watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got home from QPR v Villa

Started by Riversider, October 26, 2018, 11:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Took the opportunity tonight to catch up with a QPR mate and at the same time get a Championship fix, and to be honest it was a good night, a game that QPR fully deserved to win, incidentally who was it in the past that suggested we should sign Tammy Abraham ? What a pile of s*** he was , easily the worst player on the pitch,
But here's the thing , Fulham could learn a thing or two from QPR believe it or not, last season they were an absolute shambles under Holloway, they brought Maclaren in and in his third game they let 7 in against WBA , they didn't panic and slowly but surely Maclaren has turned them around, now they hardly ever let a goal in, they look organised, they all know their role, they've got discipline and a good work ethic,
No superstars in their team but they look far more organised than we have this season, I can forgive individual mistakes but I can't forgive a coach for having a disorganised team, hopefully I see a Fulham team with a game plan that is as effective as QPR's has been tonight,
And one last thing, give me QPR, Brentford and Millwall as a London derby over Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs any day of the week.

hovewhite

Have a few mates that supports them so fair play to them and they are enjoying themselves.

bog

That Championship table shows how hard it is to leave vertically. Fare play to Maclaren he has really pulled them round.   

092.gif

filham

So we need a defensive coach who can work with Jocanovic, is that likely to happen.

Riversider

If Dean Smith didnt quite understand the size of the task that lies ahead he surely must do now,
Fully expect him to raid Brentford at the first opportunity, primarily for Mepham but maybe also for Watkins and Maupay

ScalleysDad

Quote from: filham on October 27, 2018, 10:24:39 AM
So we need a defensive coach who can work with Jocanovic, is that likely to happen.

A defensive minded coach who can decipher what the plan is supposed to be and communicate it across the multinational squad is even less likely to happen. I am not sure what Parker does but he is not quite that person for the current regime. Maclaren has had his fair share of wacky moments but he is one of the best coaches I have ever seen running a session starting from the basics to implementation. Like Hodgson there will be days of drills,drills and then some more to cover failings or prepare for the oppositions strengths. They won't get hammered again this season.
We will see the first example of whether or not JOka is learning to adapt and work with what he has to counter the oppositions strengths in about twenty minutes.