watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: The Professionals

Started by Berserker, November 15, 2018, 05:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Just watching the Professionals and have been having a discussion about which is the best one, Bodie or Doyle.

Well then which one did people prefer, Bodie or Doyle?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Found Mr Hudson to be the best. Although as a follow up to Upstairs Downstairs I did get confused. Was Bodie the understairs butler or had Doyle taken over from Mrs Bridges? 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Doyle(Martin Shaw) the other one couldn't act my cabbages.

davew

Doyle!! I never realised he is older than me, 73 now 6 years older than me, he has always looked so much younger! I actually preferred Gordon Jackson always in charge of team selection and transfers!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HV71

It's the make up davew - ......not yours - his

Logicalman

Quote from: davew on November 15, 2018, 08:21:01 PM
Doyle!! I never realised he is older than me, 73 now 6 years older than me, he has always looked so much younger! I actually preferred Gordon Jackson always in charge of team selection and transfers!

We ALL looked younger 40 years ago Dave!!  :016:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

davew

HV71 and Logicalman, I feel so much better now (lol), thanks for the reassurance!

davew

Didn't realise that Gordon Jackson died in 1990, I know time flies by, but 28 years ago!!!!

HV71

Speak for yourself .......,...... I was going bald even then !🙁

davew

Quote from: HV71 on November 15, 2018, 08:34:46 PM

Speak for yourself .......,...... I was going bald even then !🙁
LOL

ScalleysDad

the current Mrs Short preferred the George Gently one then I came along with my wavy hair, big muscles and a land rover and he was dropped until he reappeared as a Judge. I had very little hair by then, not so big muscles but still got the land rover. The woman has no commitment!!!!!!

showbiz gossip. They couldn't stand each other.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

Given the events if the last couple of days I thought that the title of this post was very apt .

Fernhurst

Bodie came to open a car showroom in our quiet town in the seventies. My wife and I had been invited along and while the manager was showing me the latest model Bodie (emboldened by the free drink) started chatting up my wife!!!
Almost had to put him down!!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

I Ronic

Does anybody remember the  "Comic Strip Presents" send up "The Bull$hitters" Keith Allen and Peter Richardson took the staring roles with Robbie Coltrane playing the Gordon Jackson character.  They were continually looking in mirrors and doing their hair while chasing the bad guys wearing tight y-fronts, boots and big guns. 

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 15, 2018, 10:58:27 PM
the current Mrs Short preferred the George Gently one then I came along with my wavy hair, big muscles and a land rover and he was dropped until he reappeared as a Judge. I had very little hair by then, not so big muscles but still got the land rover. The woman has no commitment!!!!!!

showbiz gossip. They couldn't stand each other.

What I said earlier about couldn't act cabbages,was something along the lines Shaw said about Collins,true they didn't get on.
Its totally different off screen in real life with lots of actors, Robbie Coltrane and Lenny Henry made a touring program back in early eighties,they were filming in Suffolk and stayed where I live in Newmarket, they were always at one another and one night in the bar at the Rutland hotel Coltrane knocked Henry out with one right hander,apparently he put Ray Winstone on his ass as well.🙌

Mince n Tatties

Of course it works the other way as well,and some become buddies in real life.
Bob Hoskins played a few nasty parts in his time that were so far from what he was really like.
I remember when he died Julie Walters saying that one could walk round the planet three times and never meet a more honest and nicer person than Bob Hoskins.

gezkc

I always thought Bodie was cooler. I had a "Professionals kit" when I was a child - CI5 id card, gun with detachable silencer, sight and stock and a shoulder holster, and I always pretended I was Bodie!

I liked Lewis Collins in Who Dares Wins too. He might not have been the world's greatest actor, but that was a great film.

WhiteJC

Bodie was cooler, but Doyle was the "hard man", on balance I preferred Bodie

Fulham33

Can't watch it. I worked in that building used in the introduction each week for over 25 years. Insurance brokers. Don't want to dispel the myth.