more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ranieri and Transfers.

Started by Lighthouse, November 18, 2018, 12:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

FROM WEST LONDON NEWS. COM -  LYALL THOMAS

Claudio Ranieri will have the same input over transfers at Fulham as his predecessor Slavisa Jokanovic did.

But Ranieri has suggested he will be happier with the club's recruitment policy than the Serbian, who was often at odds with the board over signings.

Jokanovic felt his own targets were ignored, but Ranieri says he is happy to work within the current set-up.

"I spoke with the chairman about this," he said. "There are some people that are working (on recruitment) and then they put to me some players.

"They show me the name and after I have to choose who is the right player for us. I am happy with that."

"For now I have to work with these players. I haven't met them all yet because of the international break. But already I love them. I want them to bring their best.

"After, if there is something, I can say to the chairman 'I need another player because I need this kind on the team' – that's another thing.

"I spoke with the chairman about it, and he said to me 'Claudio, if you need something, I am here'.

"But I said I want to see the players because, when you change the manager, the behaviour in the dressing room also changes.

"Some players maybe didn't play under the former manager, and with the new manager will give more, because maybe there is more feeling between the new manager and the player.

"I believe I have very good players, but now they have to show me the fighting spirit."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

Blimey. Can't wait for the books to come out in about ten years. Where else is the transfer strategy so intriguing?.

Snibbo

Interesting. Sounds like the "2 yes" system to me.

What will be really interesting will be too see if players currently labeled as "bad business" will or will not shake off that label under Ranieri

hovewhite

Wonder what will happen if Claudio wants an over 28 y.o player.

toshes mate

A literal description of a 'thing', any 'thing', can be good, bad, or indifferent, and neither the Jokanovic version nor the Ranieri version are relevant when it comes to understanding how the 'thing' works in practice and p[ractical terms if indeed it works at all.  The human being operates in many fundamental ways and is usually seen at its best when it is purposeful, inclusive, cooperating, supportive, coordinating, and constructive and at its worse when ego driven, self centred, divisive, controlling, contorted and inflexible.  It is the effectiveness of the system and the results produced that are the difference, and not the descriptive texts  pushed via media. 

There is a data analyst opportunity involvig South American football currently open for applicants at Manchester City FC and I'd love to see Tony Khan go for it and not just put an end to nepotism at FFC but relieve us of its many negative effects.  He'd get some much needed experience about how English fooball works and perhaps then FFC would have a chance of seeing how a recruitment system could and can work to the betterment of all.  It's win-win TK.

DevonFFC

Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2018, 08:23:56 AM
A literal description of a 'thing', any 'thing', can be good, bad, or indifferent, and neither the Jokanovic version nor the Ranieri version are relevant when it comes to understanding how the 'thing' works in practice and p[ractical terms if indeed it works at all.  The human being operates in many fundamental ways and is usually seen at its best when it is purposeful, inclusive, cooperating, supportive, coordinating, and constructive and at its worse when ego driven, self centred, divisive, controlling, contorted and inflexible.  It is the effectiveness of the system and the results produced that are the difference, and not the descriptive texts  pushed via media. 

There is a data analyst opportunity involvig South American football currently open for applicants at Manchester City FC and I'd love to see Tony Khan go for it and not just put an end to nepotism at FFC but relieve us of its many negative effects.  He'd get some much needed experience about how English fooball works and perhaps then FFC would have a chance of seeing how a recruitment system could and can work to the betterment of all.  It's win-win TK.

Leave poor Tony alone, why would he want to go, he's doing a great job here

toshes mate

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 18, 2018, 08:33:59 AM

Says a spokesperson for Mr Khan Jnr....

DevonFFC

Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2018, 08:38:55 AM
Quote from: DevonFFC on November 18, 2018, 08:33:59 AM

Says a spokesperson for Mr Khan Jnr....

No a person who has a care about your health and mental state. The rage and repent you hold for Tony cannot be good for your heart.

Wish I did know him though, I'd like a go on his dads dingey

toshes mate

Oh, do stick to worrying about yourself dear DevonFFC because you clearly have more than enough to deal with already.   I'll let you know if I need your help, if that's okay with you?

DevonFFC

Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2018, 08:51:49 AM
Oh, do stick to worrying about yourself dear DevonFFC because you clearly have more than enough to deal with already.   I'll let you know if I need your help, if that's okay with you?

I was at the drs other day, I got the all clear so nothing to worry about my end. If life gets you down though, it's ok to talk, just remember that.

toshes mate

Took me a some seconds to understand the 'drs' but it is reassuring to hear that you are in good hands. 

Lighthouse

What nobody has satisfactorily explained is why this awful system has got us promotion?  Why Joka stuck with it. Why this squad started the season playing ok but suddenly lost their way completely.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

DevonFFC

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 18, 2018, 10:41:14 AM
What nobody has satisfactorily explained is why this awful system has got us promotion?  Why Joka stuck with it. Why this squad started the season playing ok but suddenly lost their way completely.

Because of Tony Khan buddy, it's all his fault. Everything

Statto

What nobody has satisfactorily explained is why this awful system has got us promotion? 

Well the obvious and predictable answer, which of course you won't like, is it must have been the coach that got us promoted, in spite of the transfer system.

Why Joka stuck with it. 

He made his unhappiness about the system very public and ultimately got his way own way to some extent when Kline was sacked. Surely we all have aspects of our job we're unhappy with, and moan about and/or try to change, without taking the nuclear option of quiting.

Why this squad started the season playing ok but suddenly lost their way completely.

This question is more difficult in fairness.

But which individuals have actually got worse since those first 4-6 games where we looked ok?

Rico, Mawson, Anguissa and Cairney are only just being intergrated or reintroduced into the team. Chambers and Christie looked improved, if anything. Sessegnon, Mitro and Odoi have been fairly consistent IMO.

Who's actually got worse? Fosu-Mensah?Schurrle maybe? Seri certainly. But did anyone expect luxury players like the Seri and Schurrle to keep their shoulders to the wheel if we slipped deep into a relegation battle? And Seri may just be upset because he's found out Tony Khan/Mackintosh allowed Nice to take a massive bonus off him when he was sold. 

toshes mate

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 18, 2018, 11:42:20 AM

That's your GP prescribed pill doing the talking, I presume.  Must be good stuff.

DevonFFC

Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2018, 12:35:14 PM

That's your GP prescribed pill doing the talking, I presume.  Must be good stuff.

No I have been keeping an eye on your posts in last 24 hrs and everything is Tony Khans fault, I agree with a poster on another forum you have a problem with him

toshes mate

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 18, 2018, 12:49:54 PM

No I have been keeping an eye on your posts in last 24 hrs and everything is Tony Khans fault, I agree with a poster on another forum you have a problem with him
But I am not alone in 'having a problem with him' judging by the comments of many others who you haven't chosen to pick on. 

gang

You two sound just like the Fulham dressing room.

alfie

Quote from: Statto on November 18, 2018, 11:48:20 AM
What nobody has satisfactorily explained is why this awful system has got us promotion? 

Well the obvious and predictable answer, which of course you won't like, is it must have been the coach that got us promoted, in spite of the transfer system.

Why Joka stuck with it. 

He made his unhappiness about the system very public and ultimately got his way own way to some extent when Kline was sacked. Surely we all have aspects of our job we're unhappy with, and moan about and/or try to change, without taking the nuclear option of quiting.

Why this squad started the season playing ok but suddenly lost their way completely.

This question is more difficult in fairness.

But which individuals have actually got worse since those first 4-6 games where we looked ok?

Rico, Mawson, Anguissa and Cairney are only just being intergrated or reintroduced into the team. Chambers and Christie looked improved, if anything. Sessegnon, Mitro and Odoi have been fairly consistent IMO.

Who's actually got worse? Fosu-Mensah?Schurrle maybe? Seri certainly. But did anyone expect luxury players like the Seri and Schurrle to keep their shoulders to the wheel if we slipped deep into a relegation battle? And Seri may just be upset because he's found out Tony Khan/Mackintosh allowed Nice to take a massive bonus off him when he was sold.
Mr S. why is it Tony Khan/Mackintosh fault, Fulham agree fee, surely how the buying club decide what to do with the income is not up to them/player/agent.

Without trying to be rude, you do tend to lump everything you don't like on them, is this purely because you don't like them.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

DevonFFC

Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2018, 12:53:33 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on November 18, 2018, 12:49:54 PM

But I am not alone in 'having a problem with him' judging by the comments of many others who you haven't chosen to pick on.

Im not picking on you, making me sound like a bully. But you cannot pin every failing on the Khans I just think it's very singleminded of you.
It's your opinion of course but I don't understand it