more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sacked over the phone?!

Started by Rambler, November 14, 2018, 05:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

..FOF..

Quote from: SWSixer on November 14, 2018, 11:11:27 PM
I was also disappointed the first mention of Slav leaving was by announcing Claudio arriving. No mention of thanks to Slavisa (that I could easily find).

But, I think it is a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' scenario for the Khans. Slav supporters are going to find issue with it either way.

Now that we have a new manager, hopefully the next improvement will be how the board will run this team in the Premiership.

IKnowNothing

Quote from: davew on November 14, 2018, 09:26:51 PM
Probably complete rubbish!!! I would like to think that our owner, his son or 1 of our leading executives would have had the balls to face him and break the news!
And say thank you.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on November 14, 2018, 09:26:51 PM
Probably complete rubbish!!! I would like to think that our owner, his son or 1 of our leading executives would have had the balls to face him and break the news!

Unfortunately my information is that it was done via the Dog and Bone. which is disappointing if that is the case.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: HV71 on November 14, 2018, 06:32:26 PM
Sadly I have had to make hundreds of people redundant and regrettably had to sack quite a few. There is never a good way but , for me, it has to be done face to face. That is your responsibility - whether as owner or chief in charge. You are there lapping up the limelight on successful days ( Wembley ) so you can be there when there is sxxt to shovel. I had many of the former and the latter days  but the awful days take their toll

I assume you worked in HR? In which case that makes two of us. And I fully agee with your views on this.

HV71

No I was the President of a company based in London and Chicago  - thankfully though I had an HR professionals in each country who were top people ( with a sharp eye for business but with a real concern and understanding of people ) . Obviously none of us ever enjoyed those difficult situations- but our main goal was that when the individuals walked out of the room , having been told face to face , that they should do so with their dignity intact.
HR is an honourable profession that should never be under rated. I also bought a few companies in my time and found it if more value talking to their internal HR departments than listening to the likes of PWC who were paid. AST fees just to tell me the numbers added up. The real value in most businesses are the people - they are the true asset

Sadly Twig we just lost a gem

Holders

Quote from: Statto on November 14, 2018, 09:26:05 PM
Quote from: MikeW on November 14, 2018, 09:23:02 PM
Statto: Apologies, it was in The Times - feature by Alyson Rudd.

Her quote: "The Times understands he met Claudio Ranieri two days before Fulham's trip to Anfield but, still hopeful of a miracle so that he could stick by a man he had become very fond of working with, Khan travelled to Liverpool hoping for evidence he could offer Jokanovic a reprieve."

Fair enough

On another day it could have been 2-2.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ex-Pat

Sacked you're sacked, no easy way ,,,It's over JOG ON...

I Ronic

Quote from: Holders on November 15, 2018, 01:38:27 PM
Quote from: Statto on November 14, 2018, 09:26:05 PM
Quote from: MikeW on November 14, 2018, 09:23:02 PM
Statto: Apologies, it was in The Times - feature by Alyson Rudd.

Her quote: "The Times understands he met Claudio Ranieri two days before Fulham's trip to Anfield but, still hopeful of a miracle so that he could stick by a man he had become very fond of working with, Khan travelled to Liverpool hoping for evidence he could offer Jokanovic a reprieve."

Fair enough

On another day it could have been 2-2.

If as the article states the Chairman was hoping SJ could pull it round. Sacking him on the phone would seem to then be out of place. Unless SK was with his family in Spain ( I'm sure I read somewhere, his family live in Spain) or it was a question of making sure SK heard it first from the Chairman and not the press. Shahid Khan to date has always been clear and respectful in his written dealings with us the fans. Can't see he would change that with someone he has come to know, respect and probably likes.

alfie

Quote from: HV71 on November 14, 2018, 10:20:10 PM
The Atlantic Ocean and the demise of Concorde doesnt  appear to be a problem though for an entire NFL team to play at Wembley. It is simply a matter of priorities
I don't understand this comment, NFL teams arrangements would have been made months in advance
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't