watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poor decision by Khan, but with a silver lining

Started by Tyske, November 14, 2018, 09:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyske

Poor decision by Khan, when we had just reached a turning point. Especially when many clubs like Burnley and Bournemouth have thrived under stability.

However, Ranieri was the best plan B available, and at least his appointment was swift.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ron

What turning point? We had one game when we were classier in defeat than previously.

bill taylors apprentice

I was really hopeful that Mr Jokanovic would be a long term appointment but its not to be.
Maybe he wasn't as clever as I thought he was?

simplyfulham

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 14, 2018, 09:48:28 AM
I was really hopeful that Mr Jokanovic would be a long term appointment but its not to be.

Or maybe those in charge aren't as clever as they like to think they are..

General

I think his undoing was simply due to our poor recruitment policy and having so many new players who didn't have an emotional attachment to our promotion success and therefore the club and slavisa.

I think this was taken surprisingly early, but having been done relatively early we've now got no excuse. Never thought I'd see ranieri take charge at Fulham. Last time I was following a team in the same league it was when he was leading Chelsea.. and Chelsea were more a Leicester mould club then before the abramovich era.

Hopefully his credibility will get the players onside.

It'll be interesting to see how this effects mitrovic though as their relationship being so close was obviously key to his confidence in playing for the club.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: ron on November 14, 2018, 09:47:11 AM
What turning point? We had one game when we were classier in defeat than previously.
Exactly, people called City in the cup a 'turning point' because we didn't get completely thrashed, and then we lost to Huddersfield

Tempest

Quote from: simplyfulham on November 14, 2018, 09:54:30 AM

Agree. Until they give the manager control of player recruitment this situation won't change. Or just let Tony Khan pick the team as he signs the players

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

nose returns

The vote of confidence did for slava. Very poor decision IMO.
Ranieri more or less guarantees relegation.... He has been lucky in his career, he was poor at Chelsea with an abundance of talent and his last season at Leicester spoke volumes
Khan's ridiculous transfer policy has done for slava... I think they are repeating previous errors.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I still really rate Jokanovic, but one possible big weakness in himself is his not so good English and communication skills, which may have undermined him in a dressing room full of new players.

This lack of good communication skills can be fine when folk know you, and even endearing, but to have to try to deal with a whole new bunch of people, etc not so good.

I had noticed the last few months press conferences and interviews that what last year seemed a very strong, stoic personality had turned into a sometimes unintelligible, mumbling one. I bet he is happy to be let free in a way.

MrD1879

Quote from: nose on November 14, 2018, 10:05:12 AM
Ranieri more or less guarantees relegation.... He has been lucky in his career, he was poor at Chelsea with an abundance of talent and his last season at Leicester spoke volumes
Khan's ridiculous transfer policy has done for slava... I think they are repeating previous errors.

Don't think many Chelsea fans or Leicester fans will agree with any of that.
You can blame the transfer policy but the manager has the responsibility to get them fighting and look organised to which we have seen little to none of that from the side all year

toshes mate

A touch defensive is the official announcement by Shahid Khan, and that says is all for me, lacking the authority and the confidence of a clear move to do better.   I hope it turns out better than the actions suggest.   Unfortunately we will now never know what might have been. 

Nothing more to say than let us see how the new man gets on.

alfie

Winning the Premiership is hardly luck, it's all to do with knowing your players strength and weaknesses, unfortunately this is something I believe Slav struggled with, but we shall see, maybe Sess actually playing further up the field instead of full back.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

cookieg

Quote from: simplyfulham on November 14, 2018, 09:54:30 AM

Or maybe they thought he was cleverer than he actually is.

Woolly Mammoth

It's Tony Khan who should have been sacked.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Think it was the right decision a few weeks later than it should have been taken. We had some wonderful big moments of watching skill and success with Joka. This season confusion and embarrassment were the big problems.  So as in all things. Thanks for the memories. Good luck for the future.

New Coach has experience and we can only hope that he is the right man for the job. A good appointment but sad that Joka couldn't continue his success this season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HV71

Their minds must have been made up before the Liverpool game . Very sad day for this Club as personally it shows a lack of decency and style to do it this way. Slav didn't take the greedy option and sign a contract that would have lined his pockets  - showing again that he has principles that are rare today. A bad start - yes and mistakes have been made - but is he the only one ? The players need to take a long hard look in the mirror . A head had to roll - it was never going to be Teflon Tony - nepotism is a powerful adversary - so Slav pays the price

Thank you Slav for entertaining us in the way you have, for helping bring on our youth and giving them time and taking us back to the promised land. For me your tenure has been one that brought a smile on my face and gave me so much enjoyment . Wherever you go next may you prosper - and I envy those supporters who will applaud you as you take your place in the dugout .

Thank you for in you I still trust !!!

Baszab

Jimpav

I think the tide may have been turning after the performance against Liverpool, but what's to say that Joka would have stuck with the same formation/line up against Southampton.

Happy with Raneriei as new manager/coach but this is not a miracle cure, still need the players to be fired up and playing to the best of their abilities.

The timing workd well with the internatonal break, lets hope for a new manager bounce against Southampton.

David I

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2018, 10:22:29 AM

It's Tony Khan who should have been sacked.
Couldn't agree more.......