https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Claudio Ranieri is our new manager

Started by fulhamben, November 14, 2018, 09:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: davew on November 14, 2018, 05:15:38 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on November 14, 2018, 09:37:53 AM
I notice they call him 'manager' rather than head coach.

Perhaps things are changing behind the scenes as well with regard  to transfers?
I was going post that, only just home from golf and seen the news, surely Ranieri would not have joined us if he has minimum input into transfers?
When he was at Leicester from what I recall he had practically none, the DoF Steve Walsh was in charge of transfers.

davew

Even with Ranieri here at FFC I don't think that the bookies will offer 5000/1 or even 500,000/1 on us finishing in the top 6 let alone Champions (lol).
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Bassey the warrior

This is a sad day. I love Jokanovic, he's been incredible for Fulham and I really expected and hoped for better this season.

But the stats don't lie and whilst I felt there was enough in the first half against Liverpool, we can't afford to lose against the Saints and the international break gives the Ranieri time to train the team.

I just hope we get first year at Leicester Ranieri, not the tinkerman, because that's what got us in trouble.

But could be a great appointment, welcome Claudio! Let's hope he needs to order pizza after we win against Southampton.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: RaySmith on November 14, 2018, 09:28:12 AM
Very sad about this.

Me too.

But I thought Claudio got a raw deal after he won Leceister the cup so I'm glad he's back in the league.     (lol...kinda like Slav getting the team promoted then getting fired the following season)

Anyway...  I want to know who Claudio's assistants are going to be.    It's just as important, if not more important than him being hired.

Milo

Interesting how 77% of fans on here felt Slav should stay after the Liverpool game.

I wonder if the club take these polls into account?

Twig

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 14, 2018, 12:01:48 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2018, 11:58:18 AM
By Ryan O Donovan

Slavisa Jokanovic was only told this morning over the phone that he had been relieved of his duties at Fulham.

Shahid Khan announced on Wednesday that Claudio Ranieri would be taking over the reins at Craven Cottage, signing a multi-year deal with Fulham after holding talks with both Khan and Tony Khan over the past week.

It comes with the side rock-bottom of the Premier League and winless in seven games, although Fulham's performance at Liverpool in the 2-0 defeat was far more encouraging than what we've seen in recent weeks.

Just over two weeks ago Khan publicly backed Jokanovic before the AFC Bournemouth match, where he slammed the 'sensational and fictional' headlines that stated he would be sacked if he lost to both the Cherries and Huddersfield Town

That in itself is unusual for a club to openly admit, but only on Monday, in a monthly meeting with the Fulham Supporters' Trust, Chief Executive Alistair Mackintosh told those present that the club remained supportive of Jokanovic and wanted him to be successful at Fulham.
He also stated that it was down to his coaching methods and leadership that the club were promoted to the Premier League and that they wanted him to be the man to steer them through this difficult run of form.

Going forward from here, Khan confirmed in his statement that Khan jnr will continue to oversee player recruitment and contract renewals and will work close with Ranieri on both fronts.

Fulham face Southampton at Craven Cottage after the international break in what is a crucial tie for both clubs, with a win for the Cottagers taking them level on points with the Saints.
Forgive me for sounding a bit cynical, but I'm not entirely sure what O'Donovan is saying about the sacking is true. On Twitter he's been an outspoken Slav fan, and I can't help what he's been saying about the nature of Slav's sacking has been intended to incite Fulham fans to feel a sense of injustice, and thus hostility against Khan. I'm not saying it's fake news, I just have my suspicions.

As far as I am aware all of it is entirely accurate. Certainly the parts about the public expression of support and, rather more oddly, the minuted denial of any plans to make a change at the FST this week. I guess the only point in question is the precise timing and means of telling him about his dismissal but it had to have been no earlier than Tuesday. Personally i can't get too worked up about all this, standard fare in the world of football.

F(f)CUK

It is a real shame that Slav has gone, but Khan had to act.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Black and White Town on November 14, 2018, 03:18:54 PM
I'm sad for Slav, because I would have liked to see him succeed with Fulham, having done so much to get us back to the Prem.
But the hard fact is that he wasn't succeeding.

So, goodbye, I'm sure all Fulham fans wish him the very best of luck for his next appointment, and I have no doubt that he'll get a warm welcome should he ever return to the Cottage as a visiting manager.

Onwards and (hopefully) upwards.

:plus one:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WolverineFFC on November 14, 2018, 10:45:50 PM
Quote from: Black and White Town on November 14, 2018, 03:18:54 PM
I'm sad for Slav, because I would have liked to see him succeed with Fulham, having done so much to get us back to the Prem.
But the hard fact is that he wasn't succeeding.

So, goodbye, I'm sure all Fulham fans wish him the very best of luck for his next appointment, and I have no doubt that he'll get a warm welcome should he ever return to the Cottage as a visiting manager.

Onwards and (hopefully) upwards.

:plus one:

Plus Two

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

S.F.Sorrow

I was hoping for Joka to get some more time but it had to happen I suppose. I'm not sure what to expect from Ranieri. There's no way he will ever do anything like with Leicester again and he has had a couple of poor spells over the years. Still, there were far worse candidates. Seems like a good choice.

At least we now have a manager with lots of experience from top clubs. Hopefully this will give us an advantage in the transfer market. If not, we will at least know for certain where the problem is. Like someone said in another thread, this really is the last chance for Tony Khan and his recruitment team.

simplyfulham

Claudio may or may not sort us out this year and keep us up.

But inevitably in 12/15/18 months time we will be in a similar position of stagnation under Claudio and looking for a manager/head coach with a vision for the club moving forward.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: F(f)CUK on November 14, 2018, 06:42:10 PM
It is a real shame that Slav has gone, but Khan had to act.

Yes he had to act, But..........
He sacked the wrong bloke though.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Wonder if Cairney will lose the armband?

Russianrob

Just watched his interview on Fulham TV.First impression not impressed.With Scott Parkers help these two ex Chelscum men may even make Felix look like a sane man.Do hope I am wrong!!

Deeping_white

Quote from: Russianrob on November 15, 2018, 12:35:49 PM
Just watched his interview on Fulham TV.First impression not impressed.With Scott Parkers help these two ex Chelscum men may even make Felix look like a sane man.Do hope I am wrong!!

I've read some weird things on here but this might take the biscuit

DevonFFC

Quote from: Deeping_white on November 15, 2018, 02:26:08 PM
Quote from: Russianrob on November 15, 2018, 12:35:49 PM

I've read some weird things on here but this might take the biscuit

Agree, next this guy will be repeating fathers for justice protest at Buckingham Palace with a banner about "Give Slav more time"