watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How will Mitro React?

Started by petethefeet, November 14, 2018, 10:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petethefeet

As Mitro came here mostly because of Slav, how will he now react?

Woolly Mammoth

Mitro is a professional, and will continue to give 100% as he always has, and shall do under the new Manager.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

sarvenpa

Hope he is a pro and will keep going. Play for the badge whoever is in charge.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: petethefeet on November 14, 2018, 10:22:55 AM

I don't think he will sulk, one more yellow and he gets time off anyway, but whilst we have been looking at some matches as a must win lately we now have the revolving doors of January to cope with. If there is an upside to our current predictament none of the squad excluding perhaps the potential of Sess and the calibre of Rico have done much to get on anybody else's shopping list.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: sarvenpa on November 14, 2018, 10:27:14 AM
Hope he is a pro and will keep going. Play for the badge whoever is in charge.

We hope! Still need to bring in another striker in January as backup anyway - we would be screwed if Mitro got a serious injury

petethefeet

Mitro being injured is a major concern with no obvious replacement. The effort he puts in without results is superb.

Milo

He just needs to be loved and play in a style that suits him.

I think he will review in the summer.

the nutflush

petethefeet

Klopp and a few other managers have been reallt impressed with Mitro this season, he could become a transfer target next year.

Neutral Zone Ultra

I just saw on Sky Sports News an interview with Ranieri from September, and he was saying how much of a fan of Mitro he was.

cookieg

If Mitro is given more chances and he starts scoring regularly he'll will be loved even more by us fans. He wants to feel wanted and he will here, he won't be going anywhere.

FFC NY

He should definitely get more support if we switch to a 4-4-2. Finding the right person to be up top with him is key and I think Schurrle could be an option; he makes clever runs in behind, is calm and has a good finish.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: FFC NY on November 14, 2018, 02:49:19 PM
He should definitely get more support if we switch to a 4-4-2. Finding the right person to be up top with him is key and I think Schurrle could be an option; he makes clever runs in behind, is calm and has a good finish.
We don't have the right midfielders to play 4-4-2 in my opinion

DevonFFC

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 14, 2018, 02:50:49 PM
Quote from: FFC NY on November 14, 2018, 02:49:19 PM
We don't have the right midfielders to play 4-4-2 in my opinion

Stick sess up top with him, he has the best footballing brain to get on to the knock ons

Milo

Re: Ranieri's quotes in other thread.

"Lightning football" won't suit Mitro will it? He seemed to suit the slow, possession based football using him as a pivot ... the exact opposite of what Ranieri said he's looking to do?

I think we will see an improvement in results but potentially a struggle to fit Mitro into our new system. All very interesting stuff and the potential for a lot more FoF debate!

DevonFFC

Quote from: Milo on November 14, 2018, 03:14:36 PM

"Lightning football" won't suit Mitro will it? He seemed to suit the slow, possession based football using him as a pivot ... the exact opposite of what Ranieri said he's looking to do?

I think we will see an improvement in results but potentially a struggle to fit Mitro into our new system. All very interesting stuff and the potential for a lot more FoF debate!

You are presuming that all balls will be in behind the defence, Mitro hold up and flick on play would allow us to have a forward play maker who can feed the runners with quick ball

KJS

We played lightning football last season and it didn't seem to hold him back

FFC NY

One of the articles also said that he wanted to use Ulloa but he was struggling to get himself fit so they used Okazaki so maybe there is a place for Mitro...?

davew

I think he will leave but not until the Summer, he won't want to play in the Championship again and I don't blame him!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

DevonFFC

Quote from: davew on November 14, 2018, 04:58:56 PM
I think he will leave but not until the Summer, he won't want to play in the Championship again and I don't blame him!!

So are you still confident we will get relegated?

That's how I read your last comment