Started by rusty shackleford, November 15, 2018, 04:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickeyboro

Young? Compared to his successor![emoji4]
Good luck to him indeed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filham

A fond farewell.
Jokanovic will now go down as one of our better managers and one that will be well remembered.

Woolly Mammoth

He will be remembered long after Tony Khan has gone.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFCpmd

Slavisa, you made all Fulham fans proud again, and you gave us back our belief. There will always be the warmest possible welcome for you at Craven Cottage. Thank you for the most wonderful memories. 

RoyTund

I think he genuinely loves fulham. I will never forget the statement re Chris Martin at Reading game. Leaving aside the train station the "I don't know if he will play for fulham again this season but I know he will not play for Derby. This is London's oldest team and deserve respect". He gave us that and more. One of my favourite managers this club has had. All the best Slav.

Tyske

Didn't expect to tear up a bit at reading this.

What a model professional and gentleman.

The Rock

This was not written by him. His English in not this good.

Khan must have paid him and made sure he was taken care of. That's just class.

I'd give both SJ and Khan a big bear hug.

milis

Quote from: The Rock on November 16, 2018, 12:19:28 AM

If this was released to the press by Slavisa than be sure he wrote it himself. It was written in Serbian and than it's been translated to English by a professional translator.

The Rock

Quote from: milis on November 16, 2018, 12:45:56 AM
Quote from: The Rock on November 16, 2018, 12:19:28 AM

If this was released to the press by Slavisa than be sure he wrote it himself. It was written in Serbian and than it's been translated to English by a professional translator.

Reasonable.

St Eve

Thank you Slav for getting us into the premiership. Always professional.  A very classy man.

Twig

Still feeling emotional at his departure. Top man. I got t a lump in my throat reading his statement. I do hope he gets a great job soon and enjoys success. Always remembered at the Cottage.

Dryden

A very dignified response from an honourable man which makes me even sadder that he has gone.

Khans there's a lesson in his statement for you.

Cornishnick

Dignified is the right word. The poker face belied a true gentleman. This could have been just a publicity 'thing' but I think his true character has shone through that statement.

A very sad ending but Khan was faced with the choice of going back down or making the change he did. Viewing it from his side of the pond, it was as simple as that. Money wouldn't be too much of an issue, it's the kudos of owning a premier league club.

The Old Count

Sorry he's gone. I think he would have turned it around. A class act. Srecno to him in the future

toshes mate

Good luck to one of my favourite managers of all time at any club but especially at FFC.  He is someone I hoped would stay at the Cottage for long enough to enjoy the success his hardworking methods deserved  perhaps eclipsing any other former FFC manager. 

No surprises here about his sign off.  A truly great professional who didn't once blot his copy book.   He has qualities our owners can only dream about.  Truly sorry to see you go SJ and hope you find your silver lining.

Moltobueno

Hope to play against Slav next season. In Premier League.

Thanks for all  049:gif

bill taylors apprentice

Mr Jokanovic gave us great football and more importantly his efforts ensured we regained our respect!

Bill2

Thoroughly enjoyed his time as Manager, played some lovely football.

Sad to see him go but that is always the way in a results dominated business.

Wish him all the luck for the future, I am sure he won't be out of work for long.

Russianrob