more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Claudio on Sky Sports News now

Started by Bill2, November 16, 2018, 03:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: TC's Sporran on November 16, 2018, 11:10:42 PM
Strange one for me, he won the title with largely Nigel Pearsons team. Then next season  with a few player changes looked as if he was heading for relegation - 4th bottom when he got fired.
So no real pedigree at surviving the drop.
and no pedigree for gaining promotion from the championship should we go down

any bets Joka gets snapped up by a championship team and goes passes us by at the end of the season in the opposite direction?

obviously I hope tinkerman can work his magic but I doubt we have the players he needs
They may well have been Pearson's players, but it was Ranieri who got them to play in away that won the Premiership, you can have all the players but it's about how you set them.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Twig

Quote from: HV71 on November 16, 2018, 05:43:51 PM
Ah Captain Pugwash is rallying his charges ! Maybe Billy will have to become the black ( and white ) pig . Who will become Master ....B..... sorry mind ?

Not to mention Se..man Staines!

Twig

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 17, 2018, 09:54:56 PM
Quote from: gang on November 17, 2018, 04:20:35 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on November 17, 2018, 08:35:58 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 17, 2018, 08:04:48 AM
The wrong man was dismissed....
Perhaps, and put a little more succintly, the wrong man was appointed to a senior football position.  Khan Jnr was, via his appointment, responsible for Jokanovic's performances and the synergy was nowhere to be seen in absolutely ensuring he retained players like Malone, Aluko, Fredericks, Targett and Kalas, once it was established they were core to FFC's success.  For sure you look for improvement via the transfer market but these should be additions and not replacement.  The whole philosophy of how to build a successful team was misapplied in the role Khan Jnr played and unbelievably he is still in post.  That is a really sick joke that FFC are telling us and I wish Khan Snr would stop trying to make us laugh.   

I don't totally disagree with you about Khan Jnr not being good at his job but Malone left for Premier league, Aluko left for money, Fredericks wouldn't sign a new contract, Targett was on loan and Southampton wouldn't sell and Kalas returned to his parent club after being dropped by Joka.
Correct, and in my view none of those players, with the possible exceptions of Kalas and Targett would improve our current team. Targett can't even get a game for Southampton at the moment.

I guess we will never know but I agree these can hardly be laid at Tony Khan's door. Even if he has made other mistakes.

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on November 18, 2018, 07:27:44 PM
Perhaps, and put a little more succintly, the wrong man was appointed to a senior football position.  Khan Jnr was, via his appointment, responsible for Jokanovic's performances and the synergy was nowhere to be seen in absolutely ensuring he retained players like Malone, Aluko, Fredericks, Targett and Kalas, once it was established they were core to FFC's success.  For sure you look for improvement via the transfer market but these should be additions and not replacement.  The whole philosophy of how to build a successful team was misapplied in the role Khan Jnr played and unbelievably he is still in post.  That is a really sick joke that FFC are telling us and I wish Khan Snr would stop trying to make us laugh.   

I don't totally disagree with you about Khan Jnr not being good at his job but Malone left for Premier league, Aluko left for money, Fredericks wouldn't sign a new contract, Targett was on loan and Southampton wouldn't sell and Kalas returned to his parent club after being dropped by Joka.
Correct, and in my view none of those players, with the possible exceptions of Kalas and Targett would improve our current team. Targett can't even get a game for Southampton at the moment.

I guess we will never know but I agree these can hardly be laid at Tony Khan's door. Even if he has made other mistakes.
Once you have blown money on players like Fonte (as an example of a misfit) you cannot spend it again on the wages necessary to secure players who have demonstrated just how valuable they are/were to Fulham in terms of performances.   Of course wage imabalances are also a feature of the job Khan has in his remit to rectify and we may have seen how well that has gone down with players this season.  I am sorry but your Vice Chair is paid for responsibility and not because he is the owner's son.   

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: toshes mate on November 19, 2018, 10:26:49 AM

Once you have blown money on players like Fonte (as an example of a misfit) you cannot spend it again on the wages necessary to secure players who have demonstrated just how valuable they are/were to Fulham in terms of performances.   Of course wage imabalances are also a feature of the job Khan has in his remit to rectify and we may have seen how well that has gone down with players this season.  I am sorry but your Vice Chair is paid for responsibility and not because he is the owner's son.
Fredericks demanded to be the highest paid player at the club, which quite frankly, was a joke. Given the circumstances it was the right decision not to renew his contract.

toshes mate

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 19, 2018, 10:35:31 AM

Fredericks demanded to be the highest paid player at the club, which quite frankly, was a joke. Given the circumstances it was the right decision not to renew his contract.
Of course it had nothing to do with the extention option clause which was missing from Fredericks's contract then.....  I am sorry but you are trying to over simplify a complex matter which is why people are paid so much money to do it.  What happens when they fail? .... zilch.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: toshes mate on November 19, 2018, 10:44:30 AM

Of course it had nothing to do with the extention option clause which was missing from Fredericks's contract then.....  I am sorry but you are trying to over simplify a complex matter which is why people are paid so much money to do it.  What happens when they fail? .... zilch.
If there was an extension option then he would have just handed in a transfer request.

KJS

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 19, 2018, 10:47:22 AM

If there was an extension option then he would have just handed in a transfer request.

Not sure why anyone is bothered about Fredricks as he can't even hold down a starting place in the West Ham team because he has been pretty appalling when he was selected??

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I still find it ironic that we're struggling cos Slav couldn't find his best team, and he's been replaced by "The Tinkerman".
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on November 19, 2018, 11:01:57 AM
I still find it ironic that we're struggling cos Slav couldn't find his best team, and he's been replaced by "The Tinkerman".
I think it's an overused epithet. When he was at Leicester he barely changed the team at all.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: KJS on November 19, 2018, 10:59:18 AM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 19, 2018, 10:47:22 AM

Not sure why anyone is bothered about Fredricks as he can't even hold down a starting place in the West Ham team because he has been pretty appalling when he was selected??
Exactly, I don't see how he would transform our team. And as for Targett, he can't get a game for Southampton.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 19, 2018, 11:04:05 AM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on November 19, 2018, 11:01:57 AM
I think it's an overused epithet. When he was at Leicester he barely changed the team at all.

To be fair though, my mate whos a blue scum, said his work is the basis of their success.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

SuffolkWhite

He can tinker all he likes as long as we start winning and stay up!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"