watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BRILLIANT

Started by ex-Pat, November 14, 2018, 02:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex-Pat

What a great choice,,time to get on with the job in hand,Thanks to Slav he was great in the Championship ,Good luck mate in the future...

JoelH5

Agreed. Great appointment!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

hovewhite

The best option.welcome ranieri.

The Swan

We may not win the Premier League this season but next season who knows.
The Swan

Steeeeeeeeeed

I am impressed with the Chairman's actions here. I know he did the dreaded 'full support to the manager' thing, but you have too really, and the statements he was giving out (and today) did seem well thought out, not some generic stuff. Also he did seem to keep his apparent numerous interviews and chats with other managers fairly hush hush in this period.

He possibly caught other struggling teams by surprise by getting in so early, and picking one of the best possible appointments rather than having waiting till January and scrambling about between the usual suspects.

The two really strong weaknesses Jokanovic had were Premiership Experience, and Defensive Setup, and in the new man we have a guy who SHOULD be able to provide both.

I was incredibly surprised when I saw the thread announcing the news here earlier though, had to read it a couple of times to believe Joka was gone.

Fulham76

Probably a wise move that will pay off, hopefully...

Lighthouse

Our coach held such loyalty for many fans over and above reality. It was never going to be easy to see him go. But as the season went on it was clear the time for a change had come and frankly gone a little. Seems to be a sensible 'Fulham type' managerial choice and as all true Fulham fans we will want to wish him well. I suspect that a few will always use Joka as a stick to punish the club whatever happens. But for me it seems the right and sensible appointment. Although a huge job in front of him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mancwhite

If this is only a results business then the only criteria for judging whether this was the right thing to do is whether we stay up or not.
Your just too good to be true Fulham

DevonFFC

Hugely happy with how the owners have handled this. Cut throat industry which is results driven.
Slav thank you but unfortunately it didn't work for you on this occasion, Ranieri comes in and now he has to produce. There is no friends in Football.

We have been swift in our actions and at the Perfect time, with Ranieri comes a wealth of managerial experience at this level, respect from clubs, players, media and fans.

I think he is just the sort of manager the clubs needs to come in, command the respect of the players and get this ship sailing.

Good work.

nose returns

i have to disagree.
ranieri's whole career is less than spectacular and he was aprt of a unique set of circumstances at leicester that raised his stock. the season after winning the league was a disaster that saw him sacked.....

I think our problem remians, changing the manager is not going to alter the insane puchasing policy we are still employing... the wrong players too late, and not the ones we needed or the manager wanted.

V liverpool we seemed a bit more like it and I thought if we beat southampton that would be the start of the recovery... the change now is crackers. I am not a great fan of ranieri although he is a lovely man, but I will give him the benifit of the doubt and see if he can get us promoted next season.

DevonFFC

Quote from: nose on November 14, 2018, 04:59:27 PM
i have to disagree.
ranieri's whole career is less than spectacular and he was aprt of a unique set of circumstances at leicester that raised his stock. the season after winning the league was a disaster that saw him sacked.....

I think our problem remians, changing the manager is not going to alter the insane puchasing policy we are still employing... the wrong players too late, and not the ones we needed or the manager wanted.

V liverpool we seemed a bit more like it and I thought if we beat southampton that would be the start of the recovery... the change now is crackers. I am not a great fan of ranieri although he is a lovely man, but I will give him the benifit of the doubt and see if he can get us promoted next season.

It's a difference of opinion and unfortunately for all Slavs biggest fans the Khans hold the power and they have made the decision and we have to move on.

You can at least say it was done in a very professional and confidential manner with the press not even getting a sniff.

Liverpool was a better showing, but it was too little to late and a whole load of what's if's. Something had to give and in the world we live in now, the risk of relegation far outways the reward of "sticking" with a manager that is failing

Woolly Mammoth

It's a shame the Chairman didn't sack his son, whose stats recruitment regime is undermining the club.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2018, 05:10:48 PM
It's a shame the Chairman didn't sack his son, whose stats recruitment regime is undermining the club.
Agreed!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

DevonFFC

Does the manager title given not give more control to Ranieri?

Or is it a title that the personnel chose. I.e Eddie Howe is a coach abd Paulis was always a head coach?

Lighthouse

Quote from: davew on November 14, 2018, 05:12:55 PM
Agreed!!

Sorry I thought we were promoted last season using this method. This season we seemed very happy with the big outlay. Still we shall have to see if these terrible players can improve or get worse under new coaching and management.

Lighthouse

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 14, 2018, 05:13:30 PM

Or is it a title that the personnel chose. I.e Eddie Howe is a coach abd Paulis was always a head coach?

As has been stated often before. The coach has a say and they call it a two tick or three tick or scratch because we have ticks system. In other words the coach has a say just doesn't do the deals. The problem is we sometimes bring in players that have not played in a system we use. Like the 30 million quid player who has always played alongside another defensive midfielder. But not when he turns out for us. Then he is dropped and doesn't have time to fit into the system etc etc.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2018, 05:21:45 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on November 14, 2018, 05:13:30 PM

As has been stated often before. The coach has a say and they call it a two tick or three tick or scratch because we have ticks system. In other words the coach has a say just doesn't do the deals. The problem is we sometimes bring in players that have not played in a system we use. Like the 30 million quid player who has always played alongside another defensive midfielder. But not when he turns out for us. Then he is dropped and doesn't have time to fit into the system etc etc.
This is a very good point RE. Anguissa which my friend pointed out to me the other day.
When he was as Marseille he played alongside Luiz Gustavo, an experienced defensive midfielder, and they worked well together.
When he played alongside Chambers on Sunday he seemed to have improved, so I think looking forward, instead of writing off Anguissa, trying him more in a 2 CDM system might work better.

Bassey the warrior

I think we owe Joka a bit of respect for what he's done for Fulham.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 14, 2018, 05:24:49 PM
I think we owe Joka a bit of respect for what he's done for Fulham.

I don't think anyone is disrespecting Slav, I see it as it wasn't working for whatever reason and something needed changing and in football the man in charge usually gets the chop.

He did a wonderful thing by getting us to the Premier league however now we need someone to take us further.

Best of luck to him and his staff, he will be back in charge somewhere very shortly I'm sure of it

Statto

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2018, 05:16:35 PM
Quote from: davew on November 14, 2018, 05:12:55 PM
Agreed!!

Sorry I thought we were promoted last season using this method. This season we seemed very happy with the big outlay. Still we shall have to see if these terrible players can improve or get worse under new coaching and management.

Well I will indulge you and predictably point out that we were promoted last season with Jokanovic, so how do you logically distinguish between Jokanovic and Tony Khan and say one is at fault but not the other?

As I've said before the case for Jokanovic is he took several poor players that we knew were poor because they were poor under Symons and other managers - Bettinelli, Ream, Fredericks, Malone, Aluko, Mitrovic, Cairney - and made them great players.

The case for Tony Khan is... he is the chairman's son and you can't sack the chairman's son.