0 - 0 Newcastle
Watford
3 - 0 Huddersfield
Leicester
1 - 1 West Ham

WhiteJC

Fulham 0-3 Bournemouth

Wilson now has five goals and four assists in the Premier League this season

Callum Wilson scored twice to help Bournemouth continue their fast start to the Premier League season - and inflict another damaging defeat on Fulham.

In an open game at Craven Cottage, the visitors opened the scoring from the penalty spot after Wilson was clumsily fouled by Timothy Fosu-Mensah early on.

The hosts had chances throughout but were never as clinical as the visitors - a fact highlighted when the Cherries turned defence to attack before David Brooks' composed finish for their second.

Fulham's Kevin McDonald was sent off for a second bookable offence late on, and Wilson scored his second and Bournemouth's third to wrap up victory and condemn the Cottagers to their fourth straight defeat, having conceded 15 goals along the way.

Weary sections of the home support met the full-time whistle with jeers and the defeat means the Cottagers' remain 18th and in the relegation zone.

Meanwhile, Eddie Howe's men stay sixth and have closed the gap on Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham - the teams above them - to one point.

The home side did have their moments, but mustered just a single effort on target, which came when Andre Schurrle stung the palms of Asmir Begovic from outside the box after Bournemouth's opener.

Aboubakar Kamara and Denis Odoi went wide with headed efforts as Fulham tried to find a way back, but when Wilson set Fraser away to set up the second goal, it was effectively game over.

Moments later, a sloppy pass from Odoi saw goalscorer Brooks intercept before McDonald brought him down to earn a second yellow from referee Andre Marriner.

Kamara, who often cut a frustrated figure, could have joined McDonald when he kicked the ball away when on a yellow, but he was given a reprieve.

However, it was little help to Fulham's cause. Bournemouth completed the victory when Fraser fed Wilson in space before the Englishman struck his fifth goal of the season.

Woe and worry for Fulham

Fulham have conceded 28 goals in 10 Premier League games this season

In many respects, Bournemouth are the template that promoted Premier League sides would like to copy - exciting to watch and watertight at the back.

At times, Fulham fulfilled the first part - but their porous defence stands to prohibit their chances of remaining in the top flight next season.

Having conceded four in defeat to fellow strugglers Cardiff last time out, Jokanovic appeared to go back to basics with a 4-4-1-1 formation. But from the outset, the visitors stifled any attempt at game management from the home side.

It can't help confidence that Fulham are the only side to have conceded in every league game this season.

But just as Cardiff's purposeful start rattled the Cottagers last week, so too did Bournemouth's this time. When Wilson was felled, there were no appeals against the penalty decision and a sense of inevitability crept in.

That mood that was briefly lifted by captain Tom Cairney's return as a substitute on the hour after two months out injured, but when Brooks added a second the point of no return was reached.

Jokanovic said before this game that "seasons are full of good and less good afternoons" - and it's becoming easy to forget that this is a club who enjoyed the ultimate high of winning a Championship play-off final just a few months ago.

If the Londoners can't stop the rot at Huddersfield on Monday week, though, the questions about how many more afternoons Jokanovic will see as Fulham boss will intensify.

Bournemouth in bloom
It is probably fair to assume that Sunday's papers will focus on forlorn Fulham, rather than Howe's buoyant Bournemouth.

Perhaps just as well then, that the visitors' and their 2,500-or-so-strong support made sure to come together and savour this result at the final whistle.

The Cherries are now in esteemed company at the top of the table, just behind the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham who play on Sunday.

On showings like this, it feels patronising to say Howe's side are greater than the sum of their parts, but even without the injured Joshua King, this was a professional job well done - and evidence that their league position is merited.

In attack, their front men are potent, with Wilson stating afterwards his belief that Bournemouth are "flourishing" this season.

The sweeping nature of their two goals from counter-attacks in the second half served as a case in point, while in defence they have now kept three consecutive clean sheets in the Premier League for just the second time.

If Howe's side can play in the same way against Jose Mourinho's Manchester United a week from now, aspirations of a tilt at qualifying for European football in 2019-20 will start to feel far from fanciful.

Man of the match - Callum Wilson (Bournemouth)

'I'm not thinking about my future' - what they said

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic: "We have enough quality to score but we can't find a way to find a clean sheet. The Premier League is tough not just for us but for many clubs. We are making expensive mistakes.

"I am not thinking about my future. I will be ready for the next challenge. I am living my present and that is today a very hard defeat. I must be brave and keep going and encourage my team."

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe: "We knew it would be tough against a good side. They have good players who can hurt you.

"We were defensively very good. It was a better performance than the Watford one [a 4-0 away win] where we also played well and got a lot of plaudits."

Success at both ends for Bournemouth - the stats

Fulham have lost four consecutive league games for the first time since August 2014, when they were in the Championship.
    Bournemouth have won four of their last six away games in the Premier League (L2), as many as they had in their previous 27 away trips in the competition.
    Fulham have conceded 28 goals in the Premier League this term, the joint-most after 10 games in the division's history (tied with Barnsley in 1997-98 and Southampton in 2012-13).
    Bournemouth have won six penalties in the Premier League this season (5 scored), already twice as many as they did in the whole of the 2017-18 campaign (3 won, 3 scored).
    Callum Wilson has been directly involved in 10 goals in his last 11 appearances in the Premier League (six goals and four assists).
    Bournemouth midfielder David Brooks has scored three goals in his last four league appearances, as many as he had in his previous 35.
    Bournemouth have kept three consecutive clean sheets in the Premier League for just the second time, last doing so in November 2017.

What's next?

Both sides feature in next week's fourth round of the EFL Cup, with Bournemouth hosting Championship club Norwich City on Tuesday, 30 October (19:45 GMT) and Fulham on the road at Manchester City on Thursday, 1 November (19:45).

The Cherries then welcome Manchester United in the early Premier League kick-off on Saturday, 3 November (12:30), with the Cottagers next in league action away at Huddersfield on Monday, 5 November (20:00).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45924057

WhiteJC

Head Coach Reaction

Slaviša Jokanović was left frustrated by his side's defensive mistakes, as Fulham lost 3-0 to AFC Bournemouth at Craven Cottage.

A Callum Wilson double and a goal from David Brooks condemned the Whites to a fourth consecutive defeat.

"First of all, we are disappointed after this kind of defeat," the Head Coach admitted.     

"My team tried to follow the plan, tried to be organised defensively and waited for their chance. We started well, but we made one costly mistake and they punished us from the penalty spot."

"In our best moment, where we started to play better and started to become a little bit more dangerous, we made another mistake and they made it complicated for us. After the sending off, we weren't available to comeback.

"I've worked here for three years. I know these players. The Premier League is a different level. I missed a little bit of power, speed and solidarity. It's the highest level of football in this country and these mistakes are costly - we concede too many easy goals.   

"In the midfield, I missed a little bit of power. They didn't give us space for combinations. In some moments, we didn't press with enough speed and energy, which we need at this level.   

"It's natural for nobody to be happy, whether it's me, the players or the supporters.   

"I must stay calm and trust my players. We must work hard to find a way to fix all of our problems and try and eliminate individual mistakes.     

"The Premier League isn't just a tough league for us, it's difficult for many other teams as well. We all know we have to braver and more organised in order to win the games ahead of us.   

"Bournemouth won more challenges than us and were quicker, they all played well together, as a team.   

"I know it's a new level for some of these players and I am also trying to adapt myself to this tough league. We are in a similar situation to last season and we must find a solution to all of our problems soon."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/october/27/head-coach-reaction-bournemouth

WhiteJC

Fulham 0-3 Bournemouth: Callum Wilson grabs double either side of David Brooks' strike and Kevin McDonald receives his marching orders late on as pressure mounts on Slavisa Jokanovic

Fulham slipped to their fourth defeat in five Premier League games at home to in-form Bournemouth
    Callum Wilson opened the scoring from the spot early on after a clumsy tackle from Timothy Fosu-Mensah
    The impressive David Brooks doubled the Cherries' lead in the second-half from a sweeping counter-attack
    Fulham's misery was compounded when Kevin McDonald was sent-off for a second yellow shortly after
    Wilson added a late third to leave under pressure Whites boss Slavisa Jokanovic looking over his shoulder
    The defeat leaves Jokanovic's side languishing in the bottom three of the table after 10 matches

The man up above is saying kind things in public about his employee, but make no mistake, these are hairy times indeed for Slavisa Jokanovic.

Even if Shahid Khan is good to his word in backing him, performances and results like this have a nasty habit of inspiring rewrites.

It was a bit of a shambles, really. Not in its entirety because between Callum Wilson's opener on 14 minutes and David Brooks' strike midway through the second half, Fulham were decent. Competitive, even.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6323769/Fulham-0-3-Bournemouth-Callum-Wilson-grabs-double-pressure-mounts-Slavisa-Jokanovic.html

WhiteJC

Fulham player ratings: Clinical AFC Bournemouth put Cottagers to the sword

Fulham lost 3-0 to AFC Bournemouth thanks to two goals from Callum Wilson and one from David Brooks

AFC Bournemouth clinically dispatched Fulham at Craven Cottage as the side's Premier League woes continue with a 2-0 defeat to Eddie Howe's men.

Fulham had started the game well but found themselves a goal down after Timothy Fosu-Mensah's clumsy foul on Callum Wilson in the box - he stepped up and put the penalty down the middle after 15 minutes.

The home side had a few chances of note, with Denis Odoi's header the closest they came, while Wilson could have had a second when he powered his header over Sergio Rico's bar.

The home side could've played all day and never scored - but the same couldn't be said about a clinical Bournemouth side who got their second through David Brooks when they pounced on Jean-Michael Seri, who was slow recycling possession, with the Bournemouth man eventually slotting it through Rico's legs.

Things went from bad to worse for Fulham when Kevin McDonald was sent off for his second yellow card after Odoi's sloppy pass was picked up by Brooks, with the Scotsman taking him down.

Wilson made sure the game was well and truly put to bed when Ryan Fraser sliced open Ryan Sessegnon and Tim Ream, with the Bournemouth man smashing past Rico.

Here's how we rated the side:

Sergio Rico - 5

Looked comfortable with the ball at his feet and came for crosses well. Made a great save to deny Simon Francis a wondergoal.

Timothy Fosu-Mensah - 5

Clumsy challenge on Wilson to give away the penalty. Did a decent job of getting forward, but like most of his side, couldn't do anything in the final third. Had a good second half, however, and looked strong on the ball.

Tim Ream - 5

A couple of nervy moments but a decent first half from the American. Moved the ball well but was opened up, along with McDonald, for the second goal through a nice Fraser pass.

Denis Odoi - 4

A decent first half gave way to some sloppy moments in the second, and it was his loose pass to McDonald that saw the midfielder pick up his second yellow.

Maxime Le Marchand - 4

His delivery into the box was poor and not the service his front men required. Defended reasonably well but was subbed at 59 minutes for Tom Cairney.

Jean-Michael Seri - 4

Had a few nice touches and played some probing passes, but really struggled to do anything for Fulham in the final third. Looked much better with Cairney next to him as he was allowed to get further forward without worrying about linking play. Was caught in possession which led to the Bournemouth goal.

Kevin McDonald - 5

Sat deeper than he did last week to cut the gap between the back four and midfield that had become a huge problem in recent weeks. Was sent off after Odoi's mistake.

Ryan Sessegnon - 4

Saw some action down the left in the first half but struggled to beat his man. Didn't have any impact in the second half as he was phased out by Bournemouth's defence.

Aboubakar Kamara - 3

A strange performance from Kamara - he didn't do much with the ball going forward and spent more time rolling about on the floor. His second half performance saw him get the ball in good areas, but poor decision making cost the side.

Andre Schurrle - 4

Had a decent effort saved but his final ball and decision making was poor. His performance fizzled out and he barely had any touch of the ball in the second half.

Aleksandar Mitrovic - 4

Started the game well and looked to get involved defensively - tracking back to break up attacks. Found himself isolated for long periods of the game.

Substitutes

Tom Cairney - 5

Saw lots of the ball after coming on and Fulham did look better for it, but Bournemouth became more compact to cut out space.

Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa - 4

Looked so far off the pace despite coming on with just ten minutes left in the game.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulham-player-ratings-clinical-afc-15337050

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic press conference: Everything Fulham boss had to say after Bournemouth defeat

Read everything the head coach had to say after the 3-0 defeat to Bournemouth this afternoon

Assessment of defeat?

"After this kind of defeat we must be disappointed like our supporters too.

"We tried the way to be more solid and more organised to not concede so many goals.

"I cannot complain about how my players tried to follow the plan, we were working all this week to try stop conceding easy goals.

"We tried to find better distance between lines and players, try working altogether.

"To be honest, once more the opponent team scored easy goals against us, we made one mistake at the beginning of the game without needing to do something like this after 10 minutes where we are fresh enough to be focused and concentrated to not make these mistakes.

"They punished us, the team tried to stick with the plan, be organised and waiting for the chance, but in our best moment for the game we made other mistakes.

"We lost one challenge, we won the game, we lost the game, we wont the game, we lost the game, they scored easy second goal and started to be really complicated for us after the sending off and they scored the third goal and we didn't have the power to come back."

Penalty decision?

"I don't need to complain about this, penalty was easy and we must control better this situation in this moment where we are fresh and not moment to make this mistake.

"I cannot complain about the referee, we make 16 fouls, they make three I didn't have this sensation in the game but I will repeat, I cannot complain."

How do you turn it around?

"Working - we keep going forward, being brave, support each other, we tried to do something and tried to show different attitudes and tried sticking altogether and be organised and we tried working off the ball with many players, but we conceded easy goals.

"From my position, I miss the power, strength, speed.

"Bournemouth were not an easy game - they offer one professional performance and are working together and were more solid, organised and they punished us after many challenges where we weren't at a good level.

"This is Premier League, everything is faster, more power, more strength, we need to adapt ourselves for this situation.

"I don't need to talk about individual mistake, we need to try make organisation and if somebody makes mistakes, we pay the expensive price, but the second goal we lost three challenges and didn't defend good enough and they score the goals.

"We must be 100% concentrated to cut this out."

Not yet played same back four for two games in a row, struggling to find combination?

"I don't change so much when we compare to last game. I didn't use Timothy Fosu-Mensah against Cardiff, I make the decision not to use Cyrus Christie because he played two games for national team, I played with Chambers at right back, but today I made one change in defensive line, if you don't start talking about injured players and defensive players, one thing or another thing.

"I can make one time more some kind of the change, but we need to be calm and accept our mistakes and try find the solution.

"We try to be more organised today, but what time more, the mistake killed us.

"This level is really hard and tough, not just for Fulham but for a few teams in the Premier League, it's highest level in England and it's different pace, different strengths and it's my sensation was that I need more energy, more aggression, more sprint in the midfield.

We move around, but we were one step behind them and they were more strong and faster and during the game the result is fair."

Squad surprised by difference from Championship to Premier League?

"It's not question about being surprised, it's question about doing everything to make one step forward, we are fighting for this level and we know before we started competing it will be hard, but everything is in our hands and everything depends on us, solution is between us.

"It's hard for me, for the people and board of the club, our supporters and my players too.

"But the solution is here around us and we must be brave, keep going forward and force ourselves to make this step."

Sergio Rico in goal - thinking behind that?

"There were some mistakes in front of him, we will make him unsatisfied with his debut in the Premier League.

"From my position and observation, he was quiet and made one good save but in two different situations where we conceded, he can do something more but I cannot complain about him and I have in my hands good keepers but right now we are not supporting them and helping them enough."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/slavisa-jokanovic-press-conference-everything-15338192

WhiteJC

Fulham equal unwanted Premier League record but Cairney backs Jokanovic

Fulham have conceded 28 goals in 10 Premier League games, but Tom Cairney says the team are behind head coach Slavisa Jokanovic.

Under-pressure head coach Slavisa Jokanovic has received backing from midfielder Tom Cairney after Fulham equalled a Premier League record for goals conceded.

A 3-0 defeat at home to in-form Bournemouth on Saturday, in which captain Kevin McDonald was sent off, means Fulham have shipped 28 goals in 10 fixtures after their return to the top flight.

No team has ever conceded more in the first 10 games of a Premier League season, with Jokanovic's side levelling the poor records of Barnsley (1997-98) and Southampton (2012-13).

Fulham spent approximately £100million on players in the transfer window but four straight Premier League defeats has heightened scrutiny of the Serbian's position.

Cairney, though, is backing Jokanovic to turn it around for Fulham, who are 18th with the division's joint-worst goal difference.

"We tried to go back to basics and keep it simple at the start. They edged it first half," Cairney said to reporters.

"At 1-0 there was only one team going to get back in it and we made a mistake. We have conceded too many goals. We tried to take something away from the creativity and keep the ball out of our net, but it didn't work.

"Bournemouth have been in the Premier League a long time. We are still trying to find our feet. We have to stick together and believe we have enough in the dressing room.

"This is the hardest league in the world. We knew it would be difficult. We are all together. The manager is here for us and we are here for him."

Callum Wilson scored two of high-flying Bournemouth's goals and was delighted to make it back-to-back away wins following a 4-0 triumph at Watford on October 6.

"We tried to change to take advantage of Fulham," said Wilson. "We are flourishing and took the three points.

"We are getting better at counter-attacking teams as you saw with the second goal. Being clinical is the main thing."

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/fulham-equal-unwanted-premier-league-record-cairney-backs-jokanovic#xBzP7P6ZBg1vj07e.99

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic says Fulham need to be brave to turn things around

Slavisa Jokanovic insists he can turn Fulham's fortunes around despite seeing them suffer a 3-0 defeat at home to Bournemouth.

Two Callum Wilson goals, either side of a David Brooks strike, earned the Cherries the three points at Craven Cottage, while Fulham also had Kevin McDonald sent off.

The loss leaves the Londoners in the Premier League relegation zone with just one win this season, but boss Jokanovic has called on his players to be brave in order to improve their form.

"I am confident in myself always," Jokanovic said. "I am working here three years, I know very well the players I have in my hand.

"This is hard work, this is not easy for me, for the team. We need to be brave, we need to push forward, play better football and to win the games."

The three Bournemouth goals on Saturday mean Fulham have now conceded 28 times this season, five more than any other Premier League side.

Jokanovic says he tried to make the team more defensively-minded against the Cherries but they were undone when Timothy Fosu-Mensah gave away a penalty to allow Wilson to score the opener.

"We tried to be a little bit more solid, more organised," he said. "At the end where we started to play better football in the second half we tried to take possession of the football and try to push, the second goal definitely killed us.

"Then the sensation is we missed a little bit of strength, a little bit of the energy and being more aggressive."

Fulham sit in 18th place in the table but Jokanovic says things can change.

"At the moment this Premier League is hard for us, it's different pace, different strengths and at the end we missed a little of the energy and the aggression in the midfield area and we paid an expensive price," he said.

"We have to keep going, working hard and adapt ourselves.

"It is not easy for us, it is not easy for another team too. We must be brave, we must keep going. I cannot complain about the team and the gameplan, the players stuck to the plan and we tried to find players."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11537641/fulham-needed-to-be-brave-to-turn-things-around-say-slavisa-jokanovic

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Full Time - Fulham vs. Bournemouth
Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

In this episode, we shared our "initial reactions" to Fulham's horrible 3-0 loss to Bournemouth. Co-host Emilio Di Nello was at the match, and shared his frustrations shortly after it ended.

Just a reminder that Cottage Talk Full Time, will be recorded after each match, and this will be followed up by the Cottage Talk Post Match Show which will be recorded the next day.

You can also listen to the show here...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2018/10/27/18032470/cottage-talk-full-time-fulham-vs-bournemouth

WhiteJC

Jokanovic again insists he can turn things around at Fulham

Slavisa Jokanovic again insisted he can find "the solution" to Fulham's woes after a 3-0 defeat at home to Bournemouth made it four consecutive losses, with 15 goals conceded in the process.

The Whites, who had Kevin McDonald sent off late on, barely threatened their opponents.

The defeat came after owner Shahid Khan, who was watching from the stands, denied reports that Jokanovic could soon face the sack if their dismal run continued.

Head coach Jokanovic, who said he could "find the solution" after last weekend's 4-2 loss at Cardiff this time said: "It's hard for me, the board, the supporters and the players, but the solution is here.

"We must be brave and force ourselves to make steps forward. We are fighting to be at this level.

"We knew it it was going to be hard and now everything depends on us. The solution is between us.

"We must keep working and support each other. We must find the solution to individual mistakes and concentrate on cutting out these situations."

Fulham appeared to be defending better than they had in heavy recent defeats to Everton, Arsenal and Cardiff but the returning Timothy Fosu-Mensah gave away a penalty and McDonald was dismissed for two yellow cards.

"We tried to be more compact and organised today but the individual mistakes killed us.", Jokanovic said.

"At this level it's really hard not only for us but a few teams. It's the highest level and there's a different pace, different strengths.

"They were always one step ahead of us; a little bit faster, a little bit stronger, and at the end then result is completely fair."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-jokanovic-again-insists-he-can-turn-things-around-fulham

WhiteJC

Match of the Day pundit Jermaine Jenas calls on Fulham star to be banned for three games

Former Tottenham man was less than impressed with the frontman's antics

Jermaine Jenas has called on the Football Association to take action over divers.

The former Tottenham and Newcastle United midfielder was in the Match of the Day studio and was disgusted with what he witness during the Fulham versus Bournemouth game.

After Bournemouth opened the scoring from the penalty spot, Aboubakar Kamara went down under a challenge from Asmir Begovic at the other end, trying to earn his side a spot-kick.

The only thing he earned though, was a yellow card, for simulation, with the replays showing he threw himself to the floor with no contact from the Cherries keeper whatsoever.

Jenas believes Kamara, and others, should not be booked, but should be banned instead.

He said: "We're just a bit sick of it now, this whole thing. We've said it a million times on this show, I think we all have as pundits, they get a yellow card and that takes away the action of being able to ban a player.

"If you're going to kick it out ban him for three games and then it stops."

Jenas also had some strong words for the frontman after he kicked the ball away petulantly late on and was lucky not to be sent off.

Jenas added: "This was quite potent for me. When you're already on a yellow card this screams indiscipline to me, is this something that's infiltrating the team? Is this why they're conceding so many goals because this can't be happening.

"When your team's struggling already and you're kicking the ball away looking to get sent off, it was poor."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/match-day-pundit-jermaine-jenas-15338911