watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ticket upgrade

Started by Haynes, October 23, 2018, 08:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haynes

I tried to upgrade my senior season ticket for Bournemouth to an adult and was told it would cost £65, the full price for the game. I have done this before and it usually costs the difference between senior and adult prices, typically £5 last season.
I emailed the club as I could not see why it would be so much, here is their reply
"I can confirm that the price quoted by our Ticket Office is correct. Unfortunately, we do not upgrade Season Tickets for weekend fixtures and the seat need to be bought at full price if the concession is unable to attend."
Hoe does an empty seat help the club?
092.gif :012:

hovewhite

The Respect and loyalty towards S/Ts holders from the club is appalling and I noticed from FST notes from the last meeting didn't give any ground,also it was stated that post early bird prices shouldn't be increased so I believe those post early bird will be bottom starting prices next season I hope I am wrong but believe I won't be able to afford those new prices.

gang

It helps the club because you have paid for the ticket already, they could then offer any other seat available for sale, annoying I know but commercial.

Westlondonffc

What a disgrace. Just like they advertise prices "from £30" but really it isn't unless you're going with a child

hovewhite

I don't think the readers on this site worry about price as very well paid people which is great they are the club wants under the Khan regime.the rest of us aren't welcome anymore.

Wingnut

Quote from: hovewhite on October 23, 2018, 10:47:32 AM
I don't think the readers on this site worry about price as very well paid people which is great they are the club wants under the Khan regime.the rest of us aren't welcome anymore.

I've read plenty of posts on this forum regarding ticket pricing and the increase in price of same. Not sure what a person's income has to do with it.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Neil D

Stick it to the punter - that's the name of the game in the PL.  All the more remarkable when you consider that ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean for the Club's finances when compared with where the real revenue stream is: TV.

Bill2

This was posted some time ago so what is the benefit in it for the Club. I asked about this earlier on as I could have got my nephew to go to a game I couldn't make and he would have paid the difference. He didn't so an empty seat and the Club actually lost money.

This policy is good for clubs that can sell out so if any fans want to go they have to take tickets where they can get them but to be fair we are not in that category and we way we are playing unlikely to be.

Of course only applies to senior tickets if you want to give the ticket to someone younger.

hovewhite

Quote from: Wingnut on October 23, 2018, 11:18:56 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on October 23, 2018, 10:47:32 AM

I've read plenty of posts on this forum regarding ticket pricing and the increase in price of same. Not sure what a person's income has to do with it.
the club wants people on high disposable income earners not the lower income bracket which before Khan looked after ,now the want to lose the lower income earners like myself and you know they  and you can stick it from the end of the season.

os5889 mkII

This is one of the important items on the agenda for the Fulham Supporters Trust. We have raised this with club during our last two meetings with them and they have seemed receptive to making it possible for supporters to upgrade tickets for some games. The key driver behind the decision to stop it as an FYI was communicated as a significant and material increase in touting of tickets.

FWIW I think upgrades should be allowed for all midweek games as a minimum, and probably a specified number of weekend games, as there are always going to be some games that people will legitimately be sharing tickets with a friend if they cannot make a game themselves.

Link to the minutes of the October meeting below. If you have any questions, or even suggestions, feel free to reach out to myself or any other Trust Board member.

Owen (@OSmithFFC)

http://fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2018/10/12/notes-from-october-meeting-with-fulham-fc.html
@OsmithFFC

Wingnut

Quote from: hovewhite on October 23, 2018, 02:40:01 PM
the club wants people on high disposable income earners not the lower income bracket which before Khan looked after ,now the want to lose the lower income earners like myself and you know they  and you can stick it from the end of the season.

The club wants to attract a certain amount of high earners for sure, people who are willing to pay silly sums of money for a dining experience etc but I'm not convinced that they want shut out the bread and butter support who've stuck with them during the non-PL years. Season ticket holders who availed of the early renewal option got a very good deal on their ticket for this season, by PL standards. I would hope that a similar deal would be made available to them at the end of this season.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Roberty

What difference is there between the cost of an adult ticket and an over 65 ticket?

Where I sit it is minimal and I decided to buy an adult ticket so that anyone of my friends could use it when I cannot go.

Maybe you should ask the club how much it would cost to upgrade yours to adult - for the whole season - and then any family member or friend can use it when you cannot go.

The only worthwhile discounts are for children and young people !

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

cookieg

Isn't this aimed at stopping touts buying ST's with concessions selling on the seat for a higher price to "tourists"? I'm sure the club is trying to do it's best but sometimes can't always get the right balance.

I certainly don't agree that the club only wants affluent supporters. The early bird ST scheme was very good, if they only wanted rich supporters they would have upped the prices considerably and really priced out us peasants.

Mickeyboro

I very much doubt the disinterested chaps on the turnstiles would stop you if a 'concession' light flashed up. Not worth their while, surely...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hovewhite

Quote from: Roberty on October 23, 2018, 08:35:21 PM
What difference is there between the cost of an adult ticket and an over 65 ticket?

Where I sit it is minimal and I decided to buy an adult ticket so that anyone of my friends could use it when I cannot go.

Maybe you should ask the club how much it would cost to upgrade yours to adult - for the whole season - and then any family member or friend can use it when you cannot go.

the club are portraying themselves to be the posh club under the Khan's,course they don't want the bog standard low paid now back in the big league they want affluent upwardly mobile big pound note customers.

Haynes

There are a number of contributing factors and one being that you'll have noticed on Facebook that Season Tickets are being abused on a regular basis, for example adults using Concession tickets. Turnstile operators are being advised to be more stringent with checks at the turnstile.

The upgrade policy has been raised by our Supporters Trust at their recent meeting with the Club. It's not a policy that we have any plans to amend but that doesn't mean to say it wont be considered at a later date.

KJS

Don't worry it will only be for this season as we will be back in the Championship next year  :003:

Roberty

Quote from: hovewhite on October 24, 2018, 08:52:02 PM

the club are portraying themselves to be the posh club under the Khan's,course they don't want the bog standard low paid now back in the big league they want affluent upwardly mobile big pound note customers.
[/quote]

I'm struggling to understand why you needed to quote my post three times?

I'm so glad that this board has people like you who are "in the know" and can pass on vital information like this on to us

Given the number of touts with season tickets - you can tell where they have brought seats by the fact the everytime you go there is a new face sitting near to you - making it difficult to pass them on is the only way the club have to restrict the resale.

If they don't have a punter for a particular game it is cheaper to swallow the cost of a junior ticket than for them to buy a full adult. This is not really the case for over 65 tickets because the discount for the whole season is minimal. So upgrade to adult and get your friends to chip in when they use it.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

RaySmith

As an OAP and Member, definitely not rich, the club does want me to buy tickets - it keeps sending me emails telling me  I'm entitled to buy tickets for the next game.

One good thing this  season - all away tickets are £30 -  a fair bit cheaper if you're over 65, or even over 60 at some clubs, like Huddersfield, which has  over 60 tickets for away fans at £20 for our  next game there.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: KJS on October 25, 2018, 08:29:46 AM
Don't worry it will only be for this season as we will be back in the Championship next year  :003:

064.gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"