Main Menu

Claudio on Sky Sports News now

Started by Bill2, November 16, 2018, 03:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

filham

Quote from: Bill2 on November 16, 2018, 03:02:09 PM
The new boss on the box now.
Is he confident of a win against Southampton.

Woolly Mammoth

Claudio says the players must fight like Pirates, he is right there. As long as none of the players play with a wooden leg, or the keeper with a hooked hand.
I don't mind the Parrot on the shoulder. I can handle that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 16, 2018, 05:34:09 PM
Claudio says the players must fight like Pirates, he is right there. As long as none of the players play with a wooden leg, or the keeper with a hooked hand.

Haha...thx for the morning chuckle......

filham

Good to hear, hope he takes the responsibility of making each player make maximum effort.

HV71

Ah Captain Pugwash is rallying his charges ! Maybe Billy will have to become the black ( and white ) pig . Who will become Master ....B..... sorry mind ?

Burt

Burt

Claudio Ranieri has warned Fulham fans to expect no miracles this season, after replacing Slavisa Jokanovic at Craven Cottage.

Jokanovic was sacked on Wednesday with Fulham bottom of the Premier League, having taken just five points from their first 12 games back in the top flight.

Ranieri achieved one of the greatest upsets in the history of sport by leading 5000-1 outsiders Leicester to the Premier League title in 2016.

However, the Italian says Fulham cannot rely on miracles to avoid relegation this season.

"We have to work hard," said Ranieri. "That was a bonus, a fairytale. Forget it. Now it is important to not think about miracles.

"There will be a lot of battles. It is important to be ready together - the club, the players, the fans, all together.

"They have to support us in the bad moments. This is a bad moment."

Fulham have already conceded 31 goals in the Premier League, the most of any team in the division, and Ranieri says he is willing to abandon the club's attacking style of football if it leads to better results.

"Fulham concede a lot of goals," he said. "I am an Italian manager and for us Italians, it is important to maintain a clean sheet."

He added: "At this moment it is important to forget what happened yesterday and look forward. It is important to win points.

"I hope we can play well but if we play well and lose the match, it is a big problem.

"Fulham played so well against Manchester City, for example, and lost. They played so well against Liverpool, and lost the match.

"I hope to play worse than in these two matches and win the match. That is most important."

Fulham return to action after the international break with a home game against Southampton, with only three points separating the two teams in the table.

Ranieri famously promised his Leicester squad pizza if they achieved clean sheets, but the Italian says he has a different reward in mind for his new players if they keep out the Saints.

"I have to promise something more, the pizza is not enough," he said. "Maybe it is better for everybody to go to McDonald's!"

H4usuallysitting

I thought he said fight like Pyrex.....is he sponsored by the well known catering brand

..FOF..

Quote from: Burt on November 16, 2018, 07:01:43 PM
Ranieri famously promised his Leicester squad pizza if they achieved clean sheets, but the Italian says he has a different reward in mind for his new players if they keep out the Saints.

"I have to promise something more, the pizza is not enough," he said. "Maybe it is better for everybody to go to McDonald's!"

Kevin better whip up a mean dish.

TC's Sporran

Strange one for me, he won the title with largely Nigel Pearsons team. Then next season  with a few player changes looked as if he was heading for relegation - 4th bottom when he got fired.
So no real pedigree at surviving the drop.
and no pedigree for gaining promotion from the championship should we go down

any bets Joka gets snapped up by a championship team and goes passes us by at the end of the season in the opposite direction?

obviously I hope tinkerman can work his magic but I doubt we have the players he needs

David I

We have to work hard ... no sh1t Shirlock

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on November 17, 2018, 02:04:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7avh_g_ARI

Liam Rosinear was spot on about the scatter gun approach of the Fulhams recruitment and panic buys, and signing two keepers, and why the heart of the team was ripped out because of so many new players, whom hardly any have made a proper impact. He criticised Fulhams recruitment policy, but then who hasn't, and intimated who he thought was the architect of all this without actually naming names.
So is anyone surprised as to why there is currently no team spirit or heart beat in this team.
The wrong man was dismissed, but nevertheless, Claudio has a job on his hands, he has been brought in because of his experience, there is no guarantee he can save us, but at the moment he is one man that is capable.
He may have to upset a few perfectionists who live in the land of the cuckoo to achieve and gain precious points, needs must.
Draw 0 0, win 1 0, whatever it takes.

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

No more sexy football guys, defensively looking sound is as good as it gets I think,also where does TC fit in if anywhere but will accept it if we win games but sorting this mess of Khan's work players wise he will have to be a magician!

toshes mate

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 17, 2018, 08:04:48 AM
The wrong man was dismissed....
Perhaps, and put a little more succintly, the wrong man was appointed to a senior football position.  Khan Jnr was, via his appointment, responsible for Jokanovic's performances and the synergy was nowhere to be seen in absolutely ensuring he retained players like Malone, Aluko, Fredericks, Targett and Kalas, once it was established they were core to FFC's success.  For sure you look for improvement via the transfer market but these should be additions and not replacement.  The whole philosophy of how to build a successful team was misapplied in the role Khan Jnr played and unbelievably he is still in post.  That is a really sick joke that FFC are telling us and I wish Khan Snr would stop trying to make us laugh.   

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on November 17, 2018, 08:35:58 AM
Perhaps, and put a little more succintly, the wrong man was appointed to a senior football position.  Khan Jnr was, via his appointment, responsible for Jokanovic's performances and the synergy was nowhere to be seen in absolutely ensuring he retained players like Malone, Aluko, Fredericks, Targett and Kalas, once it was established they were core to FFC's success.  For sure you look for improvement via the transfer market but these should be additions and not replacement.  The whole philosophy of how to build a successful team was misapplied in the role Khan Jnr played and unbelievably he is still in post.  That is a really sick joke that FFC are telling us and I wish Khan Snr would stop trying to make us laugh.   

0001.jpeg

Never forget your Roots.

gang

I don't totally disagree with you about Khan Jnr not being good at his job but Malone left for Premier league, Aluko left for money, Fredericks wouldn't sign a new contract, Targett was on loan and Southampton wouldn't sell and Kalas returned to his parent club after being dropped by Joka.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: gang on November 17, 2018, 04:20:35 PM

I don't totally disagree with you about Khan Jnr not being good at his job but Malone left for Premier league, Aluko left for money, Fredericks wouldn't sign a new contract, Targett was on loan and Southampton wouldn't sell and Kalas returned to his parent club after being dropped by Joka.
Correct, and in my view none of those players, with the possible exceptions of Kalas and Targett would improve our current team. Targett can't even get a game for Southampton at the moment.

SG

Quote from: gang on November 17, 2018, 04:20:35 PM

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument