https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Digger On AJ

Started by White Noise, October 11, 2010, 08:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Digger on AJ

Monday 11th October 2010

The past few weeks have seen Andrew Johnson make a welcome return to training at Motspur Park. Following a long rehabilitation from a knee injury, Johnson has been gradually working his way back to match fitness as has looked in promising form.

Simon Davies has certainly been impressed with Johnson's displays and is looking forward to seeing his team-mate back in full competitive action soon.

"He's looking sharp," Davies told fulhamfc.com. "I've been talking to AJ a lot because I was out for a long time last season and he was asking me, 'did you feel this tired when you came back?'

"When you first come back in, the adrenalin gets you back training and then you realise how hard that is every day. Then come the games, you can train as much as you want but you need the games, whether they're reserve or First Team games, to get the minutes under your belt and get your confidence back.

"You build up and get your strength and stamina back from that. The main thing is that his knee isn't giving him a problem so if we can get him back fit and firing he'll be like a new signing.

"The Manager wants to try and get behind teams and that's AJ's strength, he loves running the channels and when he's fit, he's as quick as anything. So I think it'll be perfect for him and he'll be another great option to have."

The Whites have made a solid start to the season and still remain unbeaten in the League and Davies hoping to build on those foundations.

"We've got some quite creative players in midfield and when we've clicked into gear, like the first-half at West Ham, I think we've played some really good football. We look a really dangerous team and it's been a shame that we haven't gone on and won a couple more games. But the longer the season goes on, the better I'm sure we'll become."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/October/DaviesonAJ.aspx#ixzz1258lrPbS