watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thanks Slavisa

Started by Southcoastffc, November 14, 2018, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aster

Jokanovic had to go because...well, analytics do not lie. You certainly did not think that prodigy, chief of analytics at Jacksonville Jaguars, Fulham, NASA...could do wrong? Or that his father would destroy a "family concept" by admitting it.

Jokanovic is a manager for the EPL, and he will prove it soon, with the team willing to give him freedom Eddie Howe, for example, has at Bournemouth. If you are a manager who is responsible for the results, then it is only natural that you have a say in what can get you sacked if done wrong.

The appointment of Ranieri could and probably will prove to be refreshing at this moment, because of a positive shock, and because the team was picking up in form (it could be seen against Liverpool under Jokanovic). Short-term, probably yes, but long-term? Can a 67-year-old Ranieri be expected to build new Fulham, with a trademark style of play? Doubt it. On top of that, this has been very unfair towards Jokanovic, who took over the club when it was in shambles, and deserved at least 10% of tolerance that the owner's son is getting with his blunders- so there is this fear of karma.

cheese pie

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2018, 03:43:33 PM
Quote from: cheese pie on November 14, 2018, 03:32:03 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2018, 02:34:59 PM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 14, 2018, 01:32:06 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on November 14, 2018, 01:30:09 PM
Thank you Slavisa! You delivered some of the best football we've ever played and got us back to the PL. It's very sad that you had to end up as the scapegoat for someone else's incompetence. Best of luck for whatever your plans are for the future!  :Haynes The Maestro:
I will never understand this teflon mentality. Ever.

But it will go on and on and on. Whatever happens under our new coach. Some will see every negative as a 'Joka would have done better' or every positive as a 'Well Joka set it up for him' . Remember some loved our coach so much they were happy to see the club relegated as long as Joka remained. That alone is a remarkable achievement by any coach.

Why are you so surprised that some people have RESPECT towards the man who made Fulham big again? I will never understand THIS kind of mentality. Ever!

There is a big difference between respect and wanting success for a coach over and above the club. I have huge respect for our coach. But am still able to see the problems he created for himself last season and this season. We all loved the great winning run and are saddened by the awful collapse this season. But I want the club to be successful and one just has to look a the struggles Joka has had this season with team sheets and tactics to see he was struggling. As I have said some fans will never want to see the problems Joka had because they loved him so much. Which is why you think it disrespectful to want the club to do well over and above the coach.  I respect yours and others opinion without agreeing with it.

I've never said that this is a great mistake...To be honest, I think this could be the right moment for a change, but only time will tell.  BUT..some people are soooo happy about what happened, sooo sure that everything was HIS fault. And..it wasn't. I'm sure YOU know it aswell. Some people sounds like Chelsea fans - disrespectfull. So much negativity about Jokanovic. You couldn't see them on this forum untill two weeks ago. They don't bother to support, just to criticise. And they will do it again..soon. Mark my words! SJ could have get some respect from us. Not hate. That was my point. I would be sorry if you will disagree with this.

Cottage Industry

Thanks Slavisa. I really do hope that another club will quickly endorse your playing methods because you have given our fans some of the best football in years, and of course culminating in that WONDERFUL DAY at WEMBLEY. I shall miss your comments on TV because no matter what the provocation you came across as a true gentleman. Their are not too many of those around in Football. You have battled well in your time at Fulham and many of us appreciate that too. Life does not always treat us fairly, but remember where one door closes another quickly opens. I shall definitely watch with real interest in your future.
I must say this I am really sad to see you go. THANK YOU.

Lighthouse

Quote from: cheese pie on November 14, 2018, 04:01:09 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2018, 03:43:33 PM
Quote from: cheese pie on November 14, 2018, 03:32:03 PM
Thank you Slavisa! You delivered some of the best football we've ever played and got us back to the PL. It's very sad that you had to end up as the scapegoat for someone else's incompetence. Best of luck for whatever your plans are for the future!  :Haynes The Maestro:

But it will go on and on and on. Whatever happens under our new coach. Some will see every negative as a 'Joka would have done better' or every positive as a 'Well Joka set it up for him' . Remember some loved our coach so much they were happy to see the club relegated as long as Joka remained. That alone is a remarkable achievement by any coach.

Why are you so surprised that some people have RESPECT towards the man who made Fulham big again? I will never understand THIS kind of mentality. Ever!

There is a big difference between respect and wanting success for a coach over and above the club. I have huge respect for our coach. But am still able to see the problems he created for himself last season and this season. We all loved the great winning run and are saddened by the awful collapse this season. But I want the club to be successful and one just has to look a the struggles Joka has had this season with team sheets and tactics to see he was struggling. As I have said some fans will never want to see the problems Joka had because they loved him so much. Which is why you think it disrespectful to want the club to do well over and above the coach.  I respect yours and others opinion without agreeing with it.

I've never said that this is a great mistake...To be honest, I think this could be the right moment for a change, but only time will tell.  BUT..some people are soooo happy about what happened, sooo sure that everything was HIS fault. And..it wasn't. I'm sure YOU know it aswell. Some people sounds like Chelsea fans - disrespectfull. So much negativity about Jokanovic. You couldn't see them on this forum untill two weeks ago. They don't bother to support, just to criticise. And they will do it again..soon. Mark my words! SJ could have get some respect from us. Not hate. That was my point. I would be sorry if you will disagree with this.

I haven't read any gloating or any happy posts that he has gone. Only those posts that say it was the right time while giving him the respect he was entitled to. I have seen very disturbing threads about plots and martyrdom. So I guess feelings are running high. But as Fulham supporters we could all see it was time for a change. We couldn't allow things to continue. As a fan who has always thought others fans were overly generous to him for his mistakes I never read any thread saying it was ALL his fault. Which only goes to show we all read what we want to read. But clearly there should be no hate anymore than there should be talk of him being infallible. We had a great year last year and an awful one this year. Time to move on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Yes thanks for the football of last season and that great day at Wembley,never to be forgotten. 049:gif

Marcel_Gecov

What a shame. Logically we had to make a change but I'm so disappointed to see him gone, I've been very low all day. I also hoped that when he'd leave us it was because he'd been headhunted by a bigger club and that would mean we've been successful. Very sad day.

Lewes White

Thanks Slavisa...the memories will live on, it was a brilliant ride, you gave us our club back..!!! Sadly another chapter in our history closes as another one begins..another great ride beckons...!!!👍

HV71

But as Fulham supporters we could all see it was time for a change.

This silmply is not true .
You keep going on and on about there are so many who had such blind loyalty towards Slav - then you post the above .  Are you suggesting that those of us who valued him are not ' Fulham supporters ' ? which would be nothing short of outrageous .  I put it to you that 'all ' of us is simply not true ( you may think that those people are misguided - but as you often say this is their right to have differing views ). At least try to be as factual as you can be when trying to prove your point  - it might just help

I will be behind the new manager who always comes over as a very honest chap , a true football man with a lot of passion . Thankfully it wasn't any of the other names that=t were in the hat

The Rock

Thank you SJ.

He does fit being manager of a possesion based attacking team. I think he'd do better with any team that is at the top of their division vs. the bottom due to his attacking style. He fits an Arsenal of Chelsea type of side (in our division) better than one that needs to go into battle against relegation.

If we go down, I'd rather have him in the Championship, just as I'd rather have a Roy (or potentially Raneiri) in our division.

It is what it is.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 14, 2018, 04:28:36 PM
Yes thanks for the football of last season and that great day at Wembley,never to be forgotten. 049:gif

His brand of football made me a fan of Fulham.    Now I'm locked in for the rest of my life.

Come on Fulham!!!!    Thank you Slav.

Twig

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 14, 2018, 02:49:49 PM

I actually saw someone say they'd rather have Joka manage us in League Two than someone else manage us in the Prem. Genuinely quite scary that some people are more loyal to the manager than they are to the club.

This thread is clearly one for those who want to express their admiration and gratitude to one of our top managers in modern history. If you both prefer to continue to denigrate him I suggest it would be better done one any of the many SJ out threads.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Twig on November 14, 2018, 06:19:01 PM

I actually saw someone say they'd rather have Joka manage us in League Two than someone else manage us in the Prem. Genuinely quite scary that some people are more loyal to the manager than they are to the club.

This thread is clearly one for those who want to express their admiration and gratitude to one of our top managers in modern history. If you both prefer to continue to denigrate him I suggest it would be better done one any of the many SJ out threads.
But the post in this thread to which I replied wasn't just expressing admiration and gratitude. It was expressing dissatisfaction towards other people in the club, to which I thought was unreasonable and decided to challenge.

Statto

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 14, 2018, 04:33:34 PM
What a shame. Logically we had to make a change but I'm so disappointed to see him gone, I've been very low all day. I also hoped that when he'd leave us it was because he'd been headhunted by a bigger club and that would mean we've been successful. Very sad day.

+1

Statto

+1

filham

Thanks to Slavisa for some wonderful Fulham days especially that day at Wembley last May.

SWSixer

Bonafide FFC legend. Sad news today. Still thought he would turn it around for us.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on November 14, 2018, 09:06:26 PM

+1

No the remarks after the support for Joka which I and others joined in decided to attack the mistakes of others. They have called Joka a scapegoat, a martyr, they have called for the Owner and his son to be sacked . That is what I was reacting to. Then I was told fans are luxuriating and being disrespectful to our coach. I have not seen ONE post that supports that. Along with the many disrespectful threads I am told were about our coach , the many Joka out threads don't exist compared to the constant praise that Joka has received. See my posts I was happy to give him the praise he deserved. But I do not put him above the club and think the owner and his son should go. If you want threads only praising the coach and wanting everybody else punished I suggest you go to them. There are plenty of them out there.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ffcannom

man is a legend. shame for what happened and wishing Slavisa all the luck in the world

snarks

At the moment I am hugely disappointed that Slav has been sacked. I loved the way his team played football. (not so much this season after the first 4 games). I really wished he'd been given the time to turn it around. He was fantastic for Fulham and certain key players.

However I will now back Claudio until he's replaced.