watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sacked over the phone?!

Started by Rambler, November 14, 2018, 05:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Hearing this is how Slavisa was told by the Khans.
Is this an American thing? Because frankly for what he has done for us I think he deserved a face to face meet. It seems very cowardly to do it over the phone.
Not impressed by the manner of his sacking

Holders

If true, he deserved better than that.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Neutral Zone Ultra

Having seen the Salford City documentary, it's not exactly a rare or unusual occurrence.

Milo

The Rock

Sort of American. If it were done on a Friday early in the am it would have been even more American. In American business there is no touchy feely manner when it comes to getting sacked. If you work in London and your boss is in Chicago, your boss usually would call from Chicago unless he were in London, and knowing Khan, he's got other business to run and over the phone was the way to go.

No bad feelings either, tough luck. Doesn't mean he didn't appreciate all SJ had done. Just the way it is.

MikeW

Hearsay and conjecture I suspect.  Article in The Guardian today says Khan was at Liverpool game.  Square that up.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Bassey the warrior

If true that's a disgrace. But let's not give rumours too much attention.

hovewhite

Who knows?if true not a good way to get sacked,is there a good way?

Milo

HV71

Sadly I have had to make hundreds of people redundant and regrettably had to sack quite a few. There is never a good way but , for me, it has to be done face to face. That is your responsibility - whether as owner or chief in charge. You are there lapping up the limelight on successful days ( Wembley ) so you can be there when there is sxxt to shovel. I had many of the former and the latter days  but the awful days take their toll

Matt10

It's not an American thing. I've had to let people go as well, and it was always face to face. I hope it was not done over the phone, that would be most unfortunate way to end things.

Statto

Quote from: MikeW on November 14, 2018, 05:50:06 PM
Hearsay and conjecture I suspect.  Article in The Guardian today says Khan was at Liverpool game.  Square that up.

Care to supply a link? I can't see it on their website.

Khan usually parks his superyacht in London when he is over here. It was there for the Jagaurs' London fixture a couple of weeks ago but not this week. So I'm inclined to believe he's not here, which would mean the sacking had to be done over the phone.

MikeW

Statto: Apologies, it was in The Times - feature by Alyson Rudd.

Her quote: "The Times understands he met Claudio Ranieri two days before Fulham's trip to Anfield but, still hopeful of a miracle so that he could stick by a man he had become very fond of working with, Khan travelled to Liverpool hoping for evidence he could offer Jokanovic a reprieve."
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Statto

Quote from: MikeW on November 14, 2018, 09:23:02 PM
Statto: Apologies, it was in The Times - feature by Alyson Rudd.

Her quote: "The Times understands he met Claudio Ranieri two days before Fulham's trip to Anfield but, still hopeful of a miracle so that he could stick by a man he had become very fond of working with, Khan travelled to Liverpool hoping for evidence he could offer Jokanovic a reprieve."

Fair enough

davew

Probably complete rubbish!!! I would like to think that our owner, his son or 1 of our leading executives would have had the balls to face him and break the news!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

The problem may be that they were separated by the Atlantic Ocean, we are still missing Concorde.

HV71

The Atlantic Ocean and the demise of Concorde doesnt  appear to be a problem though for an entire NFL team to play at Wembley. It is simply a matter of priorities

SWSixer

I was also disappointed the first mention of Slav leaving was by announcing Claudio arriving. No mention of thanks to Slavisa (that I could easily find).

But, I think it is a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' scenario for the Khans. Slav supporters are going to find issue with it either way.