watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Four Potential Claudio Ranieri Signings That Can Save Fulham’s Season

Started by Lucav07, November 17, 2018, 10:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucav07

Hi guys, a new video was uploaded on my YouTube channel earlier today. In this video I identify four potential signings that Claudio Ranieri could mane in order to help save our season (all players mentioned were subject to media speculation) as well as discussing the pros & cons of each & also analysing what qualities each of the four individuals can bring to the team.

aaronmcguigan

We can't sign Drinkwater, Cahill, Christensen or Matip on loan until we get rid of one of our premier league loans. The maximum is 2 , and TFM/ Chambers fill those at the minute.

Wouldn't go near Okaka but Okazaki maybe. I'd sign Huth Just to have him rough up everyone in training to toughen these boys up with a bit of confrontation

Lucav07

Of course, it would be a problem trying to get loan deals sorted having exceeded our quota already. I just want to reiterate that these players mentioned are only things I've seen in the media & I've just basically given my thoughts. I could possibly see maybe 2-3 signings at a push as we don't want to sign another load of players as it just wouldn't work. I agree, Okaka is a no go, no need to sign an old cast off
[/quote]

Lucav07

I think his experience would be invaluable, knows Ranieri's system extremely well. I don't think it would be terrible to have that know how in & around the dressing room until the end of the season.

filham

So we think a few further millions is going to be made available by the chairman for new January signings.
If so I just hope we sign players of Ranieri's choice and that the chairman's son keeps his nose out of it.

toshes mate

Quote from: filham on November 18, 2018, 12:40:32 PM
So we think a few further millions is going to be made available by the chairman for new January signings.
If so I just hope we sign players of Ranieri's choice and that the chairman's son keeps his nose out of it.
Spot on.

filham

Of course we have ten to twelve critical matches to play before any January signing will be ready to play for us. Essential that our present players are sorted and coached into a team capable of picking up points long before then.

Matt10

You would think we had learned our lesson. This isn't FIFA. Signing players and starting them immediately, and somehow hoping chemistry prevails, obviously has not worked for us. Why would another set of signings help?

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Matt10 on November 19, 2018, 12:16:41 AM
You would think we had learned our lesson. This isn't FIFA. Signing players and starting them immediately, and somehow hoping chemistry prevails, obviously has not worked for us. Why would another set of signings help?
Be fooolish not to be looking. Give between now and January for chemistry , f

toshes mate

Quote from: Matt10 on November 19, 2018, 12:16:41 AM
The chemistry comes from individuals as it does in all walks of life,  They have to want to gel together first and foremost rather than be selfishly confined to developing their own future potentials.   We have seen how long it takes to produce it over the past several seasons, and it is never as easy as you think it should be. 

DevonFFC

Statto

We all know what will happen, we won't sign anyone until the last day of the window, at which point we'll get someone on a loan deal from Spain in a position where we already have plenty of cover, and two African-French guys we've never heard of.

Lucav07

The most we'll probably sign in January is 2-3. I personally don't see how that would disrupt any chemistry this team has already, plus all of the players mentioned have Premier League experience. If I had said to sign a whole new 11 then you could call it Fifa, but I don't personally see a problem with strengthening with 2-3 additions in January.

toshes mate

Quote from: Lucav07 on November 19, 2018, 09:15:58 AM
The most we'll probably sign in January is 2-3. I personally don't see how that would disrupt any chemistry this team has already, plus all of the players mentioned have Premier League experience. If I had said to sign a whole new 11 then you could call it Fifa, but I don't personally see a problem with strengthening with 2-3 additions in January.
I think the acquisition of Targett last winter proved how lucky you can get with best fits, but, for me, Odoi is the model professional who will fit it with whatever his gaffer wants because he just wants to play.  He is the simple version of chemistry.  It is the more complex characters who make life more difficult and I don't think there is a system in the world that can iron out the potential flawed signings.  They'll happen come what may, but the secret is keeping them to a minimum. 

Distribution calculus would suggest all clubs hit a fairly broad middle zone in 'successful' signings but there are always anomalies that are largely ignored in such data which is one reason why data analysis needs very careful study and not ready made algorithms to supposedly cut corners. 

I enjoyed your video BTW.   

S.F.Sorrow

I think it's too soon to say until we know how Ranieri sets up the team. Last January anyone with half a brain knew that we desperately needed a LB and a striker. It's a bit more complicated now. We can't judge the players based on how they played under Joka, things are going to be very different now.