watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wenger was 1st choice?

Started by Spirit of 2000, November 14, 2018, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

I have heard a few times that Wenger was approached but he turned us down out of respect to Arsenal & not wanting to manage another premier league team.

If it all goes wrong, maybe we could approach him again next season...

Neutral Zone Ultra

In all honestly I'd rather Ranieri. Dread to think how much money Wenger would be on.

davew

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 14, 2018, 12:33:27 PM
In all honestly I'd rather Ranieri. Dread to think how much money Wenger would be on.
Could have sold Seri in the January window, that would have covered Wenger's wages (just)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

DevonFFC

I don't believe this, he is way above us right now. No disrespect to Fulham but that guy is one the most highly regarded managers still in World Football

Bassey the warrior

Would've loved Wenger, but Rajieri could do well too.

Nick Bateman

I was touting Wenger for Fulham a few days back and good to hear the club heirachy has sounded him out.  Am not too enamoured re Ranieri but Jokanovic had to go.

Playing Seri for so long in the centre of midfield and not realising it, even in the Liverpool game has cost him his job.

At least the Italian does encourage the attractive football Fulham want, and his near direct play will be a positive influence.

Coupled with a new head of the PL a Fulham supporting female will get the cowardly corrupt refs off our back and give us a chance to survive.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

KJS

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Fulham76 on November 14, 2018, 12:29:58 PM
I have heard a few times that Wenger was approached but he turned us down out of respect to Arsenal & not wanting to manage another premier league team.

If it all goes wrong, maybe we could approach him again next season...

If it all goes wrong and we finish up back in the Championship, ask yourself would Wenger want to manage us! in fact will Ranieri want too.