Main Menu

We will beat Bournemouth

Started by BedsFFC, October 22, 2018, 09:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on October 23, 2018, 01:36:34 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on October 23, 2018, 01:23:59 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 23, 2018, 11:11:20 AM
All positive stuff, and it's good to read, as it's uplifting and can rub off on readers.
Far be it for me to hasten to put any dampener on this encouraging thread, and of course we all know that football is a funny old game, and no result is guaranteed.
But where is the evidence that we have any ability to keep a clean sheet or to organise a way of keeping a clean sheet.
With your permission if I may answer that myself.
So far there is not a shred of evidence. In fact we it appears are going backwards, a bit like the defence.
So naivety will not win us matches, and neither will keeping our fingers crossed.
Proactively is the name of the game, not reactivity when the horse bolted quite a while ago, especially when this particular horse is deceased because it has been flogged to death.  :dead horse:
So as much as there is no harm in saying the well worn frase " in Joka I trust " which may temporarily make you feel better, it's actually no help at all.
Nevertheless, we have to stay upbeat until the next match, which on this occasion we are playing both Bournemouth & Boscombe which I think is a little unfair. This will be a tough match in more ways that one, basically because not only have we got to prevent both Bournemouth & Boscombe from shooting us in the foot, we also have to avoid shooting ourselves in the foot.
After last Saturday I shall be surprised if we have any foot left, we literally blew it off.
Nonetheless, Jok has to say to himself, he has got to pick a team from the outset that will save his life. Simple as that, and stick with starting lineups commencing Saturday.
Because sticking drawing pins in players names is clearly not working.
The trail of unfortunate decisions and judgement will go back to before the season commenced, there is no doubt about that.
But you reap what you sow, and a number of seeds fell on stoney ground. 
So where do we go from here, we'll only Jok will be in a position to decide that.
I hope the OP is correct, he has to be, as that hole will only get deeper, and maybe a second victory of the season on Saturday against a very well drilled team will kick start a new chapter.

Dear Mr Mammoth

First of all, if you knew Boscombe you would know that they added very little. Even their pier is now a shadow of its former glory.

Secondly, your points are fair, but please allow people a little room for hope. "Far be it for me to hasten to put any dampener on this encouraging thread" ... not so much a dampener as a bucket of ice-cold water.  Now, some people believe in life after death, some believe that the universe is run by a single entity that is all-powerful and well-meaning (but clearly not an avid Fulham fan) some may believe that we can improve, that we can defend for 90 minutes without making a series of calamitous errors.  This latter group may well be small and regarded by some as clearly deranged, but they are happy in themselves and frankly, they do no harm to others, indeed their happiness and hope could be seen as a positive resource. When we go 1-0 up they will cheer loudly in the belief that we can go on to win the game, whilst others may lament the goal on the basis it may just inspire the opposition to launch more effective attacks instead of them sitting and hoping to sneak a late winner. And you want to snatch those fleeting moments of real happiness from them.....
Let's reinstate "STILL BELIEVE" makes sense to me :clap_hands:

Whatever floats your boat, whatever makes you happy, I have no problem with that.
Whenever, I see Lemmings running off a cliff top following each other one after another, I understand that. They are much further down the evolutionary ladder, probably on equal terms with a Garden Gnome.
But I don't expect Fulham supporters to do the same, or then maybe perhaps I should.
Let's hope Fulham win on Saturday and there are no calamity's to discuss, which would please you and me and all and sundry, otherwise we could be having further similar conversations next week.
Remember King Canute, he couldn't hold back the sea either.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 23, 2018, 02:43:23 PM

Whatever floats your boat, whatever makes you happy, I have no problem with that.
Whenever, I see Lemmings running off a cliff top following each other one after another, I understand that. They are much further down the evolutionary ladder, probably on equal terms with a Garden Gnome.
But I don't expect Fulham supporters to do the same, or then maybe perhaps I should.
Let's hope Fulham win on Saturday and there are no calamity's to discuss, which would please you and me and all and sundry, otherwise we could be having further similar conversations next week.
All positive stuff, and it's good to read, as it's uplifting and can rub off on readers.
Far be it for me to hasten to put any dampener on this encouraging thread, and of course we all know that football is a funny old game, and no result is guaranteed.
But where is the evidence that we have any ability to keep a clean sheet or to organise a way of keeping a clean sheet.
So far there is not a shred of evidence. In fact we it appears are going backwards, a bit like the defence.
So naivety will not win us matches, and neither will keeping our fingers crossed.
Proactively is the name of the game, not reactivity when the horse bolted quite a while ago, especially when this particular horse is deceased because it has been flogged to death.  :dead horse:
So as much as there is no harm in saying the well worn frase " in Joka I trust " which may temporarily make you feel better, it's actually no help at all.
Nevertheless, we have to stay upbeat until the next match, which on this occasion we are playing both Bournemouth & Boscombe which I think is a little unfair. This will be a tough match in more ways that one, basically because not only have we got to prevent both Bournemouth & Boscombe from shooting us in the foot, we also have to avoid shooting ourselves in the foot.
After last Saturday I shall be surprised if we have any foot left, we literally blew it off.
Nonetheless, Jok has to say to himself, he has got to pick a team from the outset that will save his life. Simple as that, and stick with starting lineups commencing Saturday.
The trail of unfortunate decisions and judgement will go back to before the season commenced, there is no doubt about that.
So where do we go from here, we'll only Jok will be in a position to decide that.
I hope the OP is correct, he has to be, as that hole will only get deeper, and maybe a second victory of the season on Saturday against a very well drilled team will kick start a new chapter.

Dear Mr Mammoth

First of all, if you knew Boscombe you would know that they added very little. Even their pier is now a shadow of its former glory.

Secondly, your points are fair, but please allow people a little room for hope. "Far be it for me to hasten to put any dampener on this encouraging thread" ... not so much a dampener as a bucket of ice-cold water.  Now, some people believe in life after death, some believe that the universe is run by a single entity that is all-powerful and well-meaning (but clearly not an avid Fulham fan) some may believe that we can improve, that we can defend for 90 minutes without making a series of calamitous errors.  This latter group may well be small and regarded by some as clearly deranged, but they are happy in themselves and frankly, they do no harm to others, indeed their happiness and hope could be seen as a positive resource. When we go 1-0 up they will cheer loudly in the belief that we can go on to win the game, whilst others may lament the goal on the basis it may just inspire the opposition to launch more effective attacks instead of them sitting and hoping to sneak a late winner. And you want to snatch those fleeting moments of real happiness from them.....

Exactly what you were constantly telling us ten months ago.

We ended up at Wembley

(by the way, I really don't need a 5000 word response)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BedsFFC on October 23, 2018, 03:49:05 PM

Dear Mr Mammoth

Exactly what you were constantly telling us ten months ago.

We ended up at Wembley

(by the way, I really don't need a 5000 word response)

Why do you have to exaggerate with everything you say. First of all you say Fulham are going to win 3 1, then you say my 5000 words, when it was actually 512 words another massive exaggeration.
Do not flatter yourself, Those magic words were not for your eyes as there is no hope for you.
As for me, I am just being realistic, but if you want to carry on kidding yourself, be my guest.
We both want Fulham to win, but I only want them to win in the real world.

Never forget your Roots.

Sgt Fulham

The Cardiff result is rock bottom. We need to start winning though, because the other teams e.g. Newcastle will not keep losing so consistently.

Fulham 442

Exactly right Sgt Fulham. Is that being negative? Not for me, its just being realistic.  After all everyone on here wants Fulham to do well!

Woolly Mammoth

We all want Fulham to win, but in the cold light of day we have to face reality.
No matter how we dress it up. the fact is that what we saw on Saturday was a Leaderless team without a rudder.
Nothing could have prepared us for what took place that day.
After hearing Tim Reams words does not exactly fill me with any joy either.
So this is where the Manager has to really earn his money.
Because if players are failing to respond for one reason or another, either due to resentment or lack of respect or feeling as though they haven't been given a fair chance, or been ignored, or any other reason, and Jok fails to fix it, then he will be the first to walk the plank, if the owner feels there is no alternative.
Which would be a real shame after getting us promoted.
But that's the reality, I hope he can find a solution as he often states. 

Never forget your Roots.

PartizanFC

maybe too early for team to shine but at some moment all negativity must stop....so i beleive in 3:0 victory but i would dont mind if ends 3:2...
i still belive in mid table possition at the end ...just need patience..no panic...true support..i still envy to all of you who can watch our boys at stadium without mindbreaking search for streams on some arabic sites with morrocian comentator
Greetings to all

AnOldBrownie

I agree...depending on the lineup.

If Cairney and Fosu are starting...with R. Sess as a left back...I'm confident.

Any scenario that doesn't involve both those two scenarios and I'm worried.   

Midfield has to be 3 players.   Seri, Cairney and Anguissa.    Seri isn't going to do any defensive work at all so you need both Cairney and Anguissa to cover the defensive duties. If you play Cairney as a straight #10 I worry about Seri and Anguissa in the midfield when we DON'T have the ball.

Ream and Odoi as CBs.    Even though Ream had a shocker, the pair of them are still our best CB pairing.

Spirit of 2000

Can't see it - Bournemouth have too much attacking talent, power & pace for our sorry defence to handle - I predict 1-3.

toshes mate

Character comes from adversity.  Character comes from success.  Character comes from all points between the two.  All those who have served under our current owners and their coaches have seen FFC from many points of view, up, down or wherever, and it is their perceptions and reactions that has coloured the 'what happens next' view they have, just as it has coloured the perceptions and reactions of the owners, coaches, supporters and pundits.  What is difficult in these times is holding things together and any one in a football team knows that you must hold together because divided you are a much softer and easier target.  Any team can have an off-day; it is the series of off-days that test the resolve to fight back.  The senior players from last year need to be raising the spirits of all those around them by whatever means it takes and be part of the process of knitting things back together again.  The coaches need to be rallying that spirit by whatever means it takes.  Everyone needs to be present and correct even if they are unlikely to be playing on Saturday for whatever reason.

I want to see a football match on Saturday where both teams play at their best level for the whole ninety plus minutes, because they have to, to get something out of the game.  If we can do that then I fancy we can surprise everyone and start the rebuilding process from there.  I don't care who plays as long as they are up for ninety minutes plus of application, courage and whatever it takes.

cheese pie

Hope we will win and stop this nagging.. :010:

csf79849504

Mince n Tatties

Got to stop the whippet Fraser out on the wing for them,he has caused every side trouble this season with his pace and goals.
Can't see,but can hope that our so called defence can keep him and Wilson out for 90 mins.Coyw

The Old Count

I hope I'm wrong but I can see us getting done 1 - 4.  The players seem to be getting worse whoever plays. Seri gets worse as the weather gets colder and Aguissa is young and taking a long time to settle. Cairney doesn't seem up for it and we still have people coming back from injury.

Lighthouse

It is as needless and pointless to be blindly optimistic as it is to be always negative. Our recent form shows no sign of us doing anything but conceding 3 or 4 goals and struggling. However we are hopefully going to see the Joka of last season. No more silly subs. No more head scratching line ups.

I win is possible as is a heavy defeat. I have no idea but I do know that stupid individual errors on and off the pitch has cost us dear. Lets cut those out and then we may even have a decent chance.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

"I win is possible as is a heavy defeat. I have no idea but I do know that stupid individual errors on and off the pitch has cost us dear. Lets cut those out and then we may even have a decent chance."

Agree.

But maybe easier said than done, but going forward we have been impressive, and scored some great goals. If we can get the defending sorted out, then we might get some decent results..

Southcoastffc

Bournemeouth have scored 16 goals and conceded 12 in their 9 league games this season - hardly an overwhelmingly attacking force.  They're solid, but not impregnable.    If, if , if we can tighten up we're in with a shout.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.