watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

International breaks, I hate them!!

Started by davew, November 15, 2018, 08:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

A topic which crops up too often each year, but imho apart from the World Cup qualifiers what a complete waste of time!! I hope that as part of the Brexit deal we will not be allowed to compete in the European championships, nobody has mentioned that so far have they? Slightly (or fully) biased all these breaks and there are more to come will not help teams like us but quite the opposite. In our predicament, new manager, struggling at the bottom of the league, after 12 games no sign of putting a decent team together and now another week and a half with a lot of our players away on international duty, are we really able to make any improvements before 1 of the most vital games for us coming up, just can't see it!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Reginald Hitchincrop is 92 and lives on a Barge on the Thames estuary.😵

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 15, 2018, 08:20:25 PM
Must be the first time I haven't understood one of your posts Mince, please enlighten me and then I will apologise!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on November 15, 2018, 08:26:32 PM
Must be the first time I haven't understood one of your posts Mince, please enlighten me and then I will apologise!

I've opened the home brew earlier this evening out in the shed(her indoors don't know its there) quite potent...Who's Reginald Hitchincrop.🙅

davew

No idea, you brought him up into the conversation, is he Ranieri's new assistant or somebody we have signed up on a free transfer to play at full back? Hope you have insulated your shed, sounds like you are spending a lot of time there lately and as per Game of Thrones "Winter is coming"!

Mince n Tatties

Some character I read somewhere in a Railway detective novel,or was it Cecilia Chirpinthrush..lol

davew

Itchincrop and thrush, a painful combination!

Mince n Tatties

Night Dave take care,I'm off indoors now,my turn to make the cocoa and toasted buns..

HV71

cocoa and toasted buns..

No way to get revenge on the wife Mince

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 15, 2018, 08:36:09 PM
Night Dave take care,I'm off indoors now,my turn to make the cocoa and toasted buns..
LOL, Night!!

KJS

Quote from: davew on November 15, 2018, 08:12:02 PM
A topic which crops up too often each year, but imho apart from the World Cup qualifiers what a complete waste of time!! I hope that as part of the Brexit deal we will not be allowed to compete in the European championships, nobody has mentioned that so far have they? Slightly (or fully) biased all these breaks and there are more to come will not help teams like us but quite the opposite. In our predicament, new manager, struggling at the bottom of the league, after 12 games no sign of putting a decent team together and now another week and a half with a lot of our players away on international duty, are we really able to make any improvements before 1 of the most vital games for us coming up, just can't see it!!

We are leaving the EU not Europe!! Switzerland have never been in it but they still play in the Euros!!! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

alfie

The players like them
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

I enjoy and prefer the International Break.
Everything in between is a nuisance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Unless we have Sky we don't even get a peep at England, International breaks are a nuisance.

Grumpy Worthing White

International break gives me time to watch my Non League side in one of my old home towns.... Whyteleafe the pride of North East Surrey (Apparently)  092.gif

Russianrob

King_Crud

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 15, 2018, 08:30:39 PM

I've opened the home brew earlier this evening out in the shed(her indoors don't know its there) quite potent...Who's Reginald Hitchincrop.🙅

what was your homebrew? I'm bottling a German lager tonight, next brew will be a milk chocolate stout, ready in time for christmas

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: King_Crud on November 16, 2018, 10:15:35 AM

what was your homebrew? I'm bottling a German lager tonight, next brew will be a milk chocolate stout, ready in time for christmas

Brupaks Yorkshire bitter,first time I've made it,quite tasty.

Holders

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 16, 2018, 11:11:59 AM
Quote from: King_Crud on November 16, 2018, 10:15:35 AM

Brupaks Yorkshire bitter,first time I've made it,quite tasty.

Rather like Sir Roger de Coverley who lived for some time in exile in Virginia before returning home as Reel ale. .
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Russianrob on November 16, 2018, 07:40:47 AM
The break is an irritation!

Breaking your finger is an iritation.
Breaking your heart is an irritation.
Breaking a promise is an iritation.
Breaking wind is an iritation.
Breaking bad news is an iritation.
Breaking rocks in a penitentiary is an irritation.
But the International Break should be embraced.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.