watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

God Help Us...Surely Not Him.

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 09, 2018, 07:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

I agree Lighthouse, if we lose most games this season and go down so be it. But as long as we have given it a fair go at all levels.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

KJS

Quote from: BedsFFC on November 09, 2018, 09:59:48 AM
If I had to choose a manager based on last couple of year's results and performances, after much deliberation, I'd choose Slavisa Jokanovic

I would agree if we were still in the Championship but he looks out of his depth in the top league

Berserker

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 09, 2018, 08:38:17 AM
Paddy Power chap on talkshite saying they took 2 large bets that would take out three noughts sums of money.
I should think its a punter with money to burn taking the chance on Bruce..22/1 and 14/1the bets were laid at.........
If it is two big bets it could be a insider that knows something. When betting is suspended we will know the sacking is imminent

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Kent Cassandra

We have a squad of players with potential who are capable but not performing, We have a coach who also has great potential but who cannot seem at the moment to manage the team to win games. I believe there is a solution to be found  and we should be patient and persevere. I agree with what lighthouse is saying that we are being beaten by worse teams than us because they are compensating for their lack of technique by working together to stop us playing and busting a gut doing it. I think changing the manager at the moment especially with the names mentioned would not get the result that we desire.  Also I agree that we as fans have no insider knowledge and I have to be sceptical about rumours and people who say they are in the know.  It would be great for us fans if there was more transparency but that is never going to happen.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Holders

However you look at it, it would be ironic if he took over the team that beat him in the play-off. So long as he doesn't sign that cheating little so and so.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

alfie

Could we benefit with a new manager, some say it's the same group of players so what would change.
Well as we know there is clearly an issue with regards to tactics and motivations, so how would that change.
A new coach will come with different ideas, maybe play players Slavisa seems to have issues with,
Different tactics and game plans, he would also not have the problem trying to appease players from last year, (if that is an issue) a new manager would just see a squad of players in front of him, personally I think a new manager would pick who he thinks is the best set up and stick with them, not changing the team from game to game.
Unfortunately none of us have a crystal ball So have no idea on anything just opinions.

I think it is getting a bit boring now with 101 supporters suggesting team selections, new managers, none of what is said is going to make the slightest bit of difference, every thread including mine saying the same things day after day, but everyone has their right to do.
I am now of the opinion that "what will be will be".

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on November 09, 2018, 12:59:37 PM
However you look at it, it would be ironic if he took over the team that beat him in the play-off. So long as he doesn't sign that cheating little so and so.

I cannot see him signing Luis Suarez.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

TC's Sporran

Compare and contrast expectations from Huddersfield town fans re their team and manager to ours.
They hadn't won for 6 months? and were still right behind their manager.

We've not played a dozen games but want a new manager?

Ok 100 mill compared to their 50 mill on signings can say a lot for expectations but remember 10 mill buys you nowt special.
The mentality here seems to be we should be rubbing shoulders with the elite and the managers head should roll.

Relegation might not be too bad a thing, the payments from this season plus parachute payments next season should virtually ensure auto promotion especially if a manager is at the helm who knows how to gain promo to the premier league ie jokanovic

How many games do we realistically expect to win in the prem? No way are we gonna finish top ten or even mid table without luck shrewd transfers and a clued up manager at this level.
Plus the way we play opens us up a bit to classier teams who can pick us off almost at will.

The Bolton/Stoke model works but fans soon tire of dreary anti football.

So I say accept relegation could be a possibility, and stick with the manager and only next season, if we are struggling to return think about replacing him.

Relegation sometimes allows teams to come back stronger and more prepared and if we can resist the panic button and think more long term I reckon that would be the way forward.

Unless Khan is prepared to bankroll a new manager with another hundred plus million to stay up then I say stop panicking, lower your sights but raise your aim, raise your aim, who broke your heart, you did you did

oops sorry couldn't resist that - ABC on the radio.

Nero

Quote from: TC's Sporran on November 09, 2018, 02:24:53 PM
Compare and contrast expectations from Huddersfield town fans re their team and manager to ours.
They hadn't won for 6 months? and were still right behind their manager.

We've not played a dozen games but want a new manager?

Ok 100 mill compared to their 50 mill on signings can say a lot for expectations but remember 10 mill buys you nowt special.
The mentality here seems to be we should be rubbing shoulders with the elite and the managers head should roll.

Relegation might not be too bad a thing, the payments from this season plus parachute payments next season should virtually ensure auto promotion especially if a manager is at the helm who knows how to gain promo to the premier league ie jokanovic

How many games do we realistically expect to win in the prem? No way are we gonna finish top ten or even mid table without luck shrewd transfers and a clued up manager at this level.
Plus the way we play opens us up a bit to classier teams who can pick us off almost at will.

The Bolton/Stoke model works but fans soon tire of dreary anti football.

So I say accept relegation could be a possibility, and stick with the manager and only next season, if we are struggling to return think about replacing him.

Relegation sometimes allows teams to come back stronger and more prepared and if we can resist the panic button and think more long term I reckon that would be the way forward.

Unless Khan is prepared to bankroll a new manager with another hundred plus million to stay up then I say stop panicking, lower your sights but raise your aim, raise your aim, who broke your heart, you did you did

oops sorry couldn't resist that - ABC on the radio.

They probably arent complaining as they know their team is up against it and giving it a go and not being beaten by 3 goals every week and love the manager as he keep them up last year and have some faith in him, us on the other hand look clueless no fight no cohesion we are showing nothing the manager looks lost on the sidelines says the same thing after every defeat but we see no improvements just another roll of the dice with the back 5.

The mentality isnt we should be pushing for the top 6 the reality is we should just be competing, we look lost a rudderless ship that what people arent happy about the lack of any competitiveness by the team, the lack of organisation, the lack of seeing where the next win is going to come from. The mentality of Joka got us up so let him stand and watch us rapidly head back to the championship is the worrying mentality people would be a lot happier if we where bottom and could see some hope at the moment we cant.   

And as for going down may be good what are you on about weve been down weve just come back up and now you want us to go straight back down again you are joking arent you

filham

Moyes, Bruce and Big Sam, all have good track records and I for one would be happy with any of them. We would know what we are going to get and they would field a team that would be clear about tactics and would give 100%

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 09, 2018, 08:51:57 AM
The wife says can she have 50p on Bobby at 175/1...lol

I'd rather put my 50p on your missus taking over than most of the names put forward on here Mince..

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Vinnieffc on November 09, 2018, 03:55:34 PM

I'd rather put my 50p on your missus taking over than most of the names put forward on here Mince..

She'd install some discipline that's for sure,she keeps me in my place,bless her.😂

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 09, 2018, 04:34:33 PM

She'd install some discipline that's for sure,she keeps me in my place,bless her.😂

Is that place you speak about, your Garden Shed, modelled on the old Shed at Stamford Bridge Mince ?

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 09, 2018, 10:40:30 PM

Is that place you speak about, your Garden Shed, modelled on the old Shed at Stamford Bridge Mince ?

It is old,I was cleaning garden tools in there the other week and found an old copy of the "News of the World", we beat Cambridge Utd on that weekend.
Shed is divided into two,with my armchair at the back,old programmes and hidden bottle of brandy(don't tell her indoors)..Sheds are great everyone should have one to escape to when your getting if in the ear.😂

Mince n Tatties

Now they have the Tinkerman new fav at 12/5 with Alan Pardew 3/1 and Bruce out to 7/1...Hilarious.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 10, 2018, 07:01:20 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 09, 2018, 10:40:30 PM

It is old,I was cleaning garden tools in there the other week and found an old copy of the "News of the World", we beat Cambridge Utd on that weekend.
Shed is divided into two,with my armchair at the back,old programmes and hidden bottle of brandy(don't tell her indoors)..Sheds are great everyone should have one to escape to when your getting if in the ear.😂

Yes I agree, it should be mandatory and compulsory for every bloke to have a Shed, I often hide in there just to avoid the wife when she won't stop nagging.
It enables me to hide all sorts of stuff in there, like my favourite Bazooka, a Flame Thrower and my Girlfriend.

Never forget your Roots.

Asotosyios

TC's Sporran

And as for going down may be good what are you on about weve been down weve just come back up and now you want us to go straight back down again you are joking arent you

no of course I don't want us to go straight back down
im saying it mkight not be as bad a thing as everyone thinks?
recently Newcastle Cardiff and hull off the top of my head got relegated and went straight back up
invariably relegated premier teams are the bookies faves the next season for promotion

imagine if last season joka had had another 140 million to spend?

cant you see with the hundreds of millions, if invested properly you can come back stronger?

ive seen loads of clubs going for bust throwing money at it they can ill afford, trying to stay up and failing and then dropping like a stone in dire financial straits

ive also seen lots of clubs yo-yo

relegation doesn't have to be the end of the world and a strategy based around relegation can prove to be more successful than trigger happy short term panic appointments/buys  that fail to work leaving you even deeper in the mire

btw the premier league isn't the promised land its made out to be

its a competition realistically for 3 or 4 teams with the rest just making up the numbers

who can see another Leicester in the near future?

i'd sooner see a successful season like last year every now and then (that can only happen in the championship)  and put up with the sightseeing in the premier league but keep my feet firmly on the ground and not get starstruck demading heads roll should we fail to compete.

football and its fans are crazy

Ranieri getting sacked shortly after winning the league shows there is no loyalty and would be the same in my eyes as sacking Joka.

TC's Sporran

mention of the sacking and ranieri in the same post

spooky

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on November 09, 2018, 10:13:36 AM
We could always do a Burnley and keep Joka this season and next whether we stay up or go down!? Just saying.

I agree but the £100m meant that the club have to stay up and that the pressure was on! Burnley never spent that much and thus all Dyche had to do was keep them up or take them back up after relegation.

Now it's time to get behind the next manager.....