News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who is more responsible.. Slav or Tony Khan?

Started by Milo, November 15, 2018, 09:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is more responsible?

Slavisa's management
14 (17.3%)
Khan's recruitment
35 (43.2%)
Equally responsible
32 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Statto

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 15, 2018, 05:28:54 PM
But as the same thing happened last season and we eventually got promoted. Then the debate will always be drawn between the promotion was won despite the awful players brought in or some other view. You will never ever make those who are against the transfer system believe otherwise.

It is a massive misinterpretation to say those blaming Khan are saying we have "awful players"

You could sign Messi and Ronaldo, but if they are injured, playing a new position in a new team in a new league with no time to practice or bond with their teammates or get fit, well they are going to be crap for a while.

After a few months they will probably look much better.

That doesn't mean it was the manager's fault they looked crap for those first few months, or that everyone who said they looked crap was wrong.

What it does mean is, you are probably a fulham supporter because that's what's happened here every summer for the last few years.

Milo

What's interesting is that only 16% think Slavisa is responsible for our league position. That correlates with the post Liverpool poll re: Slavisa in or out.

The majority of people who voted believe Slav isn't to blame, and nearly half believe that Tony Khan is!

Lighthouse

Quote from: Milo on November 15, 2018, 07:32:40 PM
What's interesting is that only 16% think Slavisa is responsible for our league position. That correlates with the post Liverpool poll re: Slavisa in or out.

The FoF faithful believe Slav isn't to blame, and nearly half believe that Tony Khan is!

But it doesn't matter. The fact is the old coach is gone and we need to get behind the new one. Then we can turn on him and blame the owner and his son. But without them we would be without a football club. Although no doubt some people would claim somebody better would turn up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

The FoF faithful believe Slav isn't to blame, and nearly half believe that Tony Khan is!
What is this "FoF faithful", your wording implies that everyone thought Slav wasn't to blame,
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Milo

Quote from: alfie on November 15, 2018, 08:06:41 PM

What is this "FoF faithful", your wording implies that everyone thought Slav wasn't to blame,

Ah.. I'll reword to say "the majority of FoF members who voted on this poll".

Headlines clearly not my forte... Doesn't sound like I'm ever going to make a very good journalist! Best stick to the day job!

HV71

I'm sure quite a few people understood where you were coming from Milo

Andy S

There is no point in us pointing the finger of blame as we will never know everything that went on. It does no good anyway

I Ronic

The majority of people who voted believe Slav isn't to blame, and nearly half believe that Tony Khan is!

Only a few short months ago SJ brought us back to the Premiership. There was and still is a huge amount of respect for the guy. Also a huge amount of sadness that he hasn't been able to get his team to play the kind of good looking football in the top league that he provided last year. A good many Fulham fans don't expect you to be the greatest. Above all else it's about being the best you can be and committed. He was and is both of those things. I think that is, in a small way why his vote is low.

Camel Club

If blame is the correct word I honestly believe it is the circumstances surrounding our promotion and the unique close season this year. Looking back (360° hindsight is always a wonderful thing) our poor start to the season was inevitable.

To begin with we had a significant number of loan players; some of whom we desperately wanted to sign and others we were happy to let go. Even if we'd have stayed in the Championship recruitment would have been an issue. We had a very thin squad and it needed significant reinforcements.

Factor in the fact that we obtained promotion a fortnight after Wolves and Cardiff, that a World Cup was about to start and that the transfer window was to close before the new season even  started this year the odds were stacked against us. Yes a lot of money was spent but it was naive in the extreme to expect us to get off to a flyer.

I think in the end Slav lost his way because of the mounting pressure and he was arguably too close to the problem to be able to identify solutions. This is a bloody good squad of players and I'm pretty sure that Ranieri (I'm assuming he has now watched on video most of our games this season) will have already made a number of key decisions.

Looking back Slav may have been better served by sticking with those who were so prominent in our promotion side and then gradually introducing the new faces.

I also can't help but think how good it would have been to have retained Fredericks as our first choice right back and to have signed Matt Targett as our main left back. Maybe then Slav would have been able to concentrate more on the centre back pairing and have arrived at the conclusion a lot earlier that 4-3-3 wasn't going to deliver for him at this level.

We are where we are but I think we can be cautiously optimistic about the rest of this season. COYW.

alfie

Quote from: Milo on November 15, 2018, 08:12:56 PM
Quote from: alfie on November 15, 2018, 08:06:41 PM

Ah.. I'll reword to say "the majority of FoF members who voted on this poll".

Headlines clearly not my forte... Doesn't sound like I'm ever going to make a very good journalist! Best stick to the day job!
No you're fine, it's more fun when I don't know what something means, can lead to interesting discussions.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

..FOF..

Let's just say that in the next 4 months we would probably have the answer.

CR seems to agree with our recruitment policy. So that will be a constant.

If it don't work again, we have to take a deep look into the board's way of doing things.

On the other hand, I have always said that Data Science have to be balanced with good human values and interaction.

So if things are going well, then we have to look at CR character and how he deals and negotiate with the board and players not familiar to him.

With this psychology observation, I hope they can improve and move forward stronger.

Talking about psychology, I hope we will have a dedicated Sports Psychologist now.... the way Fulham play have potential and it seems that just need that mental push to last the whole 90+++min.

Nero

As FOF says above the next few weeks will tell if its the recruitment or the coaching. Think the problem was Slav really didn't start concentrating on the defensive side until it was to late, but I think it was more the lack of fight shown by the team which was his undoing

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on November 15, 2018, 07:19:24 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 15, 2018, 05:28:54 PM
But as the same thing happened last season and we eventually got promoted. Then the debate will always be drawn between the promotion was won despite the awful players brought in or some other view. You will never ever make those who are against the transfer system believe otherwise.

It is a massive misinterpretation to say those blaming Khan are saying we have "awful players"

You could sign Messi and Ronaldo, but if they are injured, playing a new position in a new team in a new league with no time to practice or bond with their teammates or get fit, well they are going to be crap for a while.

After a few months they will probably look much better.

That doesn't mean it was the manager's fault they looked crap for those first few months, or that everyone who said they looked crap was wrong.

What it does mean is, you are probably a fulham supporter because that's what's happened here every summer for the last few years.

No it isn't a massive interpretation because I have seen it stated time and time again. Maybe not by you and it may not be your view. But I am afraid not everybody agrees with your view. Fact is people have stated that we have awful players and it is down to the transfer system we employ. A few have also stated that they would have preferred relegation with our last coach to not staying up with our present coach. Fans have many variable views. I am sorry if you read somewhere that I stated all fans that hold the view that our transfer system is wrong believe we have awful players. I didn't unless I was very tired at the time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

toshes mate

Almost seven out of ten voters point the finger at Tony Khan.  I wonder what promises have been made to Mr Ranieri.  The next episodes in the saga are going to be interesting but I doubt they'll be enjoyable.

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on November 16, 2018, 01:29:12 PM
Almost seven out of ten voters point the finger at Tony Khan.  I wonder what promises have been made to Mr Ranieri.  The next episodes in the saga are going to be interesting but I doubt they'll be enjoyable.
and almost six out of ten voters point the finger at Joka
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

But if that was a football match Jok would win 7 6, and TK would lose 6 7. That would be the result, bearing in mind that Joks victory margin would be even greater if the referee had disallowed a number of TK goals that were clearly offside.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

now more than 8 out of 10 (81.7%) holding Khan equally or more responsible

the announcement of Ranieri's appointment on the official site said Khan "will continue to oversee First Team player recruitment" which indicates nothing is changing 

with that sort of accountability, Tony Khan may as well be based in Brussels

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on November 16, 2018, 02:01:28 PM
and almost six out of ten voters point the finger at Joka
I was looking only at the original split vote prior to the addition of the middle road.  Those who blame both are kind of nebulous because there is no way of apportioning the joint blame.  But I would have gone along with both Khan and Jokanovic sacked together for a clean slate.  The end of blighted nepotism would have been a brilliant outcome for FFC which is what I desire most as I am sure we all do.  As it is we still have the real problem unless Ranieri has negotiated it away.

tommy

I don't think we can blame Kahn for his recruitment. I don't see how anyone else would have done any better. We don't have an endless supply of cash. He was probably given that £100m max figure and sent out to buy a new team pretty much. Who else could he have brought in. We were favourites for relegation so it was a big risk for any player to come to us.

alfie

Quote from: Statto on November 16, 2018, 02:37:24 PM

now more than 8 out of 10 (81.7%) holding Khan equally or more responsible

the announcement of Ranieri's appointment on the official site said Khan "will continue to oversee First Team player recruitment" which indicates nothing is changing 

with that sort of accountability, Tony Khan may as well be based in Brussels
Mr Statto, if you are going to quote then give the full quote
"Khan will continue to oversee first team player recruitment, working closely with Raneiri"
Which actually does indicate a change.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't