watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Championship can't wait

Started by ex-Pat, November 14, 2018, 05:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

The analogy I use is that I'd rather my team had a seat at the top table (even if it is below the salt) although it might be more fun to eat down the pub.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Spirit of 2000

NZ Ultra - I take your points and you make valid ones. We honestly don't know what Khan would do in the scenario though and a lot would depend on that. I think you mis-understand my stance. I don't WANT to get relegated - I support FFC. My points were purely an objective view on the premiership and how much we enjoyed the past 2 years in the championship. I've said already I'd like us to proceed with a realistic sustainable model - a Brighton & HA if you will, sensible wage structure and transfer fees. Robust if we go down and with a chance of survival if we come up. A yoyo club to a degree. If in time we can establish ourselves in the premier then fine, but my mis-givings over the league and how uneven, over-priced it is are also valid IMO. This is why I genuinely hope the big 6 do one to a Euro Super league and leave the rest of the sides to a more level playing field. I really don't get all excited when Man U or Liverpool come to town these days anyway.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Holders on November 14, 2018, 11:04:53 AM
The analogy I use is that I'd rather my team had a seat at the top table (even if it is below the salt) although it might be more fun to eat down the pub.

Posh wine bar vs traditional pub - no contest for me!

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 14, 2018, 11:07:08 AM
NZ Ultra - I take your points and you make valid ones. We honestly don't know what Khan would do in the scenario though and a lot would depend on that. I think you mis-understand my stance. I don't WANT to get relegated - I support FFC. My points were purely an objective view on the premiership and how much we enjoyed the past 2 years in the championship. I've said already I'd like us to proceed with a realistic sustainable model - a Brighton & HA if you will, sensible wage structure and transfer fees. Robust if we go down and with a chance of survival if we come up. A yoyo club to a degree. If in time we can establish ourselves in the premier then fine, but my mis-givings over the league and how uneven, over-priced it is are also valid IMO. This is why I genuinely hope the big 6 do one to a Euro Super league and leave the rest of the sides to a more level playing field. I really don't get all excited when Man U or Liverpool come to town these days anyway.
Fair points, and I completely agree with you when you say that our wage structure should be made more stable, I just feel that banking on being a yoyo club is a big risk, because there's no guarantee you're going to come back straight up. And also, being such a team requires a change in style, one that is perhaps more defensive which I know isn't to many people's liking. As for the super league, I'm split on to whether it would actually be an good thing for the Prem clubs.

Spirit of 2000

Again NZ Ultra. Good points well made and I agree to a large degree. Yes I would expect a sustainable model type side to be a little less for flair and attacking and more reliant on defensive solidity. It doesn't sit brilliantly tbh with how I like to see the game played and yes that swings & roundabouts for you but we have found to our cost this season that if you come to the EPL and start attacking sides with little regard for defending as a unit and earning the right to play with battling performances you get taken to the cleaners.