more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poor decision by Khan, but with a silver lining

Started by Tyske, November 14, 2018, 09:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: HV71 on November 14, 2018, 04:00:06 PM
It is about human beings and their behaviour towards each other as professionals, but perhaps that just goes way over your head, just as the rest of my comment did.

You are so very , very right . Even in 'victory ' some of the 'Slav out ' brigade are demonstrating their absolute lack of grace , style and human decency. It's also worth looking back through the history of some of the posters as many were desperate to hang onto Kit - blaming the players for our poor performances . They changed their tune  - which makes me wonder whether they ever really took to Slav.
You talk about lack of style grace and human dignity but I wonder if everyone would be so grateful and respectful if it was Big Sam or Moyes in his position and was the outgoing manager. I wonder if the general sentiment would be different.

The Enclosurite

After Huddersfield for the first time I wanted Slav gone but that was maybe just an angry reaction. I had time to let my emotions simmer down and take everything in. The Liverpool performance convinced me that he needed more time and he did have it in him to turn things around.

Totally shocked by the news this morning. However... the deed is done now. Modern football dictates that if you lose 6 or 7 games in a row then your head is ready for the chop.

I am grateful that the club has actually got a high calibre manager in and we don't have to now face the crazy 5 man commitee merry go round stupidness of years gone by.

Big fan of Slav. Big fan of Ranieri.

Time will tell. January will tell us the most and furthermore, who is pulling the strings.

The show must go on!   049:gif COYW
¡COYW!

WindyCity

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 14, 2018, 09:57:36 AM
Quote from: ron on November 14, 2018, 09:47:11 AM
What turning point? We had one game when we were classier in defeat than previously.
Exactly, people called City in the cup a 'turning point' because we didn't get completely thrashed, and then we lost to Huddersfield

Yep, Huddersfield was the turning point, sure was for me anyway.  All this positive and hopeful chinwagging after the so-called "good" show v Liverpool just didn't cut it for me.  Before the SJ sacking, many here saying that Southampton would be a sacking if less than 3 points realized in that tie.  BUT, the exact same could have been said regards the Huddersfield tilt.  That Hudd game was about a poor a showing of what was supposed to be PL level football as I've ever seen.  Just an abomination.  The Hudd game was the game that justifies the sacking.  Wish SJ well in his future endeavors and thank him for bringing FFC to the PL, but sadly he just wasn't cut out for the top flight, at least not this year.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2018, 04:09:10 PM
Talk of Martyrdom .....

Come on folks he was a coach who lost a lot of matches by very big scores. We are bottom of the league and haven't actually had a clean sheet and have won once against a side who were knackered after playing in Europe. There is no plot just a coach who did well last year and failed this year. Don't try and make out there is more to it than that.
Cold hard facts.
What if we had stuck with Slav, lost to Saints and then get thumped by Chelsea, is that a better time to change? No, so this is business like and as much as we all appreciate what he did the last two years losing 7 games in a row in this league is and should be a sackable offence.
BTW I see Ranieri is named as Manager, not first team coach. So hopefully he has the control that Slav never did. Looking forward to seeing Ranieri's backroom staff appointments too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quark, strangeness and charm

grandad

Who ever pays the piper calls the tune. There is hardly a top flight club who have their manager in control of transfers. It used to mean wholesale changes after every change of manager. These days players are generally bought for their resale value. Our problem stemmed from having to sign so many loan players due to our FFP situation. These all had to be replaced as at 1st July we only had 13 senior players. We then had to increase the squad size but could not do it early as we were involved in the Play Offs & did not know which division we would be in.
Where there's a will there's a wife

rusty shackleford

Wenger turned us down apparently.

And Slav was only told 1hr before Ranieri was announced. Ugh....

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2018, 10:22:29 AM
Quote from: nose on November 14, 2018, 10:05:12 AM
The vote of confidence did for slava. Very poor decision IMO.
Ranieri more or less guarantees relegation.... He has been lucky in his career, he was poor at Chelsea with an abundance of talent and his last season at Leicester spoke volumes
Khan's ridiculous transfer policy has done for slava... I think they are repeating previous errors.

It's Tony Khan who should have been sacked.
As well maybe, don't think Joka would have turned things round, maybe nobody else can. I don't think Ranieri is a bad choice, if he can help us get 4 points from the next 6 games, that will be an improvement!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

DevonFFC

Quote from: rusty shackleford on November 14, 2018, 04:44:16 PM
Wenger turned us down apparently.

And Slav was only told 1hr before Ranieri was announced. Ugh....

Not read anywhere about Wenger, I know we wanted him but I think little out of our league and the challenge that we are.

1hr or 24hr, fact is he was going and the club did an amazing job of this being dealt with quickly and confidentiality, not even the bookies had a clue

HV71

You talk about lack of style grace and human dignity but I wonder if everyone would be so grateful and respectful if it was Big Sam or Moyes in his position and was the outgoing manager. I wonder if the general sentiment would be different.

I can only speak for myself - yes it would be different in Big Sam's Case - as I doubt if he understands the meaning of any of the adjectives I used in my post . Just look at what he did with the England job  - maybe you found his actions acceptable ? If so that explains almost everything

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2018, 04:09:10 PM
Come on folks he was a coach who lost a lot of matches by very big scores. We are bottom of the league and haven't actually had a clean sheet and have won once against a side who were knackered after playing in Europe. There is no plot just a coach who did well last year and failed this year. Don't try and make out there is more to it than that.
You don't know if there was a plot or not, mate, just like all of us on this Forum. 

Last year, at this very time, we were listening to cries of 'Jokanovic Out' on this very forum.  So what changed in the meantime?  Promotion and £100m outgoing is what changed, with TK's ego dreaming of being named as MAF's true successor as Fulham take pole position in the PL.  Who knows what tales he told his father as he cringed at the thought of being held partially to blame for Fulham's slow start to life in the higher echelons - that is what nepotism buys you.  Who knows how fragile TK's ego is to have (had) a mate like Kline for so long before the Fulham saga started and ended it?   I have nothing against Khan Jnr as a human being but as Vice Chair and Director of Football Operations - pull the other one!  For me the manner of Jokanovic's dismissal is either a really panicky and amateurish piece of theatre or it is a product of a set up by lunatics running the asylum over a period of years (i.e. since they arrived here).  Not one single season under any manager has been straightforward at FFC with too much traffic through the incoming recruitment door that failed quality tests and too many good players being sold too earnestly for good sense.   Not the sign of careful football brains in charge of the whole.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: HV71 on November 14, 2018, 04:58:33 PM

I can only speak for myself - yes it would be different in Big Sam's Case - as I doubt if he understands the meaning of any of the adjectives I used in my post . Just look at what he did with the England job  - maybe you found his actions acceptable ? If so that explains almost everything
How do you know Slavisa wouldn't say the same thing? I'm not accusing him of anything but at the same time I'm not acquitting him of anything.

HV71

You can only judge by people's actions. It is not a coincidence that the phrase ' In Slav I trust " became popular . Many , not all , on here at least have been able to comment on his dignity and integrity.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: john dempsey on November 14, 2018, 02:37:09 PM
Thanks joka all the best in the future.
welcome Claudio wishing you a very happy and
successful time at F.F.C.
I echo this but if you haven't already done so, you need to make it clear to T Khan, Talbot and Macintosh that your the football man with the experience and record of relative success so that YOU choose the transfer targets YOU want and they just go and get them.
Failure to say and accomplish this will only lead to a repeat of our previous manager's problems.