watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rico option to buy

Started by bornafulhamfan, November 11, 2018, 10:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

Does it exist? If yes how much? I would definitely buy him, best keeper we had in years.

Neutral Zone Ultra

No chance of us signing him if we go down

cottage expat

I agree. Probably our best since Van Der Saar and Schwartzer.

cmg

No option as far as I can make out.

Might not matter too much as Rodak may well be ready by then.

hovewhite

Strange if no option to buy as great keeper.

Fulham1959

He will make mistakes - as all goalkeepers do - but is doing well.  However, I dislike the way Bettinelli is suddenly 'yesterday's hero' in the minds of many on here.

cmg

Quote from: hovewhite on November 12, 2018, 08:00:40 AM
Strange if no option to buy as great keeper.

Why strange? I would have thought that the higher a player is rated by the loaning club the less likely they are to agree an option to buy.
There's no way we would have given Rotherham an option to buy Rodak (I hope!).

filham

Rico is looking good but it is nice to know that Betts is there as back up.

Spirit of 2000

Rico has looked good so far - fingers crossed that continues and yes if so why not put a bid in. Seville don't want him. I'd get shot of Fabri as if we had Rico, Betts & Rodak we would be well covered in that position.

alfie

Quote from: Fulham1959 on November 12, 2018, 10:47:40 AM
He will make mistakes - as all goalkeepers do - but is doing well.  However, I dislike the way Bettinelli is suddenly 'yesterday's hero' in the minds of many on here.
Think that very unfair comment, surely it's about what is best for the team, at the moment that is Rico, does not mean that we have suddenly dismissed Bettinelli.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFCSteve

Quote from: alfie on November 12, 2018, 12:16:10 PM
Think that very unfair comment, surely it's about what is best for the team, at the moment that is Rico, does not mean that we have suddenly dismissed Bettinelli.

Doesn't loyalty go both ways?
We all want loyalty and commitment from the players!
What happens when Rico clutters off next season?
Betts really hasn't done bad IMO!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: FFCSteve on November 12, 2018, 12:35:13 PM

It's not Rico's fault he was brought in on loan rather than permanent.
In my opinion I think he has been patient, gotten his chance and taken it and I respect him for that.

FFC NY

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 12, 2018, 12:37:18 PM

In my opinion I think he has been patient, gotten his chance and taken it and I respect him for that.

It was the same when van der Sar came in and Taylor had to warm the bench. Taylor was a great keeper one level down and would have been 'fine' in the PL but van der Sar, same as Rico, is just a different class. Doesn't mean that all love is lost for Bettinelli.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: FFC NY on November 12, 2018, 02:00:32 PM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 12, 2018, 12:37:18 PM

It was the same when van der Sar came in and Taylor had to warm the bench. Taylor was a great keeper one level down and would have been 'fine' in the PL but van der Sar, same as Rico, is just a different class. Doesn't mean that all love is lost for Bettinelli.
I haven't lost any love for Bettinelli I just think that Rico is a far better keeper.

hovewhite

Think Betts will work again on training pitch,watch Rico a no d come back stronger.

cmg

Rico looks pretty good. A bit early, I would say, to be saying difinitively that he is better than Betts.
The VDS/Taylor scenario is a good example of an excellent keeper being supplanted by an even better one, which may be what is happening here.
But I feel it is way over the top to be making direct VDS/Rico comparisons. VDS was one of the great keepers of all time. (I kind of think Maik Taylor was better than Bettinelli, too - but that one is by no means clear cut.)

MJG

Quote from: cmg on November 12, 2018, 03:12:30 PM
(I kind of think Maik Taylor was better than Bettinelli, too - but that one is by no means clear cut.)
I'd say that is very clear cut Maik Taylor, by far the better keeper
Just the views of a long term fan

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on November 12, 2018, 12:12:07 AM
No option as far as I can make out.

Might not matter too much as Rodak may well be ready by then.

Star man for Rotherham again against Blackburn.

Milo

I remember Macdonald's "wonder strike" against Millwall last year. Didn't the keeper go for the ball with his wrong hand and therefore ended up getting nowhere near it?

Rico often makes saves with his opposing hand... so far its not caused any issues but perhaps one to watch from a technical perspective..?

SWSixer

Amazing how quickly opinion shifts around here!!