https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poor decision by Khan, but with a silver lining

Started by Tyske, November 14, 2018, 09:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IKnowNothing

Quote from: simplyfulham on November 14, 2018, 09:54:30 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 14, 2018, 09:48:28 AM
I was really hopeful that Mr Jokanovic would be a long term appointment but its not to be.
Maybe he wasn't as clever as I thought he was?

Or maybe those in charge aren't as clever as they like to think they are..
Bingo! This all falls on the Kahns. We will see. At least we're not going to play long ball. I think.

toshes mate

Those who have wanted Slavisa out for a while have their day, but even they should recognise the cowardly way the Khans did their stuff.  We shouldn't forget how the man who helped to get us into the PL made it easy for the Khans by not negotiating the new contract they couldn't wait to hand out to him, and yet weeks later, they dismiss him in a cruel and underhanded manner. It has been said that Khan Jnr should have been sacked and that would have been a brave and courageous move by our owner, but he just wasn't up to it.

I am sad for Jokanovic but he will have the last laugh in all this.  FFC in the meantime face another turbulent period because the Khans continue to make mistakes.  The pity is we will not ever know how big a mistake it really is, for like all things past you do not get the chance to change your mind.   A really poor show, IMVHO.   

Tyske

Quote from: toshes mate on November 14, 2018, 01:20:59 PM
Those who have wanted Slavisa out for a while have their day, but even they should recognise the cowardly way the Khans did their stuff.  We shouldn't forget how the man who helped to get us into the PL made it easy for the Khans by not negotiating the new contract they couldn't wait to hand out to him, and yet weeks later, they dismiss him in a cruel and underhanded manner. It has been said that Khan Jnr should have been sacked and that would have been a brave and courageous move by our owner, but he just wasn't up to it.

I am sad for Jokanovic but he will have the last laugh in all this.  FFC in the meantime face another turbulent period because the Khans continue to make mistakes.  The pity is we will not ever know how big a mistake it really is, for like all things past you do not get the chance to change your mind.   A really poor show, IMVHO.

Fully agree, good post. Jokanovic has been a stoic model professional and deserved a bit better.

KJS

Quote from: Tyske on November 14, 2018, 09:44:12 AM
Poor decision by Khan, when we had just reached a turning point. Especially when many clubs like Burnley and Bournemouth have thrived under stability.

However, Ranieri was the best plan B available, and at least his appointment was swift.

Turning Point?? What planet do you come from, it was the owners only option and I fo one am glad he has sacked Slav as he was out of his depth and in denial

Welcome Claudio   :54:

KJS

Its about the club not Slav's feelings get over it!! your obvious hatred for the Khan family is very apparent and out of order.

HV71

Turning Point?? What planet do you come from, it was the owners only option and I fo one am glad he has sacked Slav as he was out of his depth and in denial

Welcome Claudio   

Your style, grace and gratitude is truly overwhelming

john dempsey

Thanks joka all the best in the future.
welcome Claudio wishing you a very happy and
successful time at F.F.C.

toshes mate

Quote from: KJS on November 14, 2018, 02:25:50 PM

Its about the club not Slav's feelings get over it!! your obvious hatred for the Khan family is very apparent and out of order.
It is about human beings and their behaviour towards each other as professionals, but perhaps that just goes way over your head, just as the rest of my comment did.

Tempest

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2018, 10:22:29 AM
Quote from: nose on November 14, 2018, 10:05:12 AM
The vote of confidence did for slava. Very poor decision IMO.
Ranieri more or less guarantees relegation.... He has been lucky in his career, he was poor at Chelsea with an abundance of talent and his last season at Leicester spoke volumes
Khan's ridiculous transfer policy has done for slava... I think they are repeating previous errors.

It's Tony Khan who should have been sacked.
Agree.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

JimmyBullardsBarber

Quote from: Tyske on November 14, 2018, 09:44:12 AM
Poor decision by Khan, when we had just reached a turning point. Especially when many clubs like Burnley and Bournemouth have thrived under stability.

However, Ranieri was the best plan B available, and at least his appointment was swift.

Slav lost the plot.

Statto

I wouldnt be surprised if there's more to the failure to extend Jokanovic's contract than has been disclosed so far.
I cannot believe it's a coincidence that he didn't sign a contract, his coaches (Gray, Sambade Carreira and Escobar) all left, then he ends up being the first manager sacked this year.
My guess is the Khans were contemplating cutting him loose ever since we got promoted, probably payback for all those press conference digs about Tony and Craig Kline.

Tyske

Quote from: Statto on November 14, 2018, 03:37:03 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if there's more to the failure to extend Jokanovic's contract than has been disclosed so far.
I cannot believe it's a coincidence that he didn't sign a contract, his coaches (Gray, Sambade Carreira and Escobar) all left, then he ends up being the first manager sacked this year.
My guess is the Khans were contemplating cutting him loose ever since we got promoted, probably payback for all those press conference digs about Tony and Craig Kline.

Maybe. We will never know. There is certainly an air of martyrdom about this.

HV71

It is about human beings and their behaviour towards each other as professionals, but perhaps that just goes way over your head, just as the rest of my comment did.

You are so very , very right . Even in 'victory ' some of the 'Slav out ' brigade are demonstrating their absolute lack of grace , style and human decency. It's also worth looking back through the history of some of the posters as many were desperate to hang onto Kit - blaming the players for our poor performances . They changed their tune  - which makes me wonder whether they ever really took to Slav.

Lighthouse

Talk of Martyrdom and talk of still trusting in the coach. It was a plot by Judas and  Herod and some of those who didn't like us losing are the zealots and must be punished in the temple.

Come on folks he was a coach who lost a lot of matches by very big scores. We are bottom of the league and haven't actually had a clean sheet and have won once against a side who were knackered after playing in Europe. There is no plot just a coach who did well last year and failed this year. Don't try and make out there is more to it than that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Baszab

My worry is that it may affect some players and their loyalty to SJ may affect their mental state in next few months

However, it just couldn't get any worse so it is the right decision despite sentiment and the fact that our football was brilliant last year

Btw - Khans did the sacking in a similar underhand way to KS so nothing new there

Fulham Joe

Not sure I like this decision and appointment.
We needed to give the manager much more time in my opinion, even if that meant relegation.
No loyalty in football nowadays, look what happened last time we panicked and started sacking managers.

HV71

No conspiracy theory at all  - just looking at the arguments put forward by some posters then and in recent weeks . Black and white facts no more - no less.

Agree with Baszab that KS sacking wasn't handled well either ( particularly as he was a highly respected player , and lovely bloke - if not a great manager ).

cheese pie

No Respect...shame on you guys.
BTW, can't you see that some of the "supporters" from other London clubs recently got registered to this forum just for fun? No?  064.gif

Tyske

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2018, 04:09:10 PM
Talk of Martyrdom and talk of still trusting in the coach. It was a plot by Judas and  Herod and some of those who didn't like us losing are the zealots and must be punished in the temple.

Come on folks he was a coach who lost a lot of matches by very big scores. We are bottom of the league and haven't actually had a clean sheet and have won once against a side who were knackered after playing in Europe. There is no plot just a coach who did well last year and failed this year. Don't try and make out there is more to it than that.

Never claimed a plot. The element of martrydom is simply due to the lack of support by the Khans, who relished in the success Jokanovic brought, which was solely down to Slavisa, not them. Even the success of signing Mitrovic was instigated by Slavisa.

Fulham Joe

The bottom line is.....the players we have just don't seem to be good enough.
I'm not going to blame the Khans for that, they couldn't have done more to try and make us competitive.
We just need to hope that over 38 games, there are three teams worse than us.