Slavisa will be magic again

We'll be aiming for mid table glory

The world will be great again

3-1

MikeCdawg

I like your optimism

Here's to hoping we score 4 because we're sure to concede 3

The Rock

If we would have beat Cardiff we'd be 14th looking at the next 2 games as 6 points in the bag. Goes to show how tight 13-20 is shaping up and how much a difference a day/game makes.

It would be Fulhamish to win, but not many can see this happening. Unless we win 5-4 I guess.

ex-Pat

We won't beat Bournemouth, they are ten times better than Cardiff, what does that tell you it's getting very depressing, roll on the Championship.....

hovewhite

Quote from: ex-Pat on October 22, 2018, 11:28:25 PM
We won't beat Bournemouth, they are ten times better than Cardiff, what does that tell you it's getting very depressing, roll on the Championship.....
yes will go along with that.

Fulham 442

3-1

And then you woke up.  Bet your dream was good while it lasted!

BedsFFC

Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 23, 2018, 07:19:03 AM

3-1

Actually, I believe it. They suit our style and I think much of our problem is with gelling and also mentally we have been a bit fragile. I think we will be a bit of a wounded animal.

Also, I dont fall apart over a few bad results.

Before I posted the OP, I looked back at the period when we lost to Brentford and then Sunderland. It was uncanny. The same people on here are saying the exact same things again.

"Slavisa has lost the dressing room, Slavisa is a one trick pony, Slavisa must go etc etc."

I happen to think Slavisa is a quality coach and he will be coaching his way out of the current slump. Not trying to turn it around with screaming and shouting and geeing up the lads.

As a fan, I think you have to take the bad periods on the chin and this makes the period when it starts to turn so much sweeter. It might not happen this Saturday, but it will turn.

TC is absolutely huge for us. He may not be our best player but he knits us together. He is the person that ensures we not only have possession but we look dangerous with it and that takes the impetus out of the oppostion. At the moment, they just smell blood every time they have the ball. When that changes, we will start to be more comfortable and games will be a little bit more like earlier in season.

Moltobueno

I'm with you BedsFFC. We'll win it and get our first of many clean sheets this season  049:gif

Whitesideup

Quote from: BedsFFC on October 23, 2018, 08:09:27 AM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 23, 2018, 07:19:03 AM

3-1

Actually, I believe it. They suit our style and I think much of our problem is with gelling and also mentally we have been a bit fragile. I think we will be a bit of a wounded animal.

Also, I dont fall apart over a few bad results.

Before I posted the OP, I looked back at the period when we lost to Brentford and then Sunderland. It was uncanny. The same people on here are saying the exact same things again.

"Slavisa has lost the dressing room, Slavisa is a one trick pony, Slavisa must go etc etc."

I happen to think Slavisa is a quality coach and he will be coaching his way out of the current slump. Not trying to turn it around with screaming and shouting and geeing up the lads.

As a fan, I think you have to take the bad periods on the chin and this makes the period when it starts to turn so much sweeter. It might not happen this Saturday, but it will turn.

TC is absolutely huge for us. He may not be our best player but he knits us together. He is the person that ensures we not only have possession but we look dangerous with it and that takes the impetus out of the oppostion. At the moment, they just smell blood every time they have the ball. When that changes, we will start to be more comfortable and games will be a little bit more like earlier in season.

Thank you BedsFFC and Fulham 442. In the sea of negativity and despair on the forum, I appreciate your optimism and positive attitudes. I too trust Joka to improve our defensive performances. Bournemouth are,however, a very good side with a very good manager, and we will have our work cut out, so don't despair if this game does not go to what is a very good plan.

Fulham76

I think we'll win this one as well. No idea what the score will be, other than they'll probably be plenty of goals.

Woolly Mammoth

All positive stuff, and it's good to read, as it's uplifting and can rub off on readers.
Far be it for me to hasten to put any dampener on this encouraging thread, and of course we all know that football is a funny old game, and no result is guaranteed.
But where is the evidence that we have any ability to keep a clean sheet or to organise a way of keeping a clean sheet.
With your permission if I may answer that myself.
So far there is not a shred of evidence. In fact we it appears are going backwards, a bit like the defence.
So naivety will not win us matches, and neither will keeping our fingers crossed.
Proactively is the name of the game, not reactivity when the horse bolted quite a while ago, especially when this particular horse is deceased because it has been flogged to death.  :dead horse:
So as much as there is no harm in saying the well worn frase " in Joka I trust " which may temporarily make you feel better, it's actually no help at all.
Nevertheless, we have to stay upbeat until the next match, which on this occasion we are playing both Bournemouth & Boscombe which I think is a little unfair. This will be a tough match in more ways that one, basically because not only have we got to prevent both Bournemouth & Boscombe from shooting us in the foot, we also have to avoid shooting ourselves in the foot.
After last Saturday I shall be surprised if we have any foot left, we literally blew it off.
Nonetheless, Jok has to say to himself, he has got to pick a team from the outset that will save his life. Simple as that, and stick with starting lineups commencing Saturday.
Because sticking drawing pins in players names is clearly not working.
The trail of unfortunate decisions and judgement will go back to before the season commenced, there is no doubt about that.
But you reap what you sow, and a number of seeds fell on stoney ground. 
So where do we go from here, we'll only Jok will be in a position to decide that.
I hope the OP is correct, he has to be, as that hole will only get deeper, and maybe a second victory of the season on Saturday against a very well drilled team will kick start a new chapter.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham 442

Sorry but I don't honestly see us getting anything out of the Bournemouth game.  I think our problems are numerous, the massive step up to the Prem, too many new players all at once, not playing a settled back four but constantly experimenting.  Cairney is also a big miss. We can score goals but that is only any good if we score more than the opposition, which we're not.  Last time we got promoted we came up with a Prem team already in place who were used to playing with each other.  That is why we stayed up.  I am certainly not calling for Joca's head but something needs to change, and quickly.  The first step would be to stop leaking goals all over the place, come the end of the season I would hate it if it all came down to goal difference.  As a Fulham supporter I have always taken bad periods on the chin, as do most of us,  and it does make the good times so much sweeter I agree, but at the moment this is a very bad period for us and with the way things are currently I can't see a way out of it any time soon.

alfie

Quote from: hovewhite on October 23, 2018, 06:55:41 AM
Quote from: ex-Pat on October 22, 2018, 11:28:25 PM
yes will go along with that.
Do you know, if so how, I really hate this talk before a ball is kicked, the odds are against us true, but let the game start before we write them off.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

We should get  right  behind the team at the Cottage, just as our away fans do, whatever we might think.

Loud crowd support  from the start of the game, rather than tense silence, or  abuse, is essential to  help generate a positive feeling  in the players, and this should continue even if we go behind.

Together we can do it.
COYW!!!!

Fulham 442

We should get  right  behind the team at the Cottage, just as our away fans do, whatever we might think.

Loud crowd support  from the start of the game, rather than tense silence, or  abuse, is essential to  help generate a positive feeling  in the players, and this should continue even if we go behind.

Together we can do it.
COYW!!!!

I agree that can only help the team, as we have done in the past, Juventus at the Cottage being a perfect example.  I couldn't get a ticket for the Bournemouth game as I didn't want to sit in the Putney End.  I will be there next month when we play Southampton and will give the team my full support.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 23, 2018, 11:16:14 AM
Sorry but I don't honestly see us getting anything out of the Bournemouth game.  I think our problems are numerous, the massive step up to the Prem, too many new players all at once, not playing a settled back four but constantly experimenting.  Cairney is also a big miss. We can score goals but that is only any good if we score more than the opposition, which we're not.  Last time we got promoted we came up with a Prem team already in place who were used to playing with each other.  That is why we stayed up.  I am certainly not calling for Joca's head but something needs to change, and quickly.  The first step would be to stop leaking goals all over the place, come the end of the season I would hate it if it all came down to goal difference.  As a Fulham supporter I have always taken bad periods on the chin, as do most of us,  and it does make the good times so much sweeter I agree, but at the moment this is a very bad period for us and with the way things are currently I can't see a way out of it any time soon.
Sorry, I read the reply to your reply as being your reply when in fact it was BedsFFC's reply to your reply. As a consequence I will retract my thanks for your positivity and restrict the extension of gratitude to BedsFFC.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 23, 2018, 11:11:20 AM
All positive stuff, and it's good to read, as it's uplifting and can rub off on readers.
Far be it for me to hasten to put any dampener on this encouraging thread, and of course we all know that football is a funny old game, and no result is guaranteed.
But where is the evidence that we have any ability to keep a clean sheet or to organise a way of keeping a clean sheet.
So far there is not a shred of evidence. In fact we it appears are going backwards, a bit like the defence.
So naivety will not win us matches, and neither will keeping our fingers crossed.
Proactively is the name of the game, not reactivity when the horse bolted quite a while ago, especially when this particular horse is deceased because it has been flogged to death.  :dead horse:
So as much as there is no harm in saying the well worn frase " in Joka I trust " which may temporarily make you feel better, it's actually no help at all.
Nevertheless, we have to stay upbeat until the next match, which on this occasion we are playing both Bournemouth & Boscombe which I think is a little unfair. This will be a tough match in more ways that one, basically because not only have we got to prevent both Bournemouth & Boscombe from shooting us in the foot, we also have to avoid shooting ourselves in the foot.
After last Saturday I shall be surprised if we have any foot left, we literally blew it off.
Nonetheless, Jok has to say to himself, he has got to pick a team from the outset that will save his life. Simple as that, and stick with starting lineups commencing Saturday.
The trail of unfortunate decisions and judgement will go back to before the season commenced, there is no doubt about that.
So where do we go from here, we'll only Jok will be in a position to decide that.
I hope the OP is correct, he has to be, as that hole will only get deeper, and maybe a second victory of the season on Saturday against a very well drilled team will kick start a new chapter.

Dear Mr Mammoth

First of all, if you knew Boscombe you would know that they added very little. Even their pier is now a shadow of its former glory.

Secondly, your points are fair, but please allow people a little room for hope. "Far be it for me to hasten to put any dampener on this encouraging thread" ... not so much a dampener as a bucket of ice-cold water.  Now, some people believe in life after death, some believe that the universe is run by a single entity that is all-powerful and well-meaning (but clearly not an avid Fulham fan) some may believe that we can improve, that we can defend for 90 minutes without making a series of calamitous errors.  This latter group may well be small and regarded by some as clearly deranged, but they are happy in themselves and frankly, they do no harm to others, indeed their happiness and hope could be seen as a positive resource. When we go 1-0 up they will cheer loudly in the belief that we can go on to win the game, whilst others may lament the goal on the basis it may just inspire the opposition to launch more effective attacks instead of them sitting and hoping to sneak a late winner. And you want to snatch those fleeting moments of real happiness from them.....

alfie

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 23, 2018, 01:23:59 PM

Dear Mr Mammoth

First of all, if you knew Boscombe you would know that they added very little. Even their pier is now a shadow of its former glory.

Secondly, your points are fair, but please allow people a little room for hope. "Far be it for me to hasten to put any dampener on this encouraging thread" ... not so much a dampener as a bucket of ice-cold water.  Now, some people believe in life after death, some believe that the universe is run by a single entity that is all-powerful and well-meaning (but clearly not an avid Fulham fan) some may believe that we can improve, that we can defend for 90 minutes without making a series of calamitous errors.  This latter group may well be small and regarded by some as clearly deranged, but they are happy in themselves and frankly, they do no harm to others, indeed their happiness and hope could be seen as a positive resource. When we go 1-0 up they will cheer loudly in the belief that we can go on to win the game, whilst others may lament the goal on the basis it may just inspire the opposition to launch more effective attacks instead of them sitting and hoping to sneak a late winner. And you want to snatch those fleeting moments of real happiness from them.....
Let's reinstate "STILL BELIEVE" makes sense to me :clap_hands:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Whitesideup

Alfie - that's the spirit. Go for it, mate.  I'll be with you.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 23, 2018, 01:23:59 PM

Dear Mr Mammoth

Boscombe has a nice beech as far as I can remember.
As for your observations on my post in your last paragraph.
I have to defend myself by saying that strength does not come from winning, your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
In other words, just because a supporter puts his head in the oven, does not mean that everyone else has to follow.
So the position is, if your easily pleased, then so be it.
But I am a hard task master when it comes to being competitive in sport.
A man of the cloth once asked me if I thought that the pen was mightier than the sword.
I replied that I did not think that the pen was mightier.
He asked me why I felt that way.
I replied, because you cannot write with a broken arm.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.