more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thanks Slavisa

Started by Southcoastffc, November 14, 2018, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

Just read this on teh Brighton messageboard:
When Claudio Ranieri joined Chelsea as manager, his first signing was... Slavisa Jokanovic
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

IKnowNothing

Quote from: ffcthereligion on November 14, 2018, 09:50:22 AM
Petulence and impatience wins out. Well done to all
The manager. The ultimate scapegoat for owners and management failure. I'm sure Slav will land on his feet quickly. He's an excellent manager who was put in a difficult situation.

Holders

I hope that it was done kindly.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

S.F.Sorrow

Thank you Slavisa! You delivered some of the best football we've ever played and got us back to the PL. It's very sad that you had to end up as the scapegoat for someone else's incompetence. Best of luck for whatever your plans are for the future!  :Haynes The Maestro:

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on November 14, 2018, 01:30:09 PM
Thank you Slavisa! You delivered some of the best football we've ever played and got us back to the PL. It's very sad that you had to end up as the scapegoat for someone else's incompetence. Best of luck for whatever your plans are for the future!  :Haynes The Maestro:
I will never understand this teflon mentality. Ever.

RoyTund

Thanks Slavisa. Up there with my all time favourite managers for the club. Wembley of course, 23 games unbeaten, but also for reminding everyone that we deserve respect. We are not a train station.

Dodgin

Will always be welcome at the Cottage. Good luck to him and his next job.

jarv

Time will tell but had Slav been kept on and Fulham still in this position at xmas, everyone would be saying he should have been sacked in November. Ranieri has a tough  task and we all hope he transforms the team's defending, surely a priority. Personally, I think he is a good choice, given the alternative names banded about. Slav will not be out of work for long and has been said, Fulham had 2 great seasons with him in charge.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 14, 2018, 01:32:06 PM

But it will go on and on and on. Whatever happens under our new coach. Some will see every negative as a 'Joka would have done better' or every positive as a 'Well Joka set it up for him' . Remember some loved our coach so much they were happy to see the club relegated as long as Joka remained. That alone is a remarkable achievement by any coach.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2018, 02:34:59 PM

But it will go on and on and on. Whatever happens under our new coach. Some will see every negative as a 'Joka would have done better' or every positive as a 'Well Joka set it up for him' . Remember some loved our coach so much they were happy to see the club relegated as long as Joka remained. That alone is a remarkable achievement by any coach.
I actually saw someone say they'd rather have Joka manage us in League Two than someone else manage us in the Prem. Genuinely quite scary that some people are more loyal to the manager than they are to the club.

btowndoug

Massive thanks to Slavisa! He is responsible for some of the most exciting and impressive football in my time as a Fulham fan. Brought us out of some dark depths to the exhilaration of Wembley! I am a Fulham fan first, but will always be grateful to Slavisa and will always wish him the best! 

049:gif

PaulUMD

Extremely sad but had to be done.  I hope he makes his way back into the Prem (and we're still there!).

cheese pie

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on November 14, 2018, 10:47:07 AM
Quote from: SadOldGit on November 14, 2018, 10:43:48 AM
Slavisa has been treated poorly imo and I feel let down by the owners.
Disgraceful

We could find that we lose Mitro, Sess and Tom after this ridiculous decision!

Some on here will be happy for a week I expect and then find another scape goat!

Don't agree with this. They are our best players and Ranieri will quickly see that so I expect them to be starters. From their perspective they will now be playing for a highly experienced coach who has won the Premier League, why would this not be attractive to them and inspire performances? Mitro in particular is our top scorer and a very good international striker, no reason why Ranieri wouldn't start him every game.

Let's see..   :016:

cheese pie

cheese pie

Why are you so surprised that some people have RESPECT towards the man who made Fulham big again? I will never understand THIS kind of mentality. Ever!

ealex40

Thanks for our successes over the past couple of seasons. We played a lot of good football, admired by many of the other Championship teams.

Sorry it had to end this way......but it usually does, regardless of recent glory (ask Ranieri).

The old expression, 'Horses for courses' probably sums up that Slavisa may be an excellent manager in the Championship, with the talent available at that level and maybe he knew his limitations and that could have reflected in his hesitation to sign a new contract, until he felt comfortable in the top flight.

Anyway, thanks again and good luck in the future, you did us proud. Thought the club could have handled your dismissal better.

Camel Club

I feel really sad today. I really hoped Slav would have proved himself in the Premier League with us.

Regardless of today's events nobody can take away from him the fact that under his management Fulham Football Club (our club) was once again on the map for all the right reasons. The Jacko statue had been consigned to history and the living nightmare of Felix Magath was replaced with swashbuckling, attractive, free flowing football, a 23 game unbeaten run in the best and most competitive second tier league in world football and that day at Wembley which will remain in our hearts and minds forever.

Many wrote on here at the time that something about Fulham FC changed on the 26th of May. We actually won a game that really mattered, believed we were going to win and put the curse of Wembley to bed.

It was Slav's brand of football that meant the Wembley pitch was perfect for us, that Villa's ageing defence had to play so deep as to nullify their own attacking threat and for us to look as though we played there every week. If it hadn't been for Slav's brand of football there would have been no 'White Wall'. Instead of travelling in expectation to claim what we believed was rightfully ours we would have turned up in hope with the experiences of all that had gone before weighing us down.

When Slav said immediately after the Villa game that Fulham would not change their style under him in the Premier League I honestly thought there was a lot of bravado in those words. As things turned out I think he was too stubborn for his own good and it was ultimately his undoing. It got to the stage that I felt he couldn't play any other way and that was why he was possibly losing some of the dressing room.  Then on Sunday things improved. If only he'd have set the team up in a similar way against lesser opposition we'd probably be on at least 10 points already. But by Sunday it was obviously too late for Shad. Even those that disagree will at least understand why he has acted now. He doesn't want a repeat of his last season in the Premier League.  He sees this as our best chance of surviving this season and then building an established Premier League club for the future.

So thank you Slav. You were great for us, we wish you well for all that you do in the future and you will be guaranteed a standing ovation at the Cottage every time you return as a manager of our opponents. COYW.

Lighthouse

Quote from: cheese pie on November 14, 2018, 03:32:03 PM

Why are you so surprised that some people have RESPECT towards the man who made Fulham big again? I will never understand THIS kind of mentality. Ever!

There is a big difference between respect and wanting success for a coach over and above the club. I have huge respect for our coach. But am still able to see the problems he created for himself last season and this season. We all loved the great winning run and are saddened by the awful collapse this season. But I want the club to be successful and one just has to look a the struggles Joka has had this season with team sheets and tactics to see he was struggling. As I have said some fans will never want to see the problems Joka had because they loved him so much. Which is why you think it disrespectful to want the club to do well over and above the coach.  I respect yours and others opinion without agreeing with it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lyle from Hangeland

I hope he makes it back to the Premier League. He is a quality manager and person. You can do it Slavisa!

Steeeeeeeeeed

If my calculations are correct, prior to today he was the 6th longest reigning manager currently in the Premiership.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Premier_League_and_English_Football_League_managers