watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Favourite moment under Slavisa

Started by Sgt Fulham, November 14, 2018, 03:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt Fulham

To commemorate all he has done to this club over the past few years please share your favourite Slavisa moment. This can be a game or a quote. He took us from a side struggling to stay in the Championship to the most dangerous team in the Championship two years running. At our best we wiped the floor with other playoff contenders, as shown by our 23 game unbeaten run including the run of 6 playoff contenders (Villa, Bristol City, Wolves, Derby, Sheffield Utd, and PNE).

The obvious ones that come to mind are the Playoff final and 2nd leg against Derby, so let's exclude those for the sake of variety. The choice is difficult as there were so many great moments, but I'm going to go for the 3-1 win away vs. Norwich in the 2016-2017 season. With a forgettable Chris Martin getting sent off at half time after a wonderful strike from StefJo we had a hell of a lot to do in a crucial game in the Playoff run. Despite our penalty agony that year, Cairney took responsibility and scored at last to give us a cushion. Towards the end they scored and we were clinging on, but Piazon and Ayite beat 5 Norwich defenders with incredibly intricate control and passing to round the keeper and send GJ into tears. "Absolute magic from Fulham", and at that point I knew the team had the grit and determination to reach the PlayOffs after a dire 2 seasons. That was the moment my love for Fulham was refreshed.

Thanks for everything Slavisa, all the best in your career, I will keep an eye out.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on November 14, 2018, 03:13:22 PM
To commemorate all he has done to this club over the past few years please share your favourite Slavisa moment. This can be a game or a quote. He took us from a side struggling to stay in the Championship to the most dangerous team in the Championship two years running. At our best we wiped the floor with other playoff contenders, as shown by our 23 game unbeaten run including the run of 6 playoff contenders (Villa, Bristol City, Wolves, Derby, Sheffield Utd, and PNE).

The obvious ones that come to mind are the Playoff final and 2nd leg against Derby, so let's exclude those for the sake of variety. The choice is difficult as there were so many great moments, but I'm going to go for the 3-1 win away vs. Norwich in the 2016-2017 season. With a forgettable Chris Martin getting sent off at half time after a wonderful strike from StefJo we had a hell of a lot to do in a crucial game in the Playoff run. Despite our penalty agony that year, Cairney took responsibility and scored at last to give us a cushion. Towards the end they scored and we were clinging on, but Piazon and Ayite beat 5 Norwich defenders with incredibly intricate control and passing to round the keeper and send GJ into tears. "Absolute magic from Fulham", and at that point I knew the team had the grit and determination to reach the PlayOffs after a dire 2 seasons. That was the moment my love for Fulham was refreshed.

Thanks for everything Slavisa, all the best in your career, I will keep an eye out.
Yep, that match was incredibly memorable, one of my favourite ever away days.

Milo

Odoi's header against Derby is the top moment but excluding that..

Away at Millwall?

Mitro's winner against PNE?

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on November 14, 2018, 03:13:22 PM

Yep was there for that game and would say it was my highlight. Also the "we are not a train station" quote will live long in the memory.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

SG

'We are not a railway station' when dealing with Mr Martin. Rather ironic in the circumstances

Horsfield_No9

1. Odoi header v Derby at The Cottage
2. Cairney v Villa at Wembley
3. Cairney v Leeds at The Cottage

Thank you, Slav. That was truly entertaining and worth the admission fee over the past 2 seasons. 
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Tyske

When he walked off the pitch at the end of the Derby 2nd leg.

He looked so calm it looked like we had lost the match despite the thousands of euphoric fans on the pitch. He always focused on the next match with the stoic calmness of a true professional.

I had no doubt we would win the final after that.

Yorkshirewhite

There's plenty of highlights, the 1-3 win at QPR, the comes from Serbia he'll ****ing murder ya! After the QPR touchline bust up, 1-3 at Newscastle, playing Sess league debut away at Leeds Utd, 4-5 Sheffield utd, the way he handled Chris Martin, Huddersfield 1-4 at half time, 5-0 huddersfield and reading, playing Amorabieta near his first seasons end when we nearly got relegated from the championship, always thought he was a good fit and acquisition for us, he was straight talking and I would of loved to have seen him have more say over transfers, especially all the times in the championship when it nearly didn't work due to who was coming in, think we could of approached it differently starting up in the Prem, such a shame really

Tyske

Quote from: Yorkshirewhite on November 14, 2018, 03:37:16 PM
There's plenty of highlights, the 1-3 win at QPR, the comes from Serbia he'll ****ing murder ya! After the QPR touchline bust up, 1-3 at Newscastle, playing Sess league debut away at Leeds Utd, 4-5 Sheffield utd, the way he handled Chris Martin, Huddersfield 1-4 at half time, 5-0 huddersfield and reading, playing Amorabieta near his first seasons end when we nearly got relegated from the championship, always thought he was a good fit and acquisition for us, he was straight talking and I would of loved to have seen him have more say over transfers, especially all the times in the championship when it nearly didn't work due to who was coming in, think we could of approached it differently starting up in the Prem, such a shame really

Yes it's a shame that the Khans did not give him enough control. I always thought the last couple of seasons that Slavisa was succeeding in spite of the Khans, not because of them. Our best signing in Mitrovic was not orchestrated by Tony, but by Slavisa really.

Holders

Not one moment but his overall DIGNITY.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Tyske

KJS

Quote from: Tyske on November 14, 2018, 03:49:27 PM

Yes it's a shame that the Khans did not give him enough control. I always thought the last couple of seasons that Slavisa was succeeding in spite of the Khans, not because of them. Our best signing in Mitrovic was not orchestrated by Tony, but by Slavisa really.

The real shame is that you can't remember who it was that Actually appointed Slavisa as manager of FFC through your glasses tinted with hatred towards the Khan's who are the people that did

Tyske

Quote from: KJS on November 14, 2018, 03:59:32 PM
Quote from: Tyske on November 14, 2018, 03:49:27 PM

The real shame is that you can't remember who it was that Actually appointed Slavisa as manager of FFC through your glasses tinted with hatred towards the Khan's who are the people that did

1. Appointing and supporting are two different things, as shown by the Khans.
2. I don't hate the Khans, keep your insinuations to yourself.

Bassey the warrior

Sess hat trick against Sheff Utd.

Steph Johansen scoring some absolute beauties.

Odoi jumping on the cross bar.

But for me the best thing is Odoi skill vs Newcastle, I believe it was his debut too?

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 14, 2018, 05:30:17 PM
Sess hat trick against Sheff Utd.

Steph Johansen scoring some absolute beauties.

Odoi jumping on the cross bar.

But for me the best thing is Odoi skill vs Newcastle, I believe it was his debut too?
That was an underrated moment!

Burt

For me it was remaining unbeaten in that sequence of fixtures we had against teams above us. Beating Villa 2-0, drawing away at Bristol City, beating Wolves 2-0, winning 2-1 at Derby, beating Sheffield Utd 3-0 and then winning 2-1 at Preston.

Season-defining, and after that there was never any doubt in my mind that we would go up, albeit in true Fulhamish style we did it the hard way.