Main Menu

In support of Anguissa

Started by Neutral Zone Ultra, November 14, 2018, 06:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IKnowNothing

Quote from: @jolslover on November 14, 2018, 06:57:11 PM
Quote from: KJS on November 14, 2018, 06:37:25 PM
I think we will see the true Anguissa under Ranieri

Agree. Here's hoping he turns into Kante!
From your lips to God's ear. Any God.

HV71

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 15, 2018, 12:15:21 AM
Quote from: Statto on November 14, 2018, 11:48:33 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on November 14, 2018, 10:59:23 PM
No doubt our fortunes have changed for the better since Tony Khan has taken over recruitment

Let's be clear here: Before this summer, 60% of the money spent since Tony Khan took over had gone on Sigurdsson, Fonte, Kebano, Kamara and Jozabed, none of whom ever held down a place in our first XI.

Prior to that, Rigg had his cock-ups but at least they were cheap (Ohara and Pringle were free transfers) and balanced against deals of the century like Cairney (£3m), Fredericks (£250k) and Ream (£1m).

I know we all have our opinions but surely it's accepted that when Tony Khan spends money, he generally spends it absolutely terribly.

He does spend it poorly. because of all the reasons Statto has stated, and why did T Khan waste all that money on Anguissa a player not only rough round the edges, but couldn't trap a bag of cement, and has only been playing for a professional club for a couple of seasons, and the Chairmans son has wasted all that money on him, that really is bright.
It's because of T Khan more than anyone else at the club, that Fulham are in this position, he bought players with no heart and no spine, and dropped them in Slavisas lap, and Slavisa takes the fall.
But you reap what you sow.
Whether Claudio can rescue Fulham remains to be seen, but if anyone can out of all the Managers that we're available he can.
But I don't envy him having the Chairmans son who is a total amateur compared to him hanging round his neck like a discarded anchor undermining his attempts to bring certain players he will want in the Transfer Window, not what T Khans stats want.
Otherwise we will go down without touching the sides.

+ 1.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Statto on November 14, 2018, 11:48:33 PM
No doubt our fortunes have changed for the better since Tony Khan has taken over recruitment

Let's be clear here: Before this summer, 60% of the money spent since Tony Khan took over had gone on Sigurdsson, Fonte, Kebano, Kamara and Jozabed, none of whom ever held down a place in our first XI.

Prior to that, Rigg had his cock-ups but at least they were cheap (Ohara and Pringle were free transfers) and balanced against deals of the century like Cairney (£3m), Fredericks (£250k) and Ream (£1m).

I know we all have our opinions but surely it's accepted that when Tony Khan spends money, he generally spends it absolutely terribly.

One has to wonder whats more important in the long run to TK, getting bogged down trying to prove his Stas business works or helping run his Dads football club.
Nothing wrong with looking to buy players and enhance their resale value or the elusive search for unpolished diamonds but if its contrary to what the man who picks the team wants there's always going to be a problem.

The Manager, Head coach, call him what you like has to get on with it but if you present him with the type of players and the timing of those signings as given to Mr Jokanovic you're asking for trouble.

Moltobueno

Quote from: Jamie88 on November 14, 2018, 06:27:47 PM
Sorry, I'm not seeing it. He looks clumsy every time he is on the ball. Kind of reminds me of Fofana in some ways in that most of his touches are so heavy that he continually looks like losing the ball.

I actually think he has the best technique of all Fulham players we've seen this season  :023:

Milo

So... he looks better when played alongside someone who does all the defensive midfield work for him?

Not sure that's a trait we need in a DM. Or indeed a trait anyone would want...?

filham

A player costing us all those millions  should be capable of fitting into any system. It is hard to see any side of his game that justifies a place in out team, MacDonald is a far better bet.

Woolly Mammoth

Zambo is certainly not giving value for money, and not punching his weight. Another Tony Khan expensive failure, Error of Judgement should be Khans middle name.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 15, 2018, 11:25:25 AM
Zambo is certainly not giving value for money, and not punching his weight. Another Tony Khan expensive failure, Error of Judgement should be Khans middle name.

Far too early to make that judgement. We have played 12 games and he has appeared in less than half. In and out of a faltering side gives him little chance. If he was good enough for Marseille and a European final he should be good enough for a middling premier league team. The same could be said for Mawson & Chambers. Established experienced premiership players not given a decent run in the team. We have had 12 different combinations in our back 5 in the 12 games. it is a little wonder that we have looked a mess.
To those who say he needs another DM alongside him, i have said from the outset that is what we should be playing against most other league teams. We cannot expect to out football many of the established sides at this stage but we could try to make a fight of it.

EJL

I think many of our players need a clean slate after our disastrous early season form, Anguissa included. Think we need to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SG on November 15, 2018, 11:49:02 AM

Far too early to make that judgement. We have played 12 games and he has appeared in less than half. In and out of a faltering side gives him little chance. If he was good enough for Marseille and a European final he should be good enough for a middling premier league team. The same could be said for Mawson & Chambers. Established experienced premiership players not given a decent run in the team. We have had 12 different combinations in our back 5 in the 12 games. it is a little wonder that we have looked a mess.
To those who say he needs another DM alongside him, i have said from the outset that is what we should be playing against most other league teams. We cannot expect to out football many of the established sides at this stage but we could try to make a fight of it.

You make some very good points.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: EJL on November 15, 2018, 12:18:41 PM
I think many of our players need a clean slate after our disastrous early season form, Anguissa included. Think we need to give him the benefit of the doubt.

On reflection I agree with you.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on November 14, 2018, 09:22:20 PM
So Tony Khan signed a player that didn't fit our one-DM system. What an idiot. Surely this is a perfect illustration of why it should have been him sacked today, not Slavisa.

I look forward to him signing 12 strikers in January and telling Ranieri to change our formation so we can play them all at one.
Last line is one to savour, Statto.

DevonFFC

Is there anywhere that stats that every transfer is solely decided by Tony Khan and no one else has any input.

Jesus Chris, Jump of your high horse. Business is about gambles, some you win some you don't and a footy player is no different.

At least we're not paying £400k a week for alexis Sanchez, he went from being a world beater to a boot cleaner.

FulhamStu

Is Anguissa and Seri in the country or away now on international duty ?

@jolslover

Quote from: FulhamStu on November 15, 2018, 10:32:24 PM
Is Anguissa and Seri in the country or away now on international duty ?

Away on international duty. Shame
STH H3

Mokes

So Tony Khan signed a player that didn't fit our one-DM system. What an idiot. Surely this is a perfect illustration of why it should have been him sacked today, not Slavisa.

You're unfamiliar with how nepotism works?

Mokes

I look forward to him signing 12 strikers in January and telling Ranieri to change our formation so we can play them all at one.

Disagree strongly with you and most of the forum on this no doubt. Before Tony Khan we were signing overpaid mercenaries looking for one last payday and players like Pringle and O'Hara. No doubt our fortunes have changed for the better since Tony Khan has taken over recruitment

Wasn't Ben Pringle only like 25-26 just coming off being Rotherhams Player of the Year? He turned out to be shite, sure but I don't remember anyone being disappointed when we signed him.. Same for Stearman that window which was wolves previous years POTS. Mike Rigg had just come in and everyone  was really positive about what he would do  for the team. We signed Cairney, Ream, Fredricks that window. A year later and with hindsight everyone was blaming him for it not working. Not dissimilar to Khan now.

Going back a touch further when Khan first came in and had no idea  at all, things were little more bleak though. Fotheringham, O'hara, Falzic, Kiraly...that whole Magath period really does seem like a incomprehensibly bad dream. With a Madman like Felix in charge it was no wonder we couldn't sign any decent players.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Mokes on November 16, 2018, 01:08:26 PM

Disagree strongly with you and most of the forum on this no doubt. Before Tony Khan we were signing overpaid mercenaries looking for one last payday and players like Pringle and O'Hara. No doubt our fortunes have changed for the better since Tony Khan has taken over recruitment

Wasn't Ben Pringle only like 25-26 just coming off being Rotherhams Player of the Year? He turned out to be shite, sure but I don't remember anyone being disappointed when we signed him.. Same for Stearman that window which was wolves previous years POTS. Mike Rigg had just come in and everyone  was really positive about what he would do  for the team. We signed Cairney, Ream, Fredricks that window. A year later and with hindsight everyone was blaming him for it not working. Not dissimilar to Khan now.

Going back a touch further when Khan first came in and had no idea  at all, things were little more bleak though. Fotheringham, O'hara, Falzic, Kiraly...that whole Magath period really does seem like a incomprehensibly bad dream. With a Madman like Felix in charge it was no wonder we couldn't sign any decent players.
I think the reason no one was disappointed by Pringle was although he was poo he seemed like better than we had before. Also mainly because he always used to score against us.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 15, 2018, 02:47:14 PM

Is there anywhere that stats that every transfer is solely decided by Tony Khan and no one else has any input.

Jesus Chris, Jump of your high horse. Business is about gambles, some you win some you don't and a footy player is no different.

At least we're not paying £400k a week for alexis Sanchez, he went from being a world beater to a boot cleaner.

My high horse is a dark horse, dangerous at both ends and uncomfortable in the middle.
Whereas going by your observations, yours is a rocking horse.

Never forget your Roots.