News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Ranieri set up at Leicester & how that may translate here.

Started by Spirit of 2000, November 15, 2018, 08:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleErn

this is what I come on this board for - intelligent speculation.

hovewhite

Quote from: Tyske on November 15, 2018, 03:01:59 PM
Very concerned that there will be a disruptive transition to a Ranieri style of play. Under Jokanovic we could only play one way, and that philosophy has been imprinted on the club for the past two years.
Many Slav Out posters on here hated Jokanovic's constant changes, ironically the team are about to get the mother of all changes.
that could go 🍐 shape v Southampton hope it doesn't but not sure systems changes,more players coming in to the team ,risky!

Matt10

In watching the FFCtv training session, it looks like a big emphasis on pressuring as soon as losing the ball. Absolutely love it.

Ranieri looks so passionate and Scotty Parker's voice is heard throughout the entire pitch.

Looks like a lot of movement defensively as an entire unit. Think it's going to be pretty aggressive. Defend in a triangle format where there is always a press, and it's shown he spent a bit of time talking to Chambers, who looked to be at CDM (right in front of Ream and Mawson).

Parker shouts "Lose possession? Compact!" so that further emphasizes the immediate press, probably a 8 second burst like Argentina have done in the past.

I know all speculation, but interesting to say the least.

RaySmith

We have looked desperate for some defensive organisation and discipline, so it would surely make a lot of difference if an effective system could be practised in training and implemented in  games, getting the right players in the right roles.

Well, it's easy to say these things on paper, and we are obviously looking for  positive things in training under the new man, but the team would do a lot better if we got the defending  sorted out.

I hope we do well under Ranieri, and that Slavisa's sacking then seems to have been  necessary  (it still hurts at the moment).

sunburywhite

Quote from: Moltobueno on November 15, 2018, 12:31:58 PM
So it could be:

Rico/Fabri/Bettinelli (Schmeichel)

Odoi/Christie (Simpson)     Odoi/Chambers (Huth)   Mawson/MLM (Morgan)    Bryan (Fuchs)

Anguissa/McDonald (Kante)    Johansen/Seri (Drinkwater)

Christie/Schurrle (Albrighton)                                                         Sessegnon/Kebano (Mahrez)
                                                      Cairney/Seri (Okazaki)

Mitrovic  (Vardy)

That looks good to me but I dont think we will get 21 players into the changing room at the same time
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

RaySmith

Quote from: Matt10 on November 16, 2018, 04:15:11 AM
In watching the FFCtv training session, it looks like a big emphasis on pressuring as soon as losing the ball. Absolutely love it.

Ranieri looks so passionate and Scotty Parker's voice is heard throughout the entire pitch.

Looks like a lot of movement defensively as an entire unit. Think it's going to be pretty aggressive. Defend in a triangle format where there is always a press, and it's shown he spent a bit of time talking to Chambers, who looked to be at CDM (right in front of Ream and Mawson).

Parker shouts "Lose possession? Compact!" so that further emphasizes the immediate press, probably a 8 second burst like Argentina have done in the past.

I know all speculation, but interesting to say the least.

Really liked this video - more of this  sort of thing please.

Agree, Ranieri did look passionate, and Parker played a big role.

I suppose you might have seen similar sessions under Slavisa, but this vid does engender positive feelings about the team under the new man.
Let's hope we feel this after the first game! Can't wait anyway.

glenhodgso

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 16, 2018, 08:04:34 AM
Quote from: Moltobueno on November 15, 2018, 12:31:58 PM
So it could be:

Rico/Fabri/Bettinelli (Schmeichel)

Odoi/Christie (Simpson)     Odoi/Chambers (Huth)   Mawson/MLM (Morgan)    Bryan (Fuchs)

Anguissa/McDonald (Kante)    Johansen/Seri (Drinkwater)

Christie/Schurrle (Albrighton)                                                         Sessegnon/Kebano (Mahrez)
                                                      Cairney/Seri (Okazaki)

Mitrovic  (Vardy)

That looks good to me but I dont think we will get 21 players into the changing room at the same time

Maybe not - but playing 3 goalkeepers should help mitigate the indecision so far this season of do I stay on my line? / do I 100% commit to go out for the ball? / do I go half way?  Now we can do all three....

Burt

It feels like there may be a Roy-like transition where everyone knows what they need to do, team ethic and discipline is high, the emphasis is on getting the basics right (particularly defending), etc.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Burt on November 16, 2018, 12:23:36 PM
It feels like there may be a Roy-like transition where everyone knows what they need to do, team ethic and discipline is high, the emphasis is on getting the basics right (particularly defending), etc.

I'm sure there will be a "back to basics" approach, defenders defend, keep shape, know their jobs, midfield press and tackle and track back, we even defend from the front when needed. Unfortunately the total football ideals of Slav will be shelved and a more pragmatic approach taken, much less, creativity, flair and by virtue of that risk. We won't be accused of ticca tacca or trying to walk the ball into the net at least!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 16, 2018, 12:49:07 PM

I'm sure there will be a "back to basics" approach, defenders defend, keep shape, know their jobs, midfield press and tackle and track back, we even defend from the front when needed. Unfortunately the total football ideals of Slav will be shelved and a more pragmatic approach taken, much less, creativity, flair and by virtue of that risk. We won't be accused of ticca tacca or trying to walk the ball into the net at least!

Yes we have to come to terms with the fact that, to survive and move up the table. Going back to basics is the only way.
Especially in the top Division, but in any Division the defence has to be priority first and foremost.
The less you concede, the less you need to score.
The Cavalier approach is wonderful, but we have to realise that to stop the rot and attempt to keep a clean sheet, that has to be the order of the day. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

Interesting to see who he picks and if he can change any of the new boys who did not perform under SJ.

Milo

Milo

Samsara

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 16, 2018, 12:49:07 PM

That's one thing that justifies Slav's departure. At least for me. His system required high amounts of possession to create a decent amount of chances. We rarely had the ball long enough to patiently pick apart an opponents defense while also preventing opposition chances by retaining possession. We didn't seem to have a counter attacking strategy which makes it hard to justify Slav's system if teams had more possession than us.

TC's Sporran

Ranieri followed on after Nigel pearson at Leicester who alsowanted  bhard workers, although not as extreme as ranieri.
At Hull,  pearson appreciated Cairneys passing abilities but needed more steel in midfield so played Cairney on the wing when selected.
Same as at Blackburn and for us early doors.
So Cairney for me gets dropped or plays on the wing with a bit of freedom to roam around which is not how he likes to play and will soon be off to pastures new.

I can see Ranieri getting results and given funds this Jan to buy the players he wants to play his way.
I cannot see any logic in bringing him here and asking him to carry on playing the "Fulham/Joka" way.
If he fails I am not as confident about him guiding us back into the prem as I would have been under Joka, but we have more chance of survival albeit the ugly way.

but hey what do we know?

Statto

Quote from: Statto on November 15, 2018, 08:35:29 AM
I'll have a £5 bet with anyone that Ranieri puts Seri straight back in the starting XI for the next match

Told you