watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

God Help Us...Surely Not Him.

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 09, 2018, 07:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Paddy Power have taken substantial bets  late last night on Steve Bruce to become the next Fulham manager.
From nowhere in the betting,the firm have now installed him as 5/2 fav,pushing Moyes,Allardyce and Coleman out in the betting.
Are they making a false market,or are certain people in the know?....God help us if true.😱

Mince n Tatties

Mind you,this is the same firm going 175/1 Bobby Zamora.... lol

KJS

Well if Bruce was appointed it would save me a fortune in Petrol because I would not be at the Cottage again all the time he was there! :031:

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: KJS on November 09, 2018, 07:32:40 AM
Well if Bruce was appointed it would save me a fortune in Petrol because I would not be at the Cottage again all the time he was there! :031:

And my train fares.

hovewhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 09, 2018, 07:48:02 AM
Quote from: KJS on November 09, 2018, 07:32:40 AM

And my train fares.
a team in his image,owing to price hikes by the club I'm done after this season with Bruce it will be a blessing!

Jamie88

They also had Curbishley at 100/1  :005:

HV71

What more motivation could the players possibly need than this list ?

Mince n Tatties

Paddy Power chap on talkshite saying they took 2 large bets that would take out three noughts sums of money.
I should think its a punter with money to burn taking the chance on Bruce..22/1 and 14/1the bets were laid at.........

Dodger53

Some are saying Parker being lined up - god help us if that were true!

Buffalo76

I'd rather Bruce over Parker. But ideally I don't want Bruce in the 1st place. Get Ranieri in. Doubt Khan will go after someone whose currently at another club.
That's it and that's all.

Jem

:dft001:
Quote from: HV71 on November 09, 2018, 08:19:31 AM
What more motivation could the players possibly need than this list ?
It's OK for the players, they can get transferred out but we are stuck here  :dft001:
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Mince n Tatties

The wife says can she have 50p on Bobby at 175/1...lol

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Dodger53 on November 09, 2018, 08:41:09 AM
Some are saying Parker being lined up - god help us if that were true!

Wouldn't mind seeing this in the long term, once he's learned how to coach have an effect on people

Robbie

Bruce would be good, surely?     He did OK at Wigan, Sunderland and Hull ....   I think he is good at shaping and managing difficult squads in the PL.

We need a manager who is going to bang some heads together and inject some on-field discipline. 

Parker would be a Rene M. style mistake.

the nutflush

Isn't he still moaning that Fred should have been sent off?

KJS

Quote from: Robbie on November 09, 2018, 09:37:16 AM
Bruce would be good, surely?     He did OK at Wigan, Sunderland and Hull ....   I think he is good at shaping and managing difficult squads in the PL.

We need a manager who is going to bang some heads together and inject some on-field discipline. 

Parker would be a Rene M. style mistake.

Totally agree about Parker but definitely do not want Steve Bruce he is not the answer

BedsFFC

If I had to choose a manager based on last couple of year's results and performances, after much deliberation, I'd choose Slavisa Jokanovic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 09, 2018, 08:38:17 AM
Paddy Power chap on talkshite saying they took 2 large bets that would take out three noughts sums of money.
I should think its a punter with money to burn taking the chance on Bruce..22/1 and 14/1the bets were laid at.........

Craig Kline May have placed the bet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

We could always do a Burnley and keep Joka this season and next whether we stay up or go down!? Just saying.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Lighthouse

I want the club to do well. I really don't know enough about managers and coaches to comment. I do know that I will always support the club. But agree with the huge ticket prices fans have the right to save a bit of money if they so choose. But if our present coach cannot stop the rot. If, as many do, blame everything on the players. Then it really doesn't matter who is in charge.

But wouldn't it be good to see a Fulham side stride out against Liverpool. Put all the effort in and look like a proper team who knows what they are doing. Who cares if we fail. Let's see a bit of solid team work. Clever tactics using our strengths. Despite the rumours we do have them. Then we really wont care about new managers as Joka will stay. Otherwise any more utter confusion will get us all repeating the same things next week.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope