watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Andy King, Robert Huth, Danny Simpson & Christian Fuchs

Started by Spirit of 2000, November 14, 2018, 10:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

3 not getting much game time at Leicester, 1 a free agent - all played a major role in Leicester City winning the premiership. Do we expect to see any coming in to FFC? Simpson IMO would certainly do a decent job at right back for us.

Neutral Zone Ultra

The reason why they're not getting game time is they're all a bit past it. It has been 3 years since they won the league.

Beamer

Spirit of 2000

King at 30 and Simpson 31 are not exactly ancient. Huth now 34 - and I would hope for better / more mobile in his case.

fulhamfever

Huth has still got it, no nonsense experienced defender.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 14, 2018, 11:12:24 AM
King at 30 and Simpson 31 are not exactly ancient. Huth now 34 - and I would hope for better / more mobile in his case.
True but they're not quite as good as they used to be, hence why they have been dropped by Leicester.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 14, 2018, 11:22:39 AM
True but they're not quite as good as they used to be, hence why they have been dropped by Leicester.

They don't need to be brilliant to be an upgrade on what we have - especially with Simpson at right back where we're struggling and both would bring premiership experience where we have none. We need people right now who can "do a job" to a degree that gets us to 17th by May 2019. That's the position we're in & it's not unrealistic to think Ranieri will go with players he knows and trusts.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 14, 2018, 11:31:19 AM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 14, 2018, 11:22:39 AM

They don't need to be brilliant to be an upgrade on what we have - especially with Simpson at right back where we're struggling and both would bring premiership experience where we have none. We need people right now who can "do a job" to a degree that gets us to 17th by May 2019. That's the position we're in & it's not unrealistic to think Ranieri will go with players he knows and trusts.
I still like to think that TFM, under a more disciplined manager in Ranieri, will be able to come good, because it's clear he has plenty of talent.

twang

I think Drinkwater is way more likely. Could cancel one of Chambers' and Fosu Mensah's loans to make it possible.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: twang on November 14, 2018, 12:38:47 PM
I think Drinkwater is way more likely. Could cancel one of Chambers' and Fosu Mensah's loans to make it possible.

0001.jpeg

Drinkwater is exactly the sort of player we need in midfield.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 14, 2018, 12:45:32 PM
Quote from: twang on November 14, 2018, 12:38:47 PM

0001.jpeg

Drinkwater is exactly the sort of player we need in midfield.
Agree actually, think he's a decent shout on loan

DevonFFC

Let's see how the team performs before deciding your shopping lists in January, funny you would give Slav TIL Xmas but not the players

lukeahar

Not saying bring him in but Fuchs is my favourite player without a Fulham connection. Would personally enjoy it if he came but not sure how much he would off the team.
@lukeahar

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: lukeahar on November 14, 2018, 02:11:21 PM
Not saying bring him in but Fuchs is my favourite player without a Fulham connection. Would personally enjoy it if he came but not sure how much he would off the team.
Agree like him too however I remember him saying after Leicester won the Prem he planned to go to the MLS in 2 years time, given he has a lot of family over in the states.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 14, 2018, 02:13:43 PM
Quote from: lukeahar on November 14, 2018, 02:11:21 PM
Agree like him too however I remember him saying after Leicester won the Prem he planned to go to the MLS in 2 years time, given he has a lot of family over in the states.
Yes, I  think Fuchs is a really good prem left back, would likely still be in the Leicester team but for the superb progress of Chillwell.

MrFFC

Come on you Whites!! :)

MikeW

Drinkwater: I reckon Chels would let him go - not sure about the full back options but TFM - buy him a ticket out on the next Inter City if you can find one working: PS the Plymouth one goes quite well straight from Paddington.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Bassey the warrior

They're not required and I think you're missing the point about why they did well. Ranieri found a way to make the most of what he had, in that case his team were equipped to defend deep and narrow and play on the break. Fulham isn't suited to this. The question is, what are we suited to?

I have confidence that Claudio will find out. First course of action is to feed Mitro with balls into the box.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MikeW on November 14, 2018, 05:54:34 PM
Drinkwater: I reckon Chels would let him go - not sure about the full back options but TFM - buy him a ticket out on the next Inter City if you can find one working: PS the Plymouth one goes quite well straight from Paddington.

He's just a slightly tweaked version of Cairney and Seri. I hope Seri can show his Burnley form again. Ranieri must find a way to motivate him.

Frackleheath

All this talk about who will we get is hypothetical when we have 9 leagues games, if you include Arsenal on January 1st, before any new players can have any possible impact on our fortunes.

It's more important to see what Ranieri can do with the existing squad or it may be too late by the second game in JANUARY!!