more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Liverpool fans

Started by terryr, November 11, 2018, 07:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

I can't bring myself to do a post match "view from"

The gloating, self justification and disrespect is nauseating.

I honestly hope that no matter what happens between now and then we beat them at the cottage and mess up their title race.
I truly hate Liverpool and their smug " our reaction to their offside goal was amazing" manager.
I hope they all choke on the bile of their crappy wannabe aspirations when city, Chelsea and United crush them at the end of the season.
I haven't been this angry in a while

Nick Bateman

One empathises with that sentiment.  Forgive the scousers for their brief moment in the sunshine.  Most of their supporters are out-of-work stealing hubcaps to earn a shilling!  They cannot afford to bathe regularly and have ratatouille made from real rats.

They are envious of our lifestyle in West London, as they should be - who would wish to live in a destitute, rundown, miserable, sodden, grey city like Liverpool?
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Nick Bateman on November 11, 2018, 08:00:29 PM
One empathises with that sentiment.  Forgive the scousers for their brief moment in the sunshine.  Most of their supporters are out-of-work stealing hubcaps to earn a shilling!  They cannot afford to bathe regularly and have ratatouille made from real rats.

They are envious of our lifestyle in West London, as they should be - who would wish to live in a destitute, rundown, miserable, sodden, grey city like Liverpool?
Bit classist. Not everyone is as fortunate as everyone else.

Luka

Quote from: TerryR on November 11, 2018, 07:52:30 PM
I can't bring myself to do a post match "view from"

The gloating, self justification and disrespect is nauseating.

I honestly hope that no matter what happens between now and then we beat them at the cottage and mess up their title race.
I truly hate Liverpool and their smug " our reaction to their offside goal was amazing" manager.
I hope they all choke on the bile of their crappy wannabe aspirations when city, Chelsea and United crush them at the end of the season.
I haven't been this angry in a while

Post it....Warts and all.
It'll be a motivational read for the players.

Bill2

I have always thought they are the most arrogant of fans bearing in mind a lot of them would be hard to find Liverpool on a map. A little humility would not go amiss and admit that they got away with one today.

terryr

Ya
I wouldn't go after Liverpool or the people there generally
It's the fans on their forum and you tube who wind me up.
Can't say I'm a fan of the "grim up north, anti scouser" generalities .
Painting with a broad brush is a sign of ivory tower self satisfaction which is never the sign of genuine confidence and more likely the result of pathetic insecurity.
Just my view anyway.
I've met good and bad everywhere including living in Fulham.
Smug attitudes based on income is even worse than the smug football fan attitudes that originally wound me up.
Your on your own on this one Nick.

Wingnut

Have to agree TerryR. I really like the city and the people. Went up to Goodison earlier on this season and they really have done a fantastic job on the centre of the city. Liverpool fans are hard work though. They do have this ridiculous sense of entitlement, which is supported to the hilt by the media. Despite massive investment, they've won little of note in a decade. Also, was told by some of my chums in the financial world that their current owners are looking to sell up. Think they may have had enough. They'll make a tidy profit on that venture, given the manner in which they acquired the club.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: TerryR on November 11, 2018, 08:11:24 PM
Ya
I wouldn't go after Liverpool or the people there generally
It's the fans on their forum and you tube who wind me up.
Can't say I'm a fan of the "grim up north, anti scouser" generalities .
Painting with a broad brush is a sign of ivory tower self satisfaction which is never the sign of genuine confidence and more likely the result of pathetic insecurity.
Just my view anyway.
I've met good and bad everywhere including living in Fulham.
Smug attitudes based on income is even worse than the smug football fan attitudes that originally wound me up.
Your on your own on this one Nick.

Allow us to laugh at their predicament while they gloat at us.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

One James stannard

I was there today and I can confirm that the majority of Liverpool supporters I came across were bloody horrible.

I hope they have no success for a very long time 

Wingnut

Quote from: One James stannard on November 11, 2018, 08:44:48 PM
I was there today and I can confirm that the majority of Liverpool supporters I came across were bloody horrible.

Care to expand? Stopped going to Anfield many years ago because it's a tourist trap. It's worse than OT and Arsenal.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

JoelH5

Yep. It's a poor ground. I remember the first time I went I was shocked how quiet it was. I expected it to be super loud but the atmosphere was pathetic
I was there, standing in the Putney end

I Ronic

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 11, 2018, 09:46:40 PM
Yep. It's a poor ground. I remember the first time I went I was shocked how quiet it was. I expected it to be super loud but the atmosphere was pathetic

Funny you should mention that. I flicked between 5 aloathe and GJ during the game. Greeny said Anfield was so quite because of the ridiculous kick off time?  Couldn't believe my ears

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 11, 2018, 09:46:40 PM

I went there when we drew 0 0, Roy was Manager, and Danny Murphy and Jimmy Bullard were Centre Midfield, and we thoroughly deserved the draw.
But one thing I shall always remember was how quiet it was, like a graveyard, they only sing when their winning. You could hear a pin drop.
It's a real dog end of a dump.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose returns

the  liverpool fans are over hyped. They know how to observe a minutes silence and are good woith that type of thing but the arrogance about the football is ridiculous. they support a good team, they do not play for it. the first goal was a joke because the referee cheated to give it to them not us... they should acknowledge that... they should also realise that the refs give them 9% of all decions npt just the 50 50 ones.... gomez, jow was he not yellow carded for his first rugby tackle on mitro and thus the second would have been red.....   and every good challenge we made was a foul, I do agree one of our challenges could have been red, but hey, maybe the ref thought we won the ball so just gave a yellow.

hovewhite

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 11, 2018, 08:01:48 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on November 11, 2018, 08:00:29 PM

Bit classist. Not everyone is as fortunate as everyone else.
if only that was true!

Neil D

Quote from: One James stannard on November 11, 2018, 08:44:48 PM

For me it's about Liverpool FC fans rather than Scousers in general.   I went to watch us against Everton.  Had no unpleasant experiences at all.  There were long traffic queues and I was standing around on the pavement waiting for my lift and this Evertonian got out of his stationary car and came over to shake my hand and then got back in.  Granted, he may not have done it if they had lost.  But it was a sporting gesture nonetheless. 

I'm with you on LFC.  Anyone but them for the title.

KJS

I didn't realize they were in the ground as it was so quiet all you could hear on the TV was the Fulham fans

NewYorkYank

A little perspective from the States.  Years ago, there was a daily soccer show on satellite radio hosted by a fellow named Steve Cohen.  He could be a polarizing figure (rabid Chelsea fan), but love him or hate him, he was a constant presence on Fox Soccer Channel in the early days and his enthusiasm and workrate were as responsible as anything for making soccer mainstream in the US.  Whatever you thought of him, his show, at the time, was the only one in the US that that discussed soccer in depth.  It had great guests (regulars included Robbie Earle, Efan Ekoku) who were much more candid in that format than they are now as game analysts for NBC (Their stories about Joe Kinnear were hysterical).  You might take shows like that for granted in England, but they were non-existent in the US, and the show gave US fans their first real insight into the innards of the Premier League.

Cohen's Achilles heel was that he despised Liverpool, and would occasionally go on rants blaming the club for the tragedy at Hillsborough.  I recognize that it may be a more sensitive issue in England than in the US, but it was a trivial part of the show and chalked off by most as one of Cohen's many eccentricities.  Nevertheless, after one rant, Liverpool Supporters Clubs around the US organized a coordinated program against the show, calling for boycotts of sponsors.  As a result of their pressure, the show was cancelled, and soccer fans around the country suffered as a result of petty pique by fans of one club.  That was Americans' early taste of Liverpool hubris.

I may not have lived through the league wars growing up, but the enemies of Liverpool are my friends.

BarneyTravers

All the ones I bumped into pre and post match were friendly and good natured....pretty much the same every time I have been to Anfield and in latter years Goodison.

coyw