you and stop pinching my lines.....  :022:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on October 25, 2018, 08:56:47 PM

092.gif

Thank you and Goodnight.

I apologise,  but I just couldn't resist it.

Never forget your Roots.

Robbie

SWSixer

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 25, 2018, 09:42:44 PM
Quote from: bog on October 25, 2018, 08:56:47 PM

092.gif

Thank you and Goodnight.

I apologise,  but I just couldn't resist it.

I would have dun just the sayme.

Thank you and good mourning    :022:

filham

Quote from: Matt10 on October 22, 2018, 04:02:53 PM
Sunderland gutting 1-0 loss last year, with Johansen playing that False-9.

Once he axed that idea, we were better for it. This time, he needs to axe more than one of the ideas he's had.

The results are much worse than they were in the first half of last season and now there has to be an improvement well before Christmas. The big change last season was the introduction of Targett and Mitrovic after Christmas, can't see anything like that happening this season

filham

We have been beaten by teams throughout the league, all managers now know the tactics to employ to match ours and also have players capable of implementing these tactics.
Jocanovic has just about tried all of his players and he cant bring any more in at least until January, Jocanovic has to implement a change to our tactics if we are to challenge any team.

The only other thing that may give us a win here and there is the return of a fit Cairney.

Matt10

Quote from: filham on October 26, 2018, 12:31:46 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on October 22, 2018, 04:02:53 PM
Sunderland gutting 1-0 loss last year, with Johansen playing that False-9.

Once he axed that idea, we were better for it. This time, he needs to axe more than one of the ideas he's had.

The results are much worse than they were in the first half of last season and now there has to be an improvement well before Christmas. The big change last season was the introduction of Targett and Mitrovic after Christmas, can't see anything like that happening this season

I agree, the goals conceded have been absurd. Even when we were in bad shape last year, we were still competing at least.

Unfortunately, I do not think just the signing of 1 or 2 players is the answer this go-around. It's a deeper problem, and it's intangible, something that needs to be motivated to get out of their scared systems.

I think Ream's interview will help those who know its purpose, and Slav's comments in the press conference solidifies things. I'd also say Johansen's remarks about it's not the defenders only that are having issues, it's defending as a team as a whole. Haven't seen anyone say that, figures it's from him.

People talking about starting Rico over Betts to me is a bit more of a sign of the "try this, try that" mentality that even Slav is getting complacent with. Hopefully we see some consistency in the lineup, and all that changes is they aren't playing afraid to make mistake ball.

hovewhite

Think the worst thing anyone can do is make whole sale changes defensively every week and I'm hoping he now picks a back 4 and lets them gel for a run of games as the front 3 in general have been the most consistent part of the team who have proved that stick with the 3 has been effective so could do with a settled back 4.

Woolly Mammoth

Consistency in selection is the key, there are no short cuts.
This area is where Slav has made errors of judgement, which is reflected not only in individual mistakes, but also as a defensive unit.
Hence the reason why poor performance has run in conjunction with the team displays and the goals against collumn.
Which is why I cannot see where the next clean sheet is coming from.

Never forget your Roots.

Luka

I hope Slav can turn this around but it 50/50 for me.
I think the problem he might have is the dressing room will turn agaist him.
If it does he's finished and it'll be really quick.